Page 252 of 298
« First < 152202242248249250251252 253254255256262 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:25 AM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Sutton coached the same defense in 2013 that Romeo Crennel fielded in 2012 - it went from 25th to 5th. Irrelevant stats are irrelevant.
Yeah I think Bob had a good defense in KC for a few years. But the D was really dependent on dime. It was a Patriot killer, but also not ideal for Pittsburgh. I get that it's hard to be both things. But flat out, we just aren't the same since overenforcement of pass coverage penalties. I don't blame Bob if he struggled on that adjustment. But it's just a reality that his current defense is not well suited for where the league is going
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:08 AM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Is it hard to learn or closer to impossible to execute? Dropping a DE into coverage on a overly regular basis is a pretty much a stupid "play" because DEs a powerful QB-rushers, not corners or safeties..
Every team in the league uses zone blitz concepts. Every single team.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:09 AM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Yeah I think Bob had a good defense in KC for a few years. But the D was really dependent on dime. It was a Patriot killer, but also not ideal for Pittsburgh. I get that it's hard to be both things. But flat out, we just aren't the same since overenforcement of pass coverage penalties. I don't blame Bob if he struggled on that adjustment. But it's just a reality that his current defense is not well suited for where the league is going
I get that.

It's just the same tired, stupid arguments over and over again. It's hard to take it all seriously when the arguments are so dumb. It's like people don't even watch football.

FIRE SUTTON!!! :-)
[Reply]
Lzen 11:32 AM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Best defense in football simplifies everything. What do ya know...

https://amp.si.com/nfl/2019/01/03/ba...mpression=true
That is very interesting. :-) Just adds to the argument that Sutton and his complex scheme needs to go. I wouldn't mind if someone came in and simplified it.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:13 PM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
That is very interesting. :-) Just adds to the argument that Sutton and his complex scheme needs to go. I wouldn't mind if someone came in and simplified it.
Joey Porter was just released........
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:13 PM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
Joey Porter was just released........
:-)
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:15 PM 01-04-2019
I say we make Mitch the DC.

PUT THE HAMMER DOWN
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:17 PM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
I say we make Mitch the DC.

PUT THE HAMMER DOWN
Put the hammer down.

No seriously. Put the hammer down. You're going to break something.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:24 PM 01-04-2019
Put the hammer down.

No seriously. Put the hammer down. You're going to break something.
My dad asked me to PUT THE HAMMER DOWN many many years ago.

We were building something and it was very heavy. I was young and not strong enough to hold it. So he started the nail and he was to hold it while I drove it in.

After several times of me missing the nail, dad yelled "HIT THE FUCKING THING IN THE MIDDLE".
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:28 PM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
My dad asked me to PUT THE HAMMER DOWN many many years ago.

We were building something and it was very heavy. I was young and not strong enough to hold it. So he started the nail and he was to hold it while I drove it in.

After several times of me missing the nail, dad yelled "HIT THE FUCKING THING IN THE MIDDLE".
:-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:46 PM 01-04-2019
Every team in the league uses zone blitz concepts. Every single team.
And I've called for a blitz, from somebody, on every play. As I've said, any NFL-level QB can pick apart any secondary with the current "rules in the secondary" and if they consistently get 6-7 seconds. to find somebody who's open.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:35 PM 01-04-2019
And I've called for a blitz, from somebody, on every play. As I've said, any NFL-level QB can pick apart any secondary with the current "rules in the secondary" and if they consistently get 6-7 seconds. to find somebody who's open.
They had 52 sacks on the season. Are you high or something?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:46 PM 01-04-2019
They had 52 sacks on the season. Are you high or something?
That's great, and no, I'm not high.

I'll just add this tidbit, on the plays that weren't those 52 sacks they gave up 4,374 yards of passing, 31st in the league, so maybe a few more creative blitzes would be helpful.

At least we weren't Cincinnati...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/t...sition/defense

And that 31 thing keeps giving too...

So let's agree that creatively blitzing on almost every play that's not a goal line stand makes a lot of sense.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:53 PM 01-04-2019
Nobody blitzes on every play. This place is dumb. Really dumb.
[Reply]
bricks 06:58 PM 01-04-2019
That's great, and no, I'm not high.

I'll just add this tidbit, on the plays that weren't those 52 sacks they gave up 4,374 yards of passing, 31st in the league, so maybe a few more creative blitzes would be helpful.

At least we weren't Cincinnati...

And that 31 thing keeps giving too...

So let's agree that creatively blitzing on almost every play that's not a goal line stand makes a lot of sense.
I somewhat agree. I never see the Chiefs do disguised blitzes. But I also think its more than that; the corners, safeties, secondary just absolutely flat out sucks.

When guys aren’t lining up properly and you see Berry coming in and yelling for certain players to get into the right positions; there’s a bigger problem imo.

I think its embarassing when you have the #1 pass rush but still rank in the bottom of the in passing yards against.
[Reply]
Page 252 of 298
« First < 152202242248249250251252 253254255256262 > Last »
Up