ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Should U.S. businesses and individuals obey Trump's orders?
Yes, businesses and individuals should obey his orders. 3 17.65%
Only businesses should obey his orders. 1 5.88%
Only individuals should obey his orders. 0 0%
No one is is not an employee of the executive branch should obey his orders. 13 76.47%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Should U.S. Businesses (and individuals) Obey Trump's Orders?
NinerDoug 12:33 PM 08-23-2019
:-)

So, what do you think? He's the Prez. Should American Businesses follow his orders?

What about ordinary citizens who are not business owners? If he gives them orders, should they follow them?

Poll Coming.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-s...ives-to-china/

Trump orders U.S. companies to "start looking for alternatives" to China

President Donald Trump is ordering U.S. businesses to "immediately start looking for an alternative to China," including bringing their manufacturing back to the U.S. The president issued the directive in a series of tweets on Friday morning after China hiked tariffs on $75 billion of U.S. products.

Mr. Trump's tweets heighten trade tensions between the world's biggest economies, with China's latest countermeasures coming in retaliation for planned U.S. tariff hikes on roughly $300 billion in Chinese imports planned for next month and in December.

"Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China, including bringing your companies HOME and making your products in the USA," Mr. Trump tweeted. "I will be responding to China's Tariffs this afternoon."

....better off without them. The vast amounts of money made and stolen by China from the United States, year after year, for decades, will and must STOP. Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China, including bringing..

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 23, 2019

Mr. Trump added he is "ordering all carriers, including Fed Ex, Amazon, UPS and the Post Office, to SEARCH FOR & REFUSE,....all deliveries of Fentanyl from China (or anywhere else!). Fentanyl kills 100,000 Americans a year. President Xi said this would stop - it didn't."

Investors, jittery over the trade war's impact on the global economy sent U.S. markets sharply lower after Mr. Trump's tweets. The Dow dropped almost 360 points, or 1.4%, to 25,894, while the broader S&P 500 and tech-heavy Nasdaq each fell more than 1%.

China's move to hike tariffs on U.S. imports represents "another tit-for-tat move and could increase the risk that President Trump will decide to raise the recent tariffs from 10% up to 25%," said Brian Rose, senior Americas economist at UBS Global Wealth Management, in a research note. "In our view, 25% tariffs would cause considerable economic damage and greatly increase the probability of a US recession in 2020."
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:36 PM 08-23-2019
Businesses have to obey all sorts of stupid orders from DC. Why are you just now upset?
[Reply]
NinerDoug 12:38 PM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Businesses have to obey all sorts of stupid orders from DC. Why are you just now upset?
I'm not upset. I think it's hilarious, actually.

Good to know where you stand though.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:38 PM 08-23-2019
If his "order" becomes a law passed by Congress, sure. Until then no. Not just Trump, but any president.
[Reply]
eDave 12:43 PM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
If his "order" becomes a law passed by Congress, sure. Until then no. Not just Trump, but any president.
Can't wait for THAT executive order.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:49 PM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
I'm not upset. I think it's hilarious, actually.

Good to know where you stand though.
You obv missed this: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=324612
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 12:53 PM 08-23-2019
That's not an order...it's more of a warning...this is about to get fucked up and you should look at alternatives.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 12:54 PM 08-23-2019
If you are Federal Contractor (which is like an employee) then yes you have to obey executive orders. Its in your contract.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:56 PM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
That's not an order...it's more of a warning...this is about to get ****ed up and you should look at alternatives.
"Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China, including bringing your companies HOME and making your products in the USA," Mr. Trump tweeted. "I will be responding to China's Tariffs this afternoon."

Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 23, 2019
[Reply]
Amnorix 12:57 PM 08-23-2019
Well, he's a pompous ass who can't really "order" that, but obviously the President, through regulatory rulemaking and using the actual, official, methods, could certainly implement measures to make it much less desirable to invest in China.

With Congressional backing, of course, it could even go further than that.

He's not wrong that China has purposefully and systemically, for years, fucked us and American businesses who felt they had no viable alternative. I don't disagree for a second with his overall policy on China. I've seen China's approach, and it's utterly disgusting.
[Reply]
Amnorix 12:58 PM 08-23-2019
If you are Federal Contractor (which is like an employee) then yes you have to obey executive orders. Its in your contract.

You know what isn't an executive order? A fucking tweet...
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 01:01 PM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
You know what isn't an executive order? A ****ing tweet...
That goes without saying.

Like i said ...it's a warning.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 01:01 PM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
You obv missed this: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=324612
What does that have to do with the subject at hand?
[Reply]
NinerDoug 01:02 PM 08-23-2019
That's not an order...it's more of a warning...this is about to get ****ed up and you should look at alternatives.
". . . are hereby ordered . . . "

That non-order sure looks like an order to me.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 01:04 PM 08-23-2019
So if he tweeted out an order to all Federal contractors to paint the buildings housing their businesses red, white and blue (or orange), they should obey?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up