ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 64 of 332
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114164 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rasslin is YES! YES! YES!
Reaper16 09:58 AM 04-08-2014
Last thread has well over 10,000 replies. Its body is breaking down like The Undertaker's. Seeing as we might have crossed the threshold into a new era in the business, here's a fresh new thread.

[Reply]
penbrook 09:44 AM 08-25-2015
The Dudley Boyz are back full time even going on live events and have signed a multi year deal. They will end there career in WWE and will take there place in the Hall of Fame once there time is up
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:04 AM 08-25-2015
Doubt it. IIRC Dudley and HHH don't exactly see eye to eye. Maybe things got patched over though.
[Reply]
Mav 10:16 AM 08-25-2015
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Doubt it. IIRC Dudley and HHH don't exactly see eye to eye. Maybe things got patched over though.

HHH has learned to put the business before past grudges. If Brock Lesnar hasn't taught us that, then the Ultimate Warrior and Bruno Sanmartino should.

Side note. How awesome was Stephanie breaking character last night for Vince? Seriously? To even admit that she would be getting in trouble was just awesome.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 11:08 AM 08-25-2015
Kevin dunn is a legacy hire because his dad worked for vince dad. I hope to god he is fired soon!
[Reply]
New World Order 11:17 AM 08-25-2015
Originally Posted by Mav:
HHH has learned to put the business before past grudges. If Brock Lesnar hasn't taught us that, then the Ultimate Warrior and Bruno Sanmartino should.

Side note. How awesome was Stephanie breaking character last night for Vince? Seriously? To even admit that she would be getting in trouble was just awesome.

By putting himself over against Sting and putting the final nail in the WCW coffin?

What was the point of that?
[Reply]
New World Order 11:18 AM 08-25-2015
Cant they just bring back all of the Attitude Era/WCW guys and stick them on either Raw or Smackdown? I dont care if they are 50.

Hell, I bet the ratings would be better than what they are now.
[Reply]
Mav 11:52 AM 08-25-2015
Originally Posted by New World Order:
By putting himself over against Sting and putting the final nail in the WCW coffin?

What was the point of that?

The result of that match was inconsequential don't you think? The match in itself was amazing. And I'm not sure HHH put himself over. Doesn't Vince/Kevin Dunn decide who wins those?

I obviously didn't understand the loss for sting, and it was tough. Those are my two favorite wrestlers of all time.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:02 PM 08-25-2015
Never liked the Crow version of Sting. I would love to see him return to some form of the original but Im not sure he can pull that off in his current shape.
[Reply]
Swanman 01:28 PM 08-25-2015
Also, they have learned to go to the Indies, Japan and even TNA to get good talents where they used to only develop their own guys. Many of the top level guys that are over with fans spent a lot of time in the Indies and/or Japan (Ambrose, Rollins, Balor, Owens, Zayn, Samoa Joe, Hideo Itami, Cesaro and before that, CM Punk and Daniel Bryan)
[Reply]
Mav 01:30 PM 08-25-2015
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Never liked the Crow version of Sting. I would love to see him return to some form of the original but Im not sure he can pull that off in his current shape.

No. He's a long way removed from roids to pull that off. I saw sting at the Greensboro coliseum in 1987 vs mike rotunda. It was awesome!
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:44 PM 08-25-2015
No. He's a long way removed from roids to pull that off. I saw sting at the Greensboro coliseum in 1987 vs mike rotunda. It was awesome!
Back in his day, there were few better or more fun to watch than the Stinger... he and Flair had some great battles, it was fitting they fought in the final WCW match.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:47 PM 08-25-2015
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Cant they just bring back all of the Attitude Era/WCW guys and stick them on either Raw or Smackdown? I dont care if they are 50.

Hell, I bet the ratings would be better than what they are now.
I haven't watched wrestling in years... but, when I have taken a view here and there, it seems everything is too focused on the next PPV. I think that focus (along with the move away from the attitude era, which did get a bit over the top) has killed the business really.

Who are the wrestlers today that really matter? I mean honestly... guys like Lesnar, how can anyone really care much about that guy. Orton had potential, Cena sucks. There's a reason why the old guys bring back such emotion when they show up. Who is this era's Hot Rod? They are so void of genuine personality and rivalries now.
[Reply]
Mav 01:49 PM 08-25-2015
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Back in his day, there were few better or more fun to watch than the Stinger... he and Flair had some great battles, it was fitting they fought in the final WCW match.

Absolutely. There has never been a better heel than Flair either. What a stud.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:51 PM 08-25-2015
Absolutely. There has never been a better heel than Flair either. What a stud.
One of the great qualities of Flair ... his ability to put anybody over.
[Reply]
Mav 01:52 PM 08-25-2015
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I haven't watched wrestling in years... but, when I have taken a view here and there, it seems everything is too focused on the next PPV. I think that focus (along with the move away from the attitude era, which did get a bit over the top) has killed the business really.

Who are the wrestlers today that really matter? I mean honestly... guys like Lesnar, how can anyone really care much about that guy. Orton had potential, Cena sucks. There's a reason why the old guys bring back such emotion when they show up. Who is this era's Hot Rod? They are so void of genuine personality and rivalries now.

Are we talking heel or face hot rod? Face hot rod for sure is Ambrose. My biggest gripe is they don't build true rivalries any more. They build a mini feud then it's gone. I like where they are going with the Wyatt Family and shield.
[Reply]
Page 64 of 332
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114164 > Last »
Up