ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 539 of 3903
« First < 39439489529535536537538539 54054154254354958963910391539 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 04:41 PM 03-20-2020
Another possibly dumb question. We're requiring no more than 10 people gather together right? Why are we allowing tons and tons of people into grocery stores?
[Reply]
Monticore 04:41 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I agree and I think to a point we are going to have to assume a certain amount of cases "might" have it but we aren't going to necessarily test it unless there is a cause such as underlying medical conditions, etc.

Why 90% negative? That's a good question. All I can give you is we have seen one of the worst seasons for influenza in almost ever. I mean to the point that we were told at work that even if you did not work in a patient facing facility you had to wear a mask if you did not get the flu shot. Treatment for pneumonia has been very high this year as well.

So perhaps people just have the flu but symptoms are enough to require testing for Covid?
I saw somewhere, sorry no link , there was 10% false negative, there were testing people 2-3 times it might have been korea . Not sure how much that would affect the numbers.

Testing might have improved since then.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 04:42 PM 03-20-2020
So is there any positive news today....?
[Reply]
candyman 04:43 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
This might be a dumb question, but can we just borrow some ventilators from somewhere in the world that doesn't need them right now?
"Hey Russia, mind if we borrow your ventilators since you dont need them right now? If it gets bad there we promise we'll send them back"
[Reply]
Stanley Nickels 04:43 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Why 90% negative? That's a good question. All I can give you is we have seen one of the worst seasons for influenza in almost ever. I mean to the point that we were told at work that even if you did not work in a patient facing facility you had to wear a mask if you did not get the flu shot. Treatment for pneumonia has been very high this year as well.

So perhaps people just have the flu but symptoms are enough to require testing for Covid?
Great points. Doesn't help that there is no clear constellation of symptoms for coronavirus. The only two symptoms reported in more than one-half of patients are flu and cough. https://i2.wp.com/www.mercurynews.co...2C9999px&ssl=1
[Reply]
petegz28 04:43 PM 03-20-2020
Another possibly dumb question. We're requiring no more than 10 people gather together right? Why are we allowing tons and tons of people into grocery stores?
Practicality to a point. I just left Costco and I got lucky. I walked right in, even got a package of TP. Line is very long because they can only have so manu cashiers but it moved fast.

When I left I saw a herd of people being held at the entrance. They were not being allowed in until some people left.
[Reply]
Stanley Nickels 04:43 PM 03-20-2020
...Because people have to eat?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:46 PM 03-20-2020
This might be a dumb question, but can we just borrow some ventilators from somewhere in the world that doesn't need them right now?
they said that all together ventilator manufactures have a backlog of 100K ventilator orders. Every country in the world didn’t have enough ventilators in reserve. Wasn’t just us.

So although it wasn’t asked or talked about on the call, it’s a good assumption that no country has extra ventilators right now.
[Reply]
TLO 04:46 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels:
Great points. Doesn't help that there is no clear constellation of symptoms for coronavirus. The only two symptoms reported in more than one-half of patients are flu and cough. https://i2.wp.com/www.mercurynews.co...2C9999px&ssl=1
Flu and cough?
[Reply]
Demonpenz 04:47 PM 03-20-2020
Most of america is obese. they don't need to eat.
[Reply]
TLO 04:50 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by candyman:
"Hey Russia, mind if we borrow your ventilators since you dont need them right now? If it gets bad there we promise we'll send them back"
:-) Russia has like zero cases. North Korea too. Maybe they'll let us borrow some?

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels:
...Because people have to eat?
Sure they do. They can go inside 10 at a time. Or better yet, grocery stores can find a way to go to an all online ordering pickup /delivery option.

I'm sure this is nowhere near feasible
[Reply]
DaFace 04:50 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
Testing is up, which means that cases are up, but that also suggests that death rates will be lower if we can keep from overloading hospitals.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:51 PM 03-20-2020
There's no such thing as a dumb question.

But There's always dumb people asking questions.

:-)

Sorry ,couldn't help myself!
[Reply]
BleedingRed 04:51 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
they said that all together ventilator manufactures have a backlog of 100K ventilator orders. Every country in the world didn’t have enough ventilators in reserve. Wasn’t just us.

So although it wasn’t asked or talked about on the call, it’s a good assumption that no country has extra ventilators right now.
Infact we have more on hand now that any other country.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:53 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
Yep. I'm not sick!
[Reply]
Page 539 of 3903
« First < 39439489529535536537538539 54054154254354958963910391539 > Last »
Up