ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Puerto Rico and Maria
Mr. Kotter 05:29 PM 09-30-2017
Not single thread? Seriously?

I suppose everybody's out busy golfing...like Trump, eh?

:-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:10 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by Taco John:
This is hilarious. The only point of this was to bash Trump, but the minute it doesn't work they cut the guy off and threw it over to the Democrat cattle.

The boxing that these Democrats do of this guy is remarkable. Just goes to show you how fake our news is.
This right here is the distinction between good people with bad ideas, and bad people. They are every bit the cancer that Nazis, KKK, Antifa and leftist saboteurs are, if for no other reason than the casual consumer grants them the patina of good will and righteous passion. They see a narrative they believe will prove useful for the accumulation of power for their interests and play on citizen sympathies and ignorance to that end.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:31 AM 10-02-2017
The mayor should be lynched by her own people
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 06:49 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by jettio:
Not me. just posting in response to grouchy Bob Dole daring to call Kotter miserable after I just read his other post that was more miserable.

How miserable is it to call for people to be prosecuted when you can not spell out what criminal acts you are alleging and what evidence you would have to proof it.
Perhaps I am wrong...but I'm gonna give Bob the benefit of the doubt here. I've met him in person, and I hope his comment was directed less at my character and more at what he imagines to be my demeanor and day-to-day manner and attitude. Either way, he is off-the-mark, but given the constraints of online communications...and given his politics, his reaction is predictable.

Worse than Bob though, are the pompous religious and self-righteous among us who, among other delusions, imagine all good and decent people and all Christians are a monolithic group-- and that anyone NOT like them, is unworthy or a misguided heathen. When some still cling to a literal and fundamentalist interpretation of an 'inerrant truth' of the Bible, there is little room for civility, compromise, or even compassion. Instead their dogmatic faith and their own twisted notions of human 'decency' has become a gold standard for them--and anyone who doesn't agree with them are infidels to be demonized and minimized. It's been shaped by living in the echo chamber, and it's only gotten worse over the past 30 years.

It's where we, as a country, have arrived. While from a philosophical and moral perspective it is concerning and regrettable, it has little bearing on my daily life, thankfully. Miserable isn't a word anyone who really knows me in real life would ever think of to describe me. So I'm good; life is good. No worries.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:04 AM 10-02-2017
For cripes sake folks, their infrastructure was damaged which is a big part of the problem getting aid to them.
[Reply]
jettio 07:22 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter:
Perhaps I am wrong...but I'm gonna give Bob the benefit of the doubt here. I've met him in person, and I hope his comment was directed less at my character and more at what he imagines to be my demeanor and day-to-day manner and attitude. Either way, he is off-the-mark, but given the constraints of online communications...and given his politics, his reaction is predictable.

Worse than Bob though, are the pompous religious and self-righteous among us who, among other delusions, imagine all good and decent people and all Christians are a monolithic group-- and that anyone NOT like them, is unworthy or a misguided heathen. When some still cling to a literal and fundamentalist interpretation of an 'inerrant truth' of the Bible, there is little room for civility, compromise, or even compassion. Instead their dogmatic faith and their own twisted notions of human 'decency' has become a gold standard for them--and anyone who doesn't agree with them are infidels to be demonized and minimized. It's been shaped by living in the echo chamber, and it's only gotten worse over the past 30 years.

It's where we, as a country, have arrived. While from a philosophical and moral perspective it is concerning and regrettable, it has little bearing on my daily life, thankfully. Miserable isn't a word anyone who really knows me in real life would ever think of to describe me. So I'm good; life is good. No worries.
Really?

So are you saying I belong to what you describe in paragraph 2, because I asked a guy that is riding hard bitch with Trump if he is going to church?
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 07:26 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by jettio:
Really?

So are you saying I belong to what you describe in paragraph 2, because I asked a guy that is riding hard bitch with Trump if he is going to church?
No, no....not at all. It's the RWNJ ideologues and "Christians" who've chimed in with their seething contempt for anything that doesn't agree with them that I was referring to....you and I may have political disagreements, but I don't doubt the sincerity of your beliefs. I can't say the same for the hateful and intolerant others who reside here...many of them have been brainwashed by their echo chamber existence, and just spew what they hear without really thinking.
[Reply]
patteeu 10-02-2017, 08:13 AM
This message has been deleted by patteeu.
Pueblo Chieftan 08:33 AM 10-02-2017
Without saying so directly, both the governor of PR and PR's FEMA director do not dispute that Mayor Cruz of San Juan is exhibiting extremely poor leadership skills during the country's worst crisis in 100 years. The mayor has become hysterical and political and seeks to score points by slamming Trump. Meanwhile, the governor and the FEMA director in PR wish she would do her job and get back to the crisis management center, instead of wandering around the streets with a bullhorn and a media crew in tow.

If you relied primarily upon social media and internet for news - you would think Cruz is the leader of PR. She isn't. She is a left-wing mayor of the largest city in PR and is in over her head. The real leaders of PR are quietly and resolutely doing the work and getting the aid and infrastructure flowing again - while Cruz runs around the city in the limelight (instead of her post in the crisis management center) complaining about Trump.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 01:07 PM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by Donger:
18 tweets in 12 hours. Impressive display.
To me, that's the most telling part of the whole thing....first the NFL protests, and now this. This President seems to revel in being nothing but petty and petulant. He can't ever seem to take the high road. My 7 and 8 yr old nieces are more mature...

[Reply]
alpha_omega 01:11 PM 10-02-2017
...... My 7 and 8 yr old nieces are more mature...
I seriously doubt that.
[Reply]
stevieray 01:29 PM 10-02-2017

speaking of echo chambers.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:42 PM 10-02-2017
Percent of the US that would be okay with Puerto Rico sinking silently into the ocean?
Growing larger every day due to the way their politicians have conducted themselves/media has represented them over this.
[Reply]
ghak99 03:02 PM 10-02-2017
This is hilarious. The only point of this was to bash Trump, but the minute it doesn't work they cut the guy off and threw it over to the Democrat cattle.

The boxing that these Democrats do of this guy is remarkable. Just goes to show you how fake our news is.
I hope the poor soul that angry cunt went home to survived asking her how her day went.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:08 PM 10-02-2017
To me, that's the most telling part of the whole thing....first the NFL protests, and now this. This President seems to revel in being nothing but petty and petulant. He can't ever seem to take the high road. My 7 and 8 yr old nieces are more mature...

Just like those who ceaselessly and endlessly attack him.
[Reply]
Pueblo Chieftan 07:13 PM 10-02-2017

One of the hallmarks of poor leadership is going around accusing OTHERS of poor leadership.

Trump handled his part spectacularly. Liberals wanting power, politics, and money got in the way.

Keep in mind, the Navy aid ship the Comfort was due to set sail over a week ago, THEY called it off because they informed the Navy the docks were too badly damaged to dock it, and they needed repairs first. So Hillary attacks Trump KNOWING the truth will be silent.
[Reply]
scho63 08:07 PM 10-02-2017

That douchebag TV anchor decides to debate the former AG and give his opinion and anti-Trump view. No more reporting the news, just gang up or find an anti-Trump position.

They are shameless! :-)
[Reply]
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up