ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 14
< 12 345612 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Alpha WR's
Mecca 12:33 PM 02-27-2024
I like how he has Nabers in the list when there are people that think some teams have Nabers ahead of Harrison.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:35 PM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I like how he has Nabers in the list when there are people that think some teams have Nabers ahead of Harrison.
Nabers will be gone early.

But he's an Alpha so had to give him a shout out in the Alphas thread.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:36 PM 02-27-2024
I don't think Mitchell is half as good of a prospect as you make him out to be. We'll see how far under 4.6 he runs because I don't think it'll be by much. He also just doesn't have the physical presence to make up for it. Worthy is a far better prospect IMO and was easily the better of the two on that team, which let Mitchell get a lot of coverage rolled away from him.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:38 PM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I don't think Mitchell is half as good of a prospect as you make him out to be. We'll see how far under 4.6 he runs because I don't think it'll be by much. He also just doesn't have the physical presence to make up for it. Worthy is a far better prospect IMO and was easily the better of the two on that team, which let Mitchell get a lot of coverage rolled away from him.
Worthy is the Paris Campbell and Adonai is the Terry McLaurin on Texas.

I have already done this years ago where people said I was crazy to have Mclaurin ahead of the incredible tiny slot Parris.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:41 PM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

I have already done this years ago where people said I was crazy to have Mclaurin ahead of the incredible tiny slot Parris.
McLaurin was a good prospect that ran fast as fuck himself. That is not what you have here in Mitchell. I'd be happy with Mitchell at the bottom of 2. He's not worth discussing for me in round 1.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:43 PM 02-27-2024
McLaurin was a good prospect that ran fast as **** himself. That is not what you have here in Mitchell. I'd be happy with Mitchell at the bottom of 2. He's not worth discussing for me in round 1.
McLaurin ignored by the draft talking heads because the volume went through the slot at Ohio State.

I would prefer the better boundary WR who projects better at the NFL level.

That's Adonai who can be a #1 WR.

Worthy isn't a 1 or a 2 for me.
[Reply]
Palangi 01:06 PM 02-27-2024

Wait… Parris was 6’ 205. How is that tiny?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:11 PM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by Palangi:
Wait… Parris was 6’ 205. How is that tiny?
I thought he weighed less coming into the league.

In any case, McLaurin was clearly the better player but every mock talked about Campbell like he was special.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:28 PM 03-01-2024

What the fuck are you talking about?

McLaurin was 6 ft/208
Campbell was 6 ft/205

If you’re trying to make yourself look prone to pulling wild and inaccurate statements out of your ass, you’re doing a great job.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:36 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
What the **** are you talking about?

McLaurin was 6 ft/208
Campbell was 6 ft/205

If you’re trying to make yourself look prone to pulling wild and inaccurate statements out of your ass, you’re doing a great job.
Already addressed this.

The larger point is that Paris was the volume slot and the draft entertainment industry were all excited about Parris and not the better WR prospect on the same team.

That's happening again with Mitchell and Worthy.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 08:14 PM 03-01-2024
Already addressed this.

The larger point is that Paris was the volume slot and the draft entertainment industry were all excited about Parris and not the better WR prospect on the same team.

That's happening again with Mitchell and Worthy.
I am on record, for a very long time, in saying that I want a big receiver.

AD Mitchell is a very good route runner, and he isn't the flashy pick, but he would be super solid with Mahomes.

I encourage people to watch Mitchell's highlights/film from his time with Georgia. He looked much more dynamic. I don't know if it was QB play, or just a different offense, but Mitchell isn't as impressive at Texas as he was at Georgia.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 01:19 PM 02-27-2024
Adonai struggled to get separation in the college game and really never had much YAC.

I think Worthy would be a good fit for what we're missing in the offense and is a threat to take every ball he touches to the house, plus he would be a weapon in the return game for us.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:21 PM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
Adonai struggled to get separation in the college game and really never had much YAC.

I think Worthy would be a good fit for what we're missing in the offense and is a threat to take every ball he touches to the house, plus he would be a weapon in the return game for us.
No, he did not.

Watch him vs Alabama. He scored 2 TD's and they had to grab and hold him from getting more.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 01:23 PM 02-27-2024
No, he did not.

Watch him vs Alabama. He scored 2 TD's and they had to grab and hold him from getting more.
I'm a Longhorns fan and watched every game he played. He struggles to get separation when the play isn't schemed to get him open -- which Sark is a master of in his offense.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:27 PM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
I'm a Longhorns fan and watched every game he played. He struggles to get separation when the play isn't schemed to get him open -- which Sark is a master of in his offense.

:-)

He was playing outside boundary over and over against guys that will be playing corner at the NFL level and showed a hell of a lot more than little Worthy or Franklin as to beating real corners at the next level.

Anyways, this is the Alpha thread. If you want to talk about a tiny slot or a MVS replacement there are other spots for you to promote those guys.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 14
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up