ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2030 of 3903
« First < 1030153019301980202020262027202820292030 203120322033203420402080213025303030 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 11:10 AM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
What about the experts that don't necessarily agree with him?
Again, it's an odds game. The vast majority of experts DO agree with him (and this includes economists). So I suppose the question is why you are more likely to trust the dissenters than the majority.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:12 AM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Again, it's an odds game. The vast majority of experts DO agree with him (and this includes economists). So I suppose the question is why you are more likely to trust the dissenters than the majority.

[Reply]
petegz28 11:12 AM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Then explain to us why people shouldn't trust Dr. Fauci.
Because he hasn't always been right. I never said don't listen to him. I said we should listen to others as well. You say his word isn't gospel yet you are doing just what I am talking about which is arguing with anyone who says his word isn't gospel.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:15 AM 05-13-2020
Where did I ever say I didn't? That's twice now you've put words in my mouth and it is something you have consistently done in the past when you don't agree with me.

But you see what you did? You took the argument from solely him to "well others agree with including this guy and that so why don't you trust them?"
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:15 AM 05-13-2020
pete,

I would encourage you to look at how treatment guidelines are established and levels of evidence are weighed. Multiple, large randomized clinical trials and meta-analyses of RCT are given an A-rating, a single RCT or meta-analysis with moderate quality evidence is a B-rating, and observational studies, meta-analyses thereof, or expert opinion a C-rating.

What Fauci is espousing isn't just his opinion--it's the weight of everything we've ever learned about infectious disease, especially highly-contagious infectious disease.

So while it may be easy for you to say that it's just Fauci--it's not just him--he's relaying the global scientific consensus on these matters--lessons we've learned from cholera outbreaks, to the 1918 flu, to AIDS.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:16 AM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
http://www.igmchicago.org/surveys/po...vid-19-crisis/
[Reply]
Monticore 11:16 AM 05-13-2020
What about the experts that don't necessarily agree with him?
That is where the consensus aspect that Daface mentioned kicks in.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:17 AM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Here's the study of economists:

http://www.igmchicago.org/surveys/po...vid-19-crisis/

I don't think saying public health officials agree with Fauci is going out on a limb, but feel free to Google for that one. You won't find many dissenters there.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:17 AM 05-13-2020
Because he hasn't always been right. I never said don't listen to him. I said we should listen to others as well. You say his word isn't gospel yet you are doing just what I am talking about which is arguing with anyone who says his word isn't gospel.
You mean you have never been wrong hence untrustworthy? I am not even sure at what point he was wrong either.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:19 AM 05-13-2020
Where did I ever say I didn't? That's twice now you've put words in my mouth and it is something you have consistently done in the past when you don't agree with me.

But you see what you did? You took the argument from solely him to "well others agree with including this guy and that so why don't you trust them?"
The experts who don't agree with him are the minority. You asked, "What about them?" I took that as "Why shouldn't we trust them?" I explained that. If that wasn't the intent of your question, you'll have to rephrase so I understand.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:19 AM 05-13-2020
Watch this

Updated proofs of our paper published in Travel Medicine and Infectious Disease : "Early treatment of COVID-19 patients with hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin: A retrospective analysis of 1061 cases in Marseille, France."https://t.co/Rmfqolt1uH pic.twitter.com/o7qIjNw2zd

— Didier Raoult (@raoult_didier) May 13, 2020

Link

"Those receiving the triple-drug combination had a 1.5 times greater likelihood of recovering enough to be discharged, and were 44 percent less likely to die, compared to the double-drug combination."
Now are you guys going to immediately deny or read it? Science is always changing right?
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:20 AM 05-13-2020
I remember the first few weeks of this when everyone loved Fauci after he said not to be alarmed. After about two weeks or so conservatives flipped on him when he started suggesting things that they didn't like.

Then he became the scapegoat for Trump's decision making. Next thing you know he's public enemy #1, a Deep State stooge who's part of this globalist cabal and can't be trusted. All of a sudden he's a profiteer taking advantage of an epidemic he manifested so he can make millions.

It's always amusing to watch these sorts of things mutate.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:20 AM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
That is where the consensus aspect that Daface mentioned kicks in.
Which is complete irrelevant to what I was saying. You both and moved things around. You implied all experts agree with him. Now you moved to consensus. Whatever, I am not here to debate this. I am just stating I will not base all of my decisions just from what Fauci has to say. And I would actively invite a discussion that counters his opinion so we are hearing all sides. Some people just don't want to hear any questioning or open discussion. They just want confirmation of their own position.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:21 AM 05-13-2020
The experts who don't agree with him are the minority. You asked, "What about them?" I took that as "Why shouldn't we trust them?" I explained that. If that wasn't the intent of your question, you'll have to rephrase so I understand.
I asked what about them because his statement implied all experts agreed with him. You took it for something I did not say.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:21 AM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I remember the first few weeks of this when everyone loved Fauci after he said not to be alarmed. After about two weeks or so conservatives flipped on him when he started suggesting things that they didn't like.

Then he became the scapegoat for Trump's decision making. Next thing you know he's public enemy #1, a Deep State stooge who's part of this globalist cabal and can't be trusted. All of a sudden he's a profiteer taking advantage of an epidemic he made up to so he can make millions.

It's always amusing to watch these sorts of things mutate.
I think I'd go with "alarming" rather than "amusing," personally.
[Reply]
Page 2030 of 3903
« First < 1030153019301980202020262027202820292030 203120322033203420402080213025303030 > Last »
Up