ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 31
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>We have a new GM and his name is Brett Veach
okiedokieokoye 02:36 PM 07-10-2017
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
From @TomPelissero and me: The #Chiefs are finalizing a deal for Brett Veach to be their new GM.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:06 PM 07-14-2017
Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy:
Wanted Pioli to stay? What the hell are you talking about?

He wanted to make a Reid/Pioli relationship work. I think he got to be pretty good friends with Fat Scott.

Lucky for us Reid just said, "No, Clark. Do it the right way."
[Reply]
Eleazar 02:14 PM 07-14-2017
Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy:
Wanted Pioli to stay? What the hell are you talking about?
It was widely reported at the time that everyone in the ownership group wanted to fire Pioli except Clark.

Clark wanted to keep Scott Pioli, but for some reason put Dorsey out on his ear in the middle of the summer, when he'd let Dorsey run the team's draft - including selecting a QBOTF and trading next year's first round pick away - just 2 months earlier.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:18 PM 07-14-2017
He wanted that moron to stay? Clark went on TV and apologized that fans and swore he would right the ship with a new coach and GM but he really wanted Pioli to stay?

Clark was giving Pioli a pass on his total failure? With what happend recently I doubt that's true.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:42 PM 07-14-2017
Originally Posted by Cochise:
It was widely reported at the time that everyone in the ownership group wanted to fire Pioli except Clark.
By whom?

This has about as much credibility as Marty Schottenheimer's waitress girlfriend.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/20480591/...-power-from-gm

Many fans want Pioli gone. Hunt said he won't decide on Pioli's future until he selects the new Kansas City Chiefs head coach, which he hopes will be in a matter of days. But Hunt made clear Monday that it was he, not Pioli, who decided to fire head coach Romeo Crennel after the team ended 2-14 and clinched the first pick in the NFL draft.

"It was my decision, although it was one that Scott agreed with as well," Hunt said. He also made clear that he, not Pioli, would select Crennel's replacement.

"We are going to have a search committee. I am not going into the dynamics of the search committee," Hunt said, adding it would have "internal and external" members. "We are very well organized". He said it would be "a very efficient and thorough search," that he hopes to complete in a matter of days, and certainly within two weeks.

But two decisions by Hunt could perhaps reveal more about Pioli's future in Kansas City than anything else. For the first time in franchise history, Hunt said the coach will report to the owner rather than the general manager. Hunt did not reveal how he would referee disagreements between his general manager and coach.

And when it came time to tell the players about Crennel's firing, Hunt let Crennel first break the news, and then he spoke. Pioli wasn't in the room and has made no public comments this week. Hunt said he has much love, admiration and affection for Crennel. He said firing Crennel was a touch decision, but the NFL is a performance-based business. And his next comments were perhaps ominous for Pioli's future in Kansas City.

"Nobody gets a passing grade on the way the team performed this year," Hunt said. "And that includes Scott, and he knows that. And he takes responsibility for it."

Some believe Hunt hasn't dismissed Pioli yet because they are working out a severance deal, but Pioli's departure will come by Feb. 1.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:57 PM 07-14-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
:-)

Hey Dumb****, Pioli has run the drafts the past two seasons in Atlanta. He's drafted some damn good players, all of whom helped them reach the Super Bowl after the 2016 season.

He knows personnel.

And you're nothing than a moronic blowhard that knows absolutely nothing about the NFL.
You really think Pioli has called the personnel shots over Dimitroff these last 2 drafts ? :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:20 PM 07-14-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
You really think Pioli has called the personnel shots over Dimitroff these last 2 drafts ? :-)
Yeah, that's right you fucking quack.

Here's a link, you buttfucking moron. Arthur Blank removed Dimitroff from the draft and personnel decisions after the 2014 season.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/a...tant-gm-010715

The changes appear to weaken the authority of Dimitroff, whose future was left in doubt by owner Arthur Blank at the news conference to announce Smith’s firing. Blank said Wednesday the new coach and Dimitroff "will report separately to me."

"After reviewing all of our options — internally and externally — I have no reservations that this is the best approach to setting up our player personnel groups for future success," Blank said in a statement released by the team.

"It maximizes the talents of Scott, allows for more time and focus on all areas of our football operations groups managed by Thomas, and is in line with other player personnel groups in the league."

