ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 33
« First < 212728293031 3233 >
Media Center>Avengers (4) Endgame - Spoilers Welcome Thread
DaFace 08:09 PM 04-23-2019
Since Endgame is probably one of the most anticipated films we've had here in a while, let's quarantine all discussion from those who have seen the film (or who have otherwise read spoilers). If you don't want to see stuff get spoiled, stay out!

(And this will likely be the last time I view this thread until Friday, so if you need me to put something in the OP or similar, shoot me a PM. I won't read posts in here.)
[Reply]
AustinChief 06:44 PM 06-30-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
Dances with wolves
ftp

Dances with Smurfs
[Reply]
notorious 06:47 PM 06-30-2019
Originally Posted by Jamie:
I think you misread that. There's a report that Whalberg is replacing Chris Evans in a movie called Infinite, but it's nothing to do with Marvel.
Thank goodness I'm a moron.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:53 AM 07-11-2019

REPORT: 'Stranger Things' Star Millie Bobby Brown Joins Marvel Studios' 'The Eternals' https://t.co/dr1JGEAugq pic.twitter.com/e7xc2WFiJq

— Heroic Hollywood (@heroichollywood) July 11, 2019

[Reply]
Rausch 02:19 AM 07-16-2019
Has it been released yet when this comes out on digital and DVD?...
[Reply]
Skyy God 06:30 AM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Rumors of Mark Wahlberg being the next Cap. Shoot me in the face now.
That guy coulda stopped 9/11, you know.....

Also committed a hate crime again an Asian dude. F that guy sideways.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 06:03 AM 08-27-2019
Ancient thread... Just saw the movie... The time travel thing always seems cheap...

So, no stones in the current MCU? If new timelines are created, like when Thanos jumps to the future, what happened in original one? No Thanos, no snap. It's the problem with time travel; either it already happened and is immutable or time is fluid. It all depends on the perspective, it was the past for the Avengers and the future for Thanos.

Yeah, the Multiverse, string theory, quantum physics, entanglement, etc.

How exactly did that conversation between Red Skull and Cap go? Why didn't Strange just get the time stone and use it to locally back up time and bring Tony back? That's the problem with using time travel and then saying something can't be done.
[Reply]
Direckshun 02:53 PM 08-27-2019
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
So, no stones in the current MCU? If new timelines are created, like when Thanos jumps to the future, what happened in original one? No Thanos, no snap. It's the problem with time travel; either it already happened and is immutable or time is fluid. It all depends on the perspective, it was the past for the Avengers and the future for Thanos.
Unless I'm wrong, I think the universe Past Thanos jumped out of is safe, since he was the one strong enough to track all the stones down and kill the universe. It still has all the stones scattered about without Thanos tracking them down.

The universe Past Thanos jumped into, of course, is the one we're following, and it is now stoneless. Present Thanos destroyed the Present stones, and the Past stones were returned to the other universes.

Yeah, the Multiverse, string theory, quantum physics, entanglement, etc.
Right -- you can't figure out time travel, which is why it doesn't exist. But movies can set rules for time travel and then try to stick to those rules.

I felt this movie did a pretty good job of that.

Why didn't Strange just get the time stone and use it to locally back up time and bring Tony back? That's the problem with using time travel and then saying something can't be done.
What I tell myself: it's possible that bringing Tony back would undo the snap, since it was the snap that killed him.

Don't think you want to undo the snap.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 10:06 AM 08-28-2019
Finally watched this last night. I enjoyed it. There were plot holes. Time travel movies ...
You can explain away a lot of them with alternate universes, but they weren't consistent with it. But whatever. It's comic books.

Fat Thor was kinda funny, but would have liked to see Thor fucking shit up more. Professor Hulk was just not good. I mean, it would have been fine if that wasn't all we got. After Infinity War with Hulk running around in an Ironman suit the whole time, this movie needed some of the Hulk that slammed Loki around like a rag doll.

Cap with the hammer was fun. Someone said earlier in the thread that Black Widow died and nobody cared. I did. I thought it was among the best emotional scenes in the movie. Nebula was featured far more in this story than I would have guessed, but it was very well done. Great character arc. Captain Marvel didn't ruin the movie, yay. I watched her movie last night as well. It was okay I guess. I won't get into that movie here.

If you think about how many movies they have tied together it's pretty incredible. What a ride.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:37 AM 08-28-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Finally watched this last night. I enjoyed it. There were plot holes. Time travel movies ...
You can explain away a lot of them with alternate universes, but they weren't consistent with it. But whatever. It's comic books.

Fat Thor was kinda funny, but would have liked to see Thor fucking shit up more. Professor Hulk was just not good. I mean, it would have been fine if that wasn't all we got. After Infinity War with Hulk running around in an Ironman suit the whole time, this movie needed some of the Hulk that slammed Loki around like a rag doll.

Cap with the hammer was fun. Someone said earlier in the thread that Black Widow died and nobody cared. I did. I thought it was among the best emotional scenes in the movie. Nebula was featured far more in this story than I would have guessed, but it was very well done. Great character arc. Captain Marvel didn't ruin the movie, yay. I watched her movie last night as well. It was okay I guess. I won't get into that movie here.

If you think about how many movies they have tied together it's pretty incredible. What a ride.
Agreed on pretty much all counts.

I thought the Black Widow, and probably moreso Hawkeye aspects were some of the best parts of the movie.

Runners “Damn you Nat” line hit as hard as any line other than Downeys “I love you 3000” line, but I have a 5 year old daughter that probably skews my perspective on that one.

EDIT: 2012 Hulk and “NO MORE STAIRS!” Still makes me laugh. I’m often cracking that line with my wife and my buddies.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:43 AM 08-28-2019
How exactly did that conversation between Red Skull and Cap go? Why didn't Strange just get the time stone and use it to locally back up time and bring Tony back? That's the problem with using time travel and then saying something can't be done.
If you go back in time to undo Tony's death, you also undo Tony's snap.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 12:27 PM 08-28-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
If you go back in time to undo Tony's death, you also undo Tony's snap.
Not if you just back it up to before he receives the massive gamma radiation burst. After the snap and before being irradiated. If you can get to the quantum level, you can do pretty much anything you want. Go sub-atomic and the particles just miss you anyway.

Anyway, it was a somewhat satisfying end. ScarJo was always really hot however when they went back and showed scenes from Iron Man 2 on the special features. Yowza!
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:38 PM 10-01-2019
These are hit or miss with me, but this one struck me the right way.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:59 PM 10-26-2019
holy shit

[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:57 PM 10-26-2019
What's the significance of that old ass clip?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:41 PM 10-26-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
What's the significance of that old ass clip?
Totally previews Black Panther...
[Reply]
Page 31 of 33
« First < 212728293031 3233 >
Up