ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>No New School at Fort Campbell: The Money Went to Trumpís Border Wall
EmojiMania 08:11 PM 09-06-2019
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/05/u...-families.html

Originally Posted by :
For almost two decades, families at Fort Campbell, the sprawling Army base along the Kentucky-Tennessee border, have borne the brunt of the countryís war efforts as a steady clip of troops with the 101st Airborne Division and from Special Operations units deployed to Afghanistan and Iraq.

This week, the families discovered that they would not get the new middle school they were expecting so that President Trump could build his border wall. The school is on the list of 127 projects, touching nearly every facet of American military life, that will be suspended to shift $3.6 billion to the wall.

The Pentagonís decision to divert $62.6 million from the construction of Fort Campbellís middle school means that 552 students in sixth, seventh and eighth grades will continue to cram themselves in, 30 to a classroom in some cases, at the baseís aging Mahaffey Middle School. Teachers at Mahaffey will continue to use mobile carts to store their books, lesson plans and homework assignments because there is not enough classroom space. Students stuffed into makeshift classrooms-within-classrooms will continue to strain to figure out which lesson to listen to and which one to filter out.

And since the cafeteria at Mahaffey is not big enough to seat everyone at lunchtime, some students will continue to eat in the school library.
Another great chess move from master politician Donald Trump, right? Sticking it to the troops to build an unpopular wall will surely be a boost in 2020 :-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Cosmos 11:00 PM 09-06-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
School is a waste of money these days, anyway.
Good to hear it wasnít wasted on you...
[Reply]
Sideburn 12:53 AM 09-07-2019
Did I miss why a middle school cost $62 million to build? Especially one for 552 students. Is this serious? Fuckin' gov't.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 02:13 AM 09-07-2019
Originally Posted by Sideburn:
Did I miss why a middle school cost $62 million to build? Especially one for 552 students. Is this serious? Fuckin' gov't.
Was just about to post this. Ridiculous.

Wonder why Emoji didnt question this? TDS?
[Reply]
mac459 06:19 AM 09-07-2019
If I’m thinking of the right school, they have been trying to get money for renovations for 10-15 years. The school has had climate control issues, roof issues, all kinds of shit.

A few years ago they shut down the other middle school, then sent all the kids to this school. So they doubled the attendance of the middle school, without doing any real big updates to this old school.

It was Ft. Campbell’s turn in the rotation for updates to the base, and they just happen to be the ones to get the raw end. So they will probably get the updates next year and everyone will just be pushed back a year. This also killed about $40 million towards my old teams getting new training facilities and updates to others.

Sucks but military family lives typically get shafted like this every year because money always gets diverted towards other contracts. To use this to bitch about the wall this year is just an emotional play to act like they care military families. All the money blown on over priced contractor deals could have built a ton of schools.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 06:29 AM 09-07-2019
So these poor children will go to school in conditions just like I did.

Oh, the humanity!
[Reply]
DJJasonp 08:19 AM 09-07-2019
Originally Posted by jettio:
Reading the entire article and not just the excerpt in the thread is interesting.

Breaking promises to military families ought to be filed under the kind of shit that happens when you have a POTUS that wears a wig and can't get no pussy and lacks intellect and character.
are you a bot, by any chance?

Seems you post this exact same thing each time (post #2 and #11 in this thread alone)
[Reply]
Bowser 08:28 AM 09-07-2019
So there actually is a school there, they just don't get a shiny new one for now. Oh, the humanity.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 08:53 AM 09-07-2019
Trump deceived,
The Trumptards believed.

Remember when Donald Trump said Mexico would pay for the wall? He lied.

Instead, military families are paying the price for his wasteful, ineffective vanity project. pic.twitter.com/qA2jkTj14J

— Congressman Tim Ryan (@RepTimRyan) September 6, 2019

[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:01 AM 09-07-2019
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
are you a bot, by any chance?

Seems you post this exact same thing each time (post #2 and #11 in this thread alone)
And he doesn't realize that the POTUS does indeed "get pussy", and we have proof.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:02 AM 09-07-2019
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
Trump deceived,
The Trumptards believed.

Hey, it's Lex Loser!!
[Reply]
Bowser 09:08 AM 09-07-2019
Trump deceived,
The Trumptards believed.

What do you think Putin's long game is here?
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:14 AM 09-07-2019
Trump deceived,
The Trumptards believed.

Where's our market update, faggot?

We get back to within a few hundred points of the all-time high, and your market updates become harder to find than your micro-penis.
[Reply]
kstater 09:19 AM 09-07-2019
An Air Force engineering school building got nixed too. No reason for engineers in the millitary right

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Bowser 09:20 AM 09-07-2019
Originally Posted by kstater:
An Air Force engineering school building got nixed too. No reason for engineers in the millitary right

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
All these years and being so close to the Air Force getting its very first engineering school. That's some bad luck right there.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:41 AM 09-07-2019
I thought the wall was Not getting built according to Dems?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up