ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>How do you feel about a K.C. Wildcat offense?
cardken 11:50 AM 08-04-2010
The Wildcat in K.C.
August, 3, 2010
ESPNBLog

By Bill Williamson
The Kansas City Chiefs wasted no time in tinkering with the Wildcat formation Saturday. New offensive coordinator Charlie Weis dedicated an entire period to the formation.

Our sound-off question to Kansas City fans is does that notion excite you? Do you think the Wildcat (perhaps the WildChief) would work in Kansas City? Or do you think the Wildcat is passé and Kansas City should just keep its offense traditional.

With Jamaal Charles, Thomas Jones and rookie receiver Dexter McCluster all Wildcat candidates, it could be an interesting wrinkle in Weis’ playbook. Hit my mailbag with your thoughts on how you think it would affect Kansas City’s offense. I will post some of your responses later in the week.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:46 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by the Talking Can:
the wildcat - in the nfl - is a gimmick...you run it because you don't have a drop back passer you trust....

you haven't, and won't, see a superbowl quality teaming spending much time on the wildcat...because it takes what should be your best and most important player - your QB - out of the offense....
Originally Posted by KC Fish:
I hate to see gimmicky shit like this. It's stupid to waste practice time on it. 4-5 Wildcat formation snaps in an entire season I can understand. But don't bother devoting practice time to it. Sheesh.

If we had a QB who could accurately throw, this wouldn't even be talked about...
You two hate this team and franchise more than I ever imagined.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:52 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Pottle Meet kettle
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 01:07 PM 08-04-2010
:-)

Poor OTWP, Nice, already playing my lines? :-)

You provide hours of entertainment....

BTW way you didnt answer this in another thread, I am anxiously awaiting your reply?

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I'm trying to figure out what you mean by "unacceptable" here. What choice to you have but to accept it? I mean, if it truly is unacceptable, what is your recourse to ensure that it doesn't happen?
This I want to know... I want to see if your just a message board hero or if you can actually make changes in the Chiefs organization...

I thought I was bad pissing on everyones threads when Herm was here... You've got me beat for sure... Only fact I am going to use to back this up is? Nothing... Absolutely nothing, just to watch you rant that much more...

This is fun!

Oh and edit: All the bitching I did about Herm did absolutely nothing... Nobody listened at One Arrowhead Dr.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 01:09 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
:-)

Poor OTWP, Nice, already playing my lines? :-)

You provide hours of entertainment....

BTW way you didnt answer this in another thread, I am anxiously awaiting your reply?

This I want to know... I want to see if your just a message board hero or if you can actually make changes in the Chiefs organization...

I thought I was bad pissing on everyones threads when Herm was here... You've got me beat for sure... Only fact I am going to use to back this up is? Nothing... Absolutely nothing, just to watch you rant that much more...

This is fun!
Post the link to that thread. I'm pretty sure I responded to that post.

If not, I will.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 01:13 PM 08-04-2010
Post the link to that thread. I'm pretty sure I responded to that post.

If not, I will.
BTW, Your a good cat. I am just messing with you... Just seeing how far I can push your buttons before you go all Carl on me and tell me to :-).

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=231478
[Reply]
mcaj22 01:23 PM 08-04-2010
Probably in case Matt Cassel does his usual 3 and out drives they can just leave him on the sideline and hope 3 running backs can move us up and down the field hiking the ball to each other.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 01:32 PM 08-04-2010
Screw the Wildcat. This is the Weiscat. DMC and Charles flanking TJ in a Little Rascal.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:36 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Anything that takes touches away from Cassel works for me.
:-) Winner.
[Reply]
BigRock 01:41 PM 08-04-2010
Yeah, it's gonna be a big part of the offense. That's why they worked on it on the second day of camp in full view of fans and media.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:44 PM 08-04-2010
So do we resign Marques Hagans or Tyler Thigpen to run it?
[Reply]
-King- 01:49 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by the Talking Can:
the wildcat - in the nfl - is a gimmick...you run it because you don't have a drop back passer you trust....

you haven't, and won't, see a superbowl quality teaming spending much time on the wildcat...because it takes what should be your best and most important player - your QB - out of the offense....
Dallas runs it. Jets run it. Chargers run it. Vikings run it. Philly does too...
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Dave Lane 01:50 PM 08-04-2010
He did that wrong. You should be able to hit the goalpost from that range. He's no Cassel.

Originally Posted by PGM:
Not out of the cat, but Dex looks better throwing the ball than Cassel :-)

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:50 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by KcChiefsKing:
Dallas runs it. Jets run it. Chargers run it. Vikings run it. Philly does too...
Posted via Mobile Device
key words "much time"
[Reply]
Stinger 01:52 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Anything that takes touches away from Cassel works for me.
Thought the same thing until I saw LJ line up in the wildcat last season. :-)
[Reply]
the Talking Can 01:53 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by KcChiefsKing:
Posted via Mobile Device
how much?

Miami "runs it"...which means it is integral to their offense.....other teams 'run it' to the extent it is a gadget in their offensive playbook....

teams with real QB's aren't wasting much time with it
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up