[Reply]
PHOG 09:59 PM 07-14-2017
Good Luck, according to all here, You'll need it. Tear it up, man.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:38 AM 07-15-2017
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/...-to-believe-me

I know most on here hate AP, but this is a story that a guy wrote up that is actually quite believable.. I won't try to explain it all here, but if you believe this, then it has the answer to what happened with Dorsey. Straight from Dorsey's mouth.

According to this, Dorsey asked Hunt for an out to go to GB in his next contract. Apparently, Clark wasn't having it, and basically just made the choice to go in a different direction right then and there.
[Reply]
frozenchief 10:34 AM 07-15-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

I know most on here hate AP, but this is a story that a guy wrote up that is actually quite believable.. I won't try to explain it all here, but if you believe this, then it has the answer to what happened with Dorsey. Straight from Dorsey's mouth.

According to this, Dorsey asked Hunt for an out to go to GB in his next contract. Apparently, Clark wasn't having it, and basically just made the choice to go in a different direction right then and there.
This makes a great deal of sense. Hunt had previously publically said he wanted to extend Dorsey's contract. Dorsey has made some great draft choices and some money management mis-steps but nothing had really changed between Hunt's statements and the firing. Maclin's release may not have been handled the best but it really didn't rank as a firing offense. And money made no sense for a contract sticking point. Hunt really wouldn't renew Dorsey's contract over a few hundred thousand dollars?

I can absolutely see Hunt refusing to grant an out to another team and that being a deal breaker. Of all of the rumors, suggestions and theories, this makes the most sense. Admittedly, this could be a load of crap. Maybe Hunt didn't want to pay the extra money or he didn't like Dorsey's style. I wasn't there and I don't know. But Occam's Razor suggests this is the most likely reason.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:55 AM 07-15-2017
And hunt had said he wants continuity, chiefs people, family .

No reason to prolong it if there is a chance of him leaving.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:31 AM 07-15-2017

Yeah...that didnt happen.

You really think a plumber is going to be rummaging through Dorsey's desk/personal files and sharing the photos...let alone have access to it? One of which has part of the photo blurred out? That a writer for AP would just stumble on the rare chance of his boss's friend having insider info?

What are the odds?

Even it it were true...that plumber is now fired...but he isn't because he never existed.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:46 AM 07-15-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:

You really think a plumber is going to be rummaging through Dorsey's desk/personal files and sharing the photos...let alone have access to it? One of which has part of the photo blurred out? That a writer for AP would just stumble on the rare chance of his boss's friend having insider info?

What are the odds?

Even it it were true...that plumber is now fired...but he isn't because he never existed.
Hard to say. I just look at it like, why would the guy take the time to write such a thorough story if it were not true? Depends on the type of guy that you are, I suppose.

Considering the timing of the firing, this reason does make quite a bit of sense. If Hunt thought he was only extending Dorsey just so he can leave next January, I would want to fire him now too. Get the ball rolling early and hire a GM who is totally loyal to your franchise.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:07 PM 07-15-2017
Hard to say. I just look at it like, why would the guy take the time to write such a thorough story if it were not true? Depends on the type of guy that you are, I suppose.

Considering the timing of the firing, this reason does make quite a bit of sense. If Hunt thought he was only extending Dorsey just so he can leave next January, I would want to fire him now too. Get the ball rolling early and hire a GM who is totally loyal to your franchise.
He went out of his was to preface the article with "you can believe it or not"...sounded like clickbait to me. Dorsey airing his dirty laundry to a plumber doesnt sound realistic.
[Reply]
frozenchief 12:23 PM 07-15-2017
He went out of his was to preface the article with "you can believe it or not"...sounded like clickbait to me. Dorsey airing his dirty laundry to a plumber doesnt sound realistic.
Dorsey airing his dirty laundry to a plumber may not be realistic but Dorsey wanting an out to go to Green Bay is. Not to say that Dorsey would exercise the option but I could see Dorsey wanting the option and Hunt not wanting to extend the option.

I won't plant my flag and die on this story being absolutely true but I do believe this is the most likely reason for the extension talks breaking down irrespective of the veracity of this plumber's story.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:37 PM 07-15-2017
Yes, I agree.

Now, when the news that Dorsey was fired hit, I immediately said that an Escape Clause was a factor, if not the determining factor. Lots of people argued against it but I still think that it played into the overall decision.

As far this "plumber", what the hell is he doing rummaging around in Dorsey's files? Even more to the point, why in the world would Dorsey have actual hard copy files in a desk drawer at home?

This is 2017, people. Everything is electronic.

That alone negates this story.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 31
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Up