ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Any Puscifer fans here?
MTG#10 05:40 PM 10-06-2020
I know there's several Tool and A Perfect Circle fans here, anyone else into Maynard's third band? It took me a while to get into them but I like them just as much as APC and just a little less than Tool. Anyway, their newest single from their upcoming album is groovy as hell, love the 80's throwback sound.

The first single is pretty damn good too but the video is kind of lame.

Discuss.
[Reply]
hometeam 06:38 PM 10-06-2020
Puscifer has been around for a long time too, and some of the older stuff is OK< but its not on the same level as TOOL or APC.. its a thousand levels below.
[Reply]
MTG#10 07:03 PM 10-06-2020
I remember when they came out, and I agreed with you until a few years ago. I was getting burned out on all of my favorite music and basically forced myself to listen to all of their real albums (non-remix) and they really grew on me quick. I'm a huge NIN fan and industrial music in general though so it wasn't hard. I really like how he mixes up genres with every album.
[Reply]
SuperChief 08:17 AM 10-07-2020
It took me awhile to "get" Puscifer, but I really like them now. Some of my faves:

[Reply]
MTG#10 05:19 PM 10-07-2020
The Arsonist is one of my favorite songs. This is another one.

[Reply]
MTG#10 05:21 PM 10-07-2020
Also

[Reply]
Third Eye 08:02 AM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Also

The live version of this from “C is for...” is absolutely incredible.
[Reply]
penguinz 03:23 PM 10-09-2020
Puscifer is a severely underrated band.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:26 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by :
As COVID-19 numbers continue to grow, it shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise that some pretty well-known public figures likely had contracted the virus. You can add Tool/A Perfect Circle/Puscifer frontman Maynard James Keenan to that unfortunate list.

In an interview with AZ Central, Keenan told the paper that he had contracted COVID-19 in February and that the virus was just as bad as you’d expect.

“It was ugly,” the singer admitted, “I survived it, but it wasn’t pretty.”

Even though time has passed, Keenan said that he continues to deal with the side effects of the virus, including constant coughing.

“I still have the cough. Every other day, I have these coughing fits because my lungs are still damaged at the tips. And I just got over the inflammation that was going on with my wrist and hands. I had an autoimmune attack on my system in the form of, like, a rheumatoid arthritis. Basically, from what I understand, it attacks weird spots and it’s random. So that’s what I got. That was my prize,” he said.

Keenan continued: “I kind of didn’t want to run around screaming it. But it’s real. And there’s after-effects. I had to go through some major medications to undo the residual effects. Still coughing. There’s still lung damage.”

Earlier this year, a fan at a Tool concert in New Zealand had COVID-19 and exposed the audience to it. Tool obviously moved their tour dates earlier this year in response to the pandemic. Keenan’s side project Puscifer has a new album, Existential Reckoning, that’s out on Oct. 30.
Interesting. He lives in a creepy old mining town here in AZ. It really does fit his personality well.

https://www.spin.com/2020/10/maynard...-had-covid-19/
[Reply]
MTG#10 09:59 PM 10-09-2020
He makes Jerome sound so interesting in interviews I've heard.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:52 AM 10-10-2020
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
He makes Jerome sound so interesting in interviews I've heard.
It’s super unique and creepy. Worth the visit if you’re in the state.
[Reply]
MTG#10 08:05 AM 10-10-2020
I want to hike the canyon next spring, never had a chance to and I'll definitely stop to check out Jerome and his vinyard.
[Reply]
Up