ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1543 of 3903
« First < 543104314431493153315391540154115421543 154415451546154715531593164320432543 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
mr. tegu 03:23 PM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
I’ll be back at the gym as soon as they open. The people that go to gyms are generally pretty good at spraying off the equipment when they get done, and I’m guessing they’ll be even more vigilant about it now.

Nobody sprays free weights or weight bars. Going to have to require people to bring disposable gloves or something.
[Reply]
TLO 03:33 PM 04-20-2020
Final MO DHSS numbers for today

Cases in Missouri: 5,807

Total Deaths: 177

Patients tested in Missouri (by all labs): approximately 56,986

So, like a 1000 tests since yesterday?
[Reply]
O.city 03:34 PM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Untranslated Source
That’s a good development
[Reply]
Nirvana58 03:49 PM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
They are hiring 30K extra workers.

http://blog.pizzahut.com/pizza-hut-e...rbside-pickup/

https://www.impactbnd.com/blog/not-a...uring-covid-19
Can't speak for all Franchises but I do work for about 300 stores around the US. They were down 30% since all this Covid stuff started. However, since the stimulus check came out last week they are up 15%. Hopefully, that continues and isn't just a temporary jump.

Pizza Hut's in Rural areas that depend on school and dine in are by far the hardest hit. Also you can't trust a word that comes out of YUM brands mouth. I am guessing a lot of that is spin service to promote contactless delivery.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:10 PM 04-20-2020
Yikes. That sounds horrible.

Broadway star Nick Cordero's wife on his coronavirus leg amputation: 'It was life or leg'

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...c45gzBTy1dHlPo

The wife of Broadway star Nick Cordero has opened up about the surgery to have his right leg amputated two days ago as he remains in a medically induced coma battling coronavirus.

"It came down to a point where honestly it was life or leg, and we had to choose life,'' Amanda Kloots said on the "TODAY" show Monday. "I choose life."

Cordero, 41, had his leg amputated on Saturday at Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles after he struggled with blood clots while on a ventilator and an ECMO machine, which helps oxygenate the blood.

"They put the ECMO machine in him to save his life," Kloots said. "It was literally to save his life, and it did, thank God. And sometimes the repercussion of putting that machine on can cause some blood issues, and it did with his leg."

The Tony Award nominee had been starring in a production of the stage musical "Rock of Ages" in Hollywood over the winter. He ended up in the emergency room on March 30 after being diagnosed with COVID-19, and two days later he was put in a medically induced coma.

Kloots said on her Instagram story Saturday night that his surgery was successful.

"I just got a call from the surgeon. He made it through the surgery, which is really big because obviously his body is pretty weak," she said. "They’re taking him ... to recover and rest for the rest of night. So hopefully he’ll just relax and rest. But, good news."

Kloots has been at home taking care of their 10-month-old son, Elvis, while recording videos that she sends to Cordero's phone to be there for when he wakes up.

She also has been encouraging her Instagram followers to sing and dance to Cordero's songs using the hashtag #wakeupnick.

"It is honestly how I'm getting through this,'' she said. "People I don't even know all over the world are joining me every day at 3 p.m. to sing his song so he can hear us."

Kloots also posted an emotional tribute on Instagram Sunday of a video of the couple dancing on their wedding night, writing that she and her husband "WILL dance again!"

Kloots is looking forward to that day when they can be together again.

"Yes, I told him the other day because I just talked to him, I said, 'You're lucky you're married to a fitness instructor because I will get you walking,''' she said.
[Reply]
Bugeater 04:18 PM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
What industries are profiting? Gaming cause its up?
Omaha Steaks is absolutely killing it right now for one example.
[Reply]
TLO 04:32 PM 04-20-2020
For you St Joe peeps a couple Triumph workers were diagnosed. It's probably spreading like wildfire in there.
[Reply]
Bugeater 04:39 PM 04-20-2020
What's Triumph?
[Reply]
Bugeater 04:40 PM 04-20-2020
I assume you're not talking about this:

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:47 PM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
One potential problem with these assumptions is that the New York City area is disproportionately affecting the entire state and your numbers. Stats show that 62.5% of New York’s population (the downstate area) accounts for 91.7% of deaths in the state. NYC is so different than the rest of the state that you everything is elevated beyond a reasonable extrapolation to the rest of state and country as a whole.

Using New York’s site here: https://covid19tracker.health.ny.gov...r=no&%3Atabs=n

You can find stats for just the lower portion, high populated area of the state, they call it downstate. I couldn’t get a picture of it here.

This small part of the state has 13165 deaths and 228908 positives. A population of about 12.5 million (62.5% population) Going by your 47% (not sure where that came from) that’s a potential of about 6 million so a fatality rate of about 0.21. So not much different than your estimate for the whole state.

But filtering them out the rest of the state has 1182 deaths, 247512 positives (huge rate difference), and about 7.5 million (37.5% population) people so a potential at 47% of 3.5 million, a fatality rate of about 0.03.

Just averaging these out, you get about a 0.12 fatality rate which I think is a much better estimate for the state as a whole even though it’s still weighted a bit towards the downstate area stats.

The positive rates are also way lower everywhere else in the state, including some of the bigger cities. They are more in line with the 15-20% rate.

So you can sort of play with those numbers in the rest of your calculations and they change a lot, but at the very least, even if we ignore all of the estimates, based on these numbers we can assume as close to factual, 62.5% of New York’s population accounts for 91.7% of deaths in the state. I just don’t think you can ignore such small geographically dense numbers and try to extrapolate them to the state, then use those in nationwide numbers.
I used the entire state population and gave the entire state a NYC-esque infection rate, with a statewide death rate which would depress the CFR.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:12 PM 04-20-2020
And the deaths keep on piling up. And people think only 50k will die from this.

So far today 27k more cases today. Next closest country is at 4.5k.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 05:18 PM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
For you St Joe peeps a couple Triumph workers were diagnosed. It's probably spreading like wildfire in there.
I know the people
[Reply]
R Clark 05:22 PM 04-20-2020
What is triumph? Only thing I know of in st joe is dog food plants
[Reply]
O.city 05:25 PM 04-20-2020
60k deaths seems like a pipe dream at this point
[Reply]
dirk digler 05:26 PM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
60k deaths seems like a pipe dream at this point

I was about to come here and ask that. I am thinking 100K at this point..jfc
[Reply]
Page 1543 of 3903
« First < 543104314431493153315391540154115421543 154415451546154715531593164320432543 > Last »
Up