ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2140 of 3903
« First < 1140164020402090213021362137213821392140 214121422143214421502190224026403140 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mecca 12:32 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
The internet has made it so that it's difficult to distinguish between an expert opinion and the opinion of someone who is just making shit up.
Pretty much, and we also now live in a time where critical thinking isn't exactly at a premium. So we have people that just find a view that makes them feel good or tells them that they're right and everyone else is wrong and they go with that.

There's a ton of that on both sides, everyone has to shield themselves, there's no honest come to terms with..well my view on this was stupid, or wow this is gonna suck.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:32 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
But if that person working face-to-face with customers all day was positive and asymptomatic, that mask they are wearing could actually PROTECT YOU as the customer. Since we don’t know who’s asymptomatic, masks are needed! Catch on Pete!
Again if you read the article you would see that's most likely not the case. But keep saying dumb shit. You're on a roll.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Mecca 12:33 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Again if you read the article you would see that's most likely not the case. But keep saying dumb shit. You're on a roll.

Is it really that big of a deal to wear a fucking mask when you leave the house?
[Reply]
petegz28 12:34 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Pretty much, and we also now live in a time where critical thinking isn't exactly at a premium. So we have people that just find a view that makes them feel good or tells them that they're right and everyone else is wrong and they go with that.

There's a ton of that on both sides, everyone has to shield themselves, there's no honest come to terms with..well my view on this was stupid, or wow this is gonna suck.
By critical thinking do you mean going off about a picture in a posted article and not actually reading the article before you start commenting?

[Reply]
DaFace 12:34 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
IF the mask is properly worn and fitted I agree. After my visit to the grocery store yesterday I would venture to guess that the majority are literally paper napkin material held on by rubber bands around the ears....no bueno. Those golf balls just turned into marbles or pea gravel
The "paper napkin material" is actually a lot better than a cloth mask. Seems counterintuitive, but it's a much finer material.

And again, it's mostly about keeping everyone's particles out of the air - not about preventing you from breathing in the particles that are already in the air.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:35 PM 05-21-2020
Is it really that big of a deal to wear a fucking mask when you leave the house?
None of your fucking business. You want to wear one then wear one.

[Reply]
Donger 12:36 PM 05-21-2020
None of your ****ing business. You want to wear one then wear one.

How incredibly selfish.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:36 PM 05-21-2020

Common courtesy is high in this post. Like if I told you not to walk on my carpet with your shoes, would you?
[Reply]
DaFace 12:36 PM 05-21-2020

Will you indulge me with my hypothetical scenario?

If I put you and your family in a room with a group of people who have tested positive, would you choose to have everyone wear a mask or no one?
[Reply]
lewdog 12:36 PM 05-21-2020

Holy shit, you’ve found the holy bible of articles. Can’t believe how it’s 100% accurate!
[Reply]
Lzen 12:37 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I think we should have a fun experiment where we put people who are against masks in a room with people who 100% confirmed to be infected. You don't know who is who or what percentage is infected.

You can stay six feet away from people, but no more. You have a choice - everyone in the room wears a mask (including you) or no one wears a mask.

I would be fascinated to see what percentage would choose for no one to have to wear a mask.
I have no problem with wearing the mask. I was against it at first but the info I've learned in here has me thinking it helps, at least a little if nothing else.

But with your hypothetical, I think there would be a good chance that people would still get infected even if everyone chose the option to make everyone (including themselves) wear masks.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:38 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Holy shit, you’ve found the holy bible of articles. Can’t believe how it’s 100% accurate!
Well since you didn't even read it I dint know why you think you are someone to say it isn't? Even if you did you aren't so.....

[Reply]
Lzen 12:39 PM 05-21-2020
It's taught me that there are a lot of people who just frankly really stupid. No amount of education can help them, they find any shred of anything that makes them feel better and they run with that. If anyone says anything that disagrees with it even a expert, then the expert is a fraud etc etc.

It's really kinda sad what society has become in so many ways.
You are right but it doesn't go just one way. Perhaps we should all look in the mirror.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:40 PM 05-21-2020
I'm going to ask a question here..

What makes someone anti-mask? Is it literally that being inconvenienced for a small period of time is more important then spewing germs on other people while we sit in a pandemic?

Is there a reason other than this?
[Reply]
Donger 12:40 PM 05-21-2020
I wonder how many anti-maskers also don't wear seat belts.
[Reply]
Page 2140 of 3903
« First < 1140164020402090213021362137213821392140 214121422143214421502190224026403140 > Last »
Up