ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
The Lounge>How do you feel about a K.C. Wildcat offense?
cardken 11:50 AM 08-04-2010
The Wildcat in K.C.
August, 3, 2010
ESPNBLog

By Bill Williamson
The Kansas City Chiefs wasted no time in tinkering with the Wildcat formation Saturday. New offensive coordinator Charlie Weis dedicated an entire period to the formation.

Our sound-off question to Kansas City fans is does that notion excite you? Do you think the Wildcat (perhaps the WildChief) would work in Kansas City? Or do you think the Wildcat is passé and Kansas City should just keep its offense traditional.

With Jamaal Charles, Thomas Jones and rookie receiver Dexter McCluster all Wildcat candidates, it could be an interesting wrinkle in Weis’ playbook. Hit my mailbag with your thoughts on how you think it would affect Kansas City’s offense. I will post some of your responses later in the week.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:07 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Well, we wouldn't run the WC the entire game, I'd imagine. Second thing to consider, is that we should have a very easy time running the ball this season based on our competition, so why not mix up the rushing attack to throw Defenses off?

Let's say TJ fakes a hand off to JC, and then pitches out to Dex around the side.... Before the snap, the Defense is looking at three viable rushing options. Maybe TJ plunges forward? Maybe he hands to JC or Dex up the gut with the other throwing a block as a mini fullback? Maybe one of our waterbugs shoots out to either side? Maybe they dump it for a five yard Tebow toss to Moeaki?

Possibilities are endless, and I say why not mix it up?
While we're at it, let's make sure to tell Bowe to "go deep" and tell Chambers to "run an out route to the 3rd mailbox" and Dexter can hit one of them after a triple reverse.

Sandlot football, FTW.
[Reply]
Pasta Giant Meatball 12:08 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I'm just waiting for some team to have 500+ yards one game running the Wing T just to watch the rest of the league trip over themselves trying to get the same results by running their version of it.
Herm would be proud.
[Reply]
38yrsfan 12:09 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by cardken:
The Wildcat in K.C.
August, 3, 2010
ESPNBLog

By Bill Williamson
The Kansas City Chiefs wasted no time in tinkering with the Wildcat formation Saturday. New offensive coordinator Charlie Weis dedicated an entire period to the formation.

Our sound-off question to Kansas City fans is does that notion excite you? Do you think the Wildcat (perhaps the WildChief) would work in Kansas City? Or do you think the Wildcat is passé and Kansas City should just keep its offense traditional.

With Jamaal Charles, Thomas Jones and rookie receiver Dexter McCluster all Wildcat candidates, it could be an interesting wrinkle in Weis’ playbook. Hit my mailbag with your thoughts on how you think it would affect Kansas City’s offense. I will post some of your responses later in the week.

I'm ready for anything as long as they start winning - flag football, Div I, whatever .....
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:09 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I'm just waiting for some team to have 500+ yards one game running the Wing T just to watch the rest of the league trip over themselves trying to get the same results by running their version of it.
That's the thing. The "rest of the league" doesn't follow suit.

Just the shitty teams that lack the talent (QB)to run a traditional offense.

You sure as shit don't see the Colts, Packers, Saints, etc running the fucking Wildcat.
[Reply]
Pasta Giant Meatball 12:11 PM 08-04-2010
I just don't see Haley and Wies being that into this kind of offense. I read a quote where they ran it moreso for the D to work on defending as much as anything else.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:11 PM 08-04-2010
Anything that takes touches away from Cassel works for me.
[Reply]
the Talking Can 12:13 PM 08-04-2010
the wildcat is gimmick for team's with young/shitty QBs....i hope we don't use it with any frequency...
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 08-04-2010, 12:13 PM
This message has been deleted by Reerun_KC. Reason: Just not worth it, time for firefox again.
OnTheWarpath15 12:13 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by PGM:
I just don't see Haley and Wies being that into this kind of offense. I read a quote where they ran it moreso for the D to work on defending as much as anything else.
Now that I can get behind, but devoting an entire practice to it? It's not something you'll see very often.

We have bigger fish to fry, IMO.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:15 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
While we're at it, let's make sure to tell Bowe to "go deep" and tell Chambers to "run an out route to the 3rd mailbox" and Dexter can hit one of them after a triple reverse.

Sandlot football, FTW.
You bet your ass, OTW. You bet your sweet, sweet ass.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:18 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Dude you hate this team and franchise more than I could ever imagined... I hated it with a passion when Herm was here. Love it now..

But I would say, you have me beat... I dont even think I hate the Broncos and Raiders as much as you just totally wish evil hate on everything Chiefs football...
Yep, I hate everything, jackhole.

That's why I was defending Brandon Carr to the hilt last week.

That's why I praised Pioli for taking Berry. And getting all of our picks to camp on time. (basically)

That's why I defend Glenn Dorsey because I think he's getting, and has been mis-used.

That's why I defend Bowe and this ridiculous bullshit about his drops.

That's why I'm spending a lot of money to travel to KC for MNF.

I could go on, but you get the point, though you'll be right back at harping on it next week.

The Wildcat is a stupid idea. Period. Doesn't mean I hate the team.

But you know this.
[Reply]
Pasta Giant Meatball 12:18 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Now that I can get behind, but devoting an entire practice to it? It's not something you'll see very often.

We have bigger fish to fry, IMO.
Here's what I read the other day

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article...2-93fcdbf69338

I think it all comes down to the players you have and that’s really kind of the process we’re in and you check out who can do what and if it’s something we want to do, we’ll expand on it,” Haley said. “If we don’t, we’ll still have an advantage of letting our defense see something else.”

“I think we both come from the school of ‘let the throwers throw, the catchers catch and the runners run,” Haley said
[Reply]
38yrsfan 12:19 PM 08-04-2010
I remember the innovations that Stram initiated being called gimmicks. Little things like the moving pocket and the layered, triple-stack defense ....
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:29 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by PGM:
Here's what I read the other day

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article...2-93fcdbf69338

I think it all comes down to the players you have and that’s really kind of the process we’re in and you check out who can do what and if it’s something we want to do, we’ll expand on it,” Haley said. “If we don’t, we’ll still have an advantage of letting our defense see something else.”

“I think we both come from the school of ‘let the throwers throw, the catchers catch and the runners run,” Haley said
Thanks for posting that. I hope he's being honest.
[Reply]
the Talking Can 12:35 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by 38yrsfan:
I remember the innovations that Stram initiated being called gimmicks. Little things like the moving pocket and the layered, triple-stack defense ....
the wildcat - in the nfl - is a gimmick...you run it because you don't have a drop back passer you trust....

you haven't, and won't, see a superbowl quality teaming spending much time on the wildcat...because it takes what should be your best and most important player - your QB - out of the offense....
[Reply]
Fish 12:37 PM 08-04-2010
I hate to see gimmicky shit like this. It's stupid to waste practice time on it. 4-5 Wildcat formation snaps in an entire season I can understand. But don't bother devoting practice time to it. Sheesh.

If we had a QB who could accurately throw, this wouldn't even be talked about...
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up