ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2541 of 3903
« First < 1541204124412491253125372538253925402541 254225432544254525512591264130413541 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
tyecopeland 12:02 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
So that's saying that Florida had 89 deaths since between early April and late June??
No it's just showing when those 120 deaths occurred. Not showing any of the previously reported deaths.

Of course I dont know the veracity of the claim but my reading comprehension is good. Don't be obtuse now, you usually do a good job.
[Reply]
O.city 12:02 PM 07-09-2020
So that's saying that Florida had 89 deaths since between early April and late June??
It's saying of the 120 reported today, 89 of them occurred during that time frame.
[Reply]
Donger 12:08 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's saying of the 120 reported today, 89 of them occurred during that time frame.
Okay good. And how did this person come to this conclusion? He doesn't show his work.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:17 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don't necessarily doubt this, but referring to them as "news" deaths (I assume he means "new") makes you have a bit of skepticism. There's definitely a lot of truth to the reporting lag, though.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:19 PM 07-09-2020
Okay good. And how did this person come to this conclusion? He doesn't show his work.
He provided this link in the replies. I haven't dug into it to try and replicate.

https://open-fdoh.hub.arcgis.com/dat...bute=EventDate
[Reply]
Donger 12:26 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
He provided this link in the replies. I haven't dug into it to try and replicate.

https://open-fdoh.hub.arcgis.com/dat...bute=EventDate
Yes, I found it. I don't see when deaths occurred and were reported. Kind of a strange website.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 12:26 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by ghak99:
It has been interesting to watch.

I know a few who are living higher right now than they ever have in their life. They're sitting at home making more money than they did working their normal 25-30 hours while picking up school program provided lunches and a weekly USDA food box. If you get someone to sign a paper, you can pick up other people's boxes as well. I've seen what is in these school lunches and boxes and it definitely adds up fast. Two of them are also taking advantage of a church sponsored program for evening meals. They're also still getting their regular child support checks. They've flat out said there's no way in hell they're going back to work until they're absolutely forced to.

I also know several "essential" employees who never recieved a day off through the mess while working for less than they could have made if they had just managed to get fired. If anything, their jobs got harder than they were, and all for the same pay.

There is a serious divide that's been driven and some people are going to remember this deal for a long time.
Articulated what I apparently couldn't. The Government would do well to address those essential workers with some form of incentive/compensation.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:28 PM 07-09-2020
Yes, I found it. I don't see when deaths occurred and were reported. Kind of a strange website.
I'm guessing that you have to download the raw dataset. But I'm not entirely clear what the various dates listed mean either.
[Reply]
TLO 12:38 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
yep being saying that multiple times, deaths lag by 4-6 weeks. We won't know until August in regards to the current spike in cases.
And apparently the reporting of deaths lags even longer than that in some cases? What about case counts? How delayed are they?

There's so much "information" and "misinformation" floating around it seems impossible to know what's truly happening.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:49 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'm guessing that you have to download the raw dataset. But I'm not entirely clear what the various dates listed mean either.
That site is not very clear about the datasets. Im not sure how that dude came up with the dates of those deaths. People will just post shit because a vast majority of people won't even look into the actual data and think since he put it into a chart then he must be telling the truth. Same shit that ethical skeptic dipshit did.
[Reply]
Eureka 01:01 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Missouri is making everyone on unemployment do 3 work searches to remain eligible starting this week. It's not going to force people to get a job but it will make it a little harder.
Grab the phone book and fill in the blank. Business name, Address, phone number. DONE.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 01:19 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Eureka:
Grab the phone book and fill in the blank. Business name, Address, phone number. DONE.
I dont know how it works, didnt have to worry about it as I started back to work this week with summer school starting.

Didnt know if it was as easy as just listing businesses or if there was more to it.
[Reply]
TLO 01:38 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
That site is not very clear about the datasets. Im not sure how that dude came up with the dates of those deaths. People will just post shit because a vast majority of people won't even look into the actual data and think since he put it into a chart then he must be telling the truth. Same shit that ethical skeptic dipshit did.
It's almost like you can manipulate data to substantiate all kinds of different claims if you frame it the right way.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 01:47 PM 07-09-2020
I’m a Distribution Manager for a fairly large company. Our business has exploded since everything started opening back up. I need probably 15 to 20 new hires... and it’s a disaster.

I get tons of applicants. I’ve set up 43 actual interviews within the last four weeks. SEVEN people have shown up. I’m talking SEVEN of the 43 that scheduled interviews have walked through the door.

You always have a handful of no-shows, but I’ve never seen anything like this.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:52 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
And apparently the reporting of deaths lags even longer than that in some cases? What about case counts? How delayed are they?

There's so much "information" and "misinformation" floating around it seems impossible to know what's truly happening.

From a real epidemiologist.

[Reply]
Page 2541 of 3903
« First < 1541204124412491253125372538253925402541 254225432544254525512591264130413541 > Last »
Up