ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2045 of 3903
« First < 1045154519451995203520412042204320442045 204620472048204920552095214525453045 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:22 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
How long before places shut down again? I'll say 6 weeks.
They won't be shut down by the government. There is no turning back.
[Reply]
007 08:23 PM 05-13-2020
Are we all dead yet?
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:29 PM 05-13-2020
Don't understand why anyone would predict things closing down again until the fall/winter... KC is at like 10-20% restaurant capacity and many have chosen not to open yet. I know of at least a few states that have complicated phases and stuff towards reopening. Florida's had summer weather for a few weeks now, so has Arizona.

Going to a restaurant with 10 other people in the building isn't much different than walking around Costco. :-)

Not to say being careful is unwarranted, but it'll happen so gradually, I'd be surprised if anything crazy happened, beyond something like a huge indoor concert being scheduled in a city that reopened the day before.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:36 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by phisherman:
I would assume that KC/Jackson County are on said list because a large number of folks that tested positive at the Triumph meat packing plant reside in KC or Jackson County. That's quite a big jump in local numbers solely from that plant.
Triumph, Lanaing prison, and it's been getting pretty nasty at some retirement homes.
[Reply]
Gumption 08:39 PM 05-13-2020
Though you think you can get through this virus easily if you contracted it, think of the people who will get infected because of you that are at a higher risk, and the worst at that they will infect others too, this is exponential. Know that you can infect others without knowing you already have the virus or what they call asymptomatic. So everyone should just stay at home and save lives.
[Reply]
TLO 08:43 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by Gumption:
Though you think you can get through this virus easily if you contracted it, think of the people who will get infected because of you that are at a higher risk, and the worst at that they will infect others too, this is exponential. Know that you can infect others without knowing you already have the virus or what they call asymptomatic. So everyone should just stay at home and save lives.
Bleep bloop. I am Error.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:47 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I went for a little drive after work tonight. St. Joe appears to be about 95% back to normal. Packed parking lots and shitty traffic. The construction they're doing on the Belt doesn't help with the traffic issue much.
That's what I'm seeing also. If it wasn't for some people wearing mask nothing would seem out of the ordinary.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:47 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Don't understand why anyone would predict things closing down again until the fall/winter... KC is at like 10-20% restaurant capacity and many have chosen not to open yet. I know of at least a few states that have complicated phases and stuff towards reopening. Florida's had summer weather for a few weeks now, so has Arizona.

Going to a restaurant with 10 other people in the building isn't much different than walking around Costco. :-)

Not to say being careful is unwarranted, but it'll happen so gradually, I'd be surprised if anything crazy happened, beyond something like a huge indoor concert being scheduled in a city that reopened the day before.
But if you aren’t predicting worst case scenarios you’re not doing this right!
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:55 PM 05-13-2020
And now Children’s Mercy has a child with inflammatory disease

https://twitter.com/41actionnews/sta...890106881?s=21

Oh this isn’t the first they have treated. They have done a few now
[Reply]
wazu 08:59 PM 05-13-2020
What do you do for a living that allows you to stay home indefinitely?
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:00 PM 05-13-2020
Kids aren't going back to school in the fall
[Reply]
petegz28 09:05 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:

That's sad. But here is my problem with the media...

Headline: Kansas City doctors treat 'uncommon' child illness linked to COVID-19

First paragraph: KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Doctors at Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City are treating a patient diagnosed with a rare inflammatory syndrome, possibly connected to the coronavirus.

Few paragraphs later: Doctors believe the illness might be connected to COVID-19 because many of the children who have become sick have either tested positive for the coronavirus or have had positive antibody tests, suggesting they might have been infected earlier.

The headline is linked but everywhere in the story says possibly or might.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:07 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:

Just curious timing for KC to reopen given everything going on. Could have delayed it 2 more weeks and see how it plays out what's the harm? Even Dr Archer said May 15th wasnt a good time.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:07 PM 05-13-2020
How many times have you been out in all of this???
[Reply]
petegz28 09:08 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Just curious timing for KC to reopen given everything going on. Could have delayed it 2 more weeks and see how it plays out what's the harm? Even Dr Archer said May 15th wasnt a good time.
:-) we re-opened partially 2 days ago and you are blaming that on this???

JFC just :-)
[Reply]
Page 2045 of 3903
« First < 1045154519451995203520412042204320442045 204620472048204920552095214525453045 > Last »
Up