ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 32
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Media Center>Avengers (4) Endgame - Spoilers Welcome Thread
DaFace 08:09 PM 04-23-2019
Since Endgame is probably one of the most anticipated films we've had here in a while, let's quarantine all discussion from those who have seen the film (or who have otherwise read spoilers). If you don't want to see stuff get spoiled, stay out!

(And this will likely be the last time I view this thread until Friday, so if you need me to put something in the OP or similar, shoot me a PM. I won't read posts in here.)
[Reply]
Carr4MVP 06:08 AM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Who gives a shit? It was corny and shoehorned in and lasted for less than 30 seconds. Same thing happened in Wakanda in Avengers Infinity War.
It felt more organic in Infinity War. But whatever. Gotta keep pander to keep SJWs happy.
[Reply]
Superturtle 06:12 AM 04-27-2019
Biggest thing that annoyed me was Thor chopping present Thanos left arm off to get the gauntlet off. Why didn't you do that again in this movie during the final battle during all the hullabaloo? Why didn't you do that LAST movie when you were flying in with a giant battle ax? You can just throw the damn thing where you want it to go.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:29 AM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:


He was in the comics, and I owned the issue of his 1st appearance
I don't read and have never read the comics.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:31 AM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Biggest thing that annoyed me was Thor chopping present Thanos left arm off to get the gauntlet off. Why didn't you do that again in this movie during the final battle during all the hullabaloo? Why didn't you do that LAST movie when you were flying in with a giant battle ax? You can just throw the damn thing where you want it to go.
If they did that in the last movie, they dont make another $2 BILLION with the new movie.
[Reply]
Superturtle 06:32 AM 04-27-2019
Fat Viking Thor was cringey at times but also pretty funny and it was a setup fir that conversation with his mom in the past.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:33 AM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I don't read and have never read the comics.
Know the origin then, because it is there from the source material
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:34 AM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
It felt more organic in Infinity War. But whatever. Gotta keep pander to keep SJWs happy.
I was in the movie theatre for 3.5 hours. Your going to be pissed about something in the movie that lasted <30 seconds? Sorry man, thats on you.
[Reply]
Superturtle 06:35 AM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
If they did that in the last movie, they dont make another $2 BILLION with the new movie.
Or figure out a way how Thanos can reattach his arm relatively easy so they try it, it fails, and they don't do it again. The only time they attempt the arm chop it works but it's irrelevant.

Time stone. Conveniently placed medical minion. Something.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:36 AM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Know the origin then, because it is there from the source material
Fuck that. Ain't got time to go back and read comic books for background on a popcorn movie.
[Reply]
Superturtle 06:40 AM 04-27-2019
Absolutely loved how brutal Thanos was in this movie. Just violently beating the shit out of everyone he got his hands on in a practical manner.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:41 AM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Absolutely loved how brutal Thanos was in this movie. Just violently beating the shit out of everyone he got his hands on in a practical manner.
I loved how he cunt punted Danvers
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 06:59 AM 04-27-2019
Loved it. Great flick.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:58 AM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I loved how he cunt punted Danvers
I don't have any dislike for Captain Marvel, but I am glad that they didn't let her overpoweredness ruin anything. She was present in this one, but she was really a pretty minor character. I was a little worried that this would become the "Captain Marvel Saves the Day" story.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:00 AM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by listopencil:
They explained that, indirectly, with the mocking of previous time travel movies and other conversational tidbits. They (the characters) followed the standard in-universe space/time laws right up until they reversed the original snap of Thanos. Reversing the snap caused Time to manifest as a universal force that attempted to invalidate the snap reversal. From the snap reversal on forward chronologically in the movie the time stream had been reset, and everything after it became new fixed points in time, with some critical events from before the snap reversal possibly entangled into the new time stream. It is certainly possible though that Nebula is now a combination of the new "good" and old "evil" Nebula as they shared minds.

Explain the existence of "Old" Cap? if it's an alternate timeline. If it splinters from a "616" continuity for example
[Reply]
DaFace 08:05 AM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Explain the existence of "Old" Cap? if it's an alternate timeline. If it splinters from a "616" continuity for example
After he'd lived his life, he might have "warped" back to the present. They showed earlier in the movie that they could warp between times without going back to the big crazy machine.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 32
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up