ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2214 of 4880
« First < 1214171421142164220422102211221222132214 221522162217221822242264231427143214 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:50 PM 11-26-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Possibly.
Probably.

Who wants to coach for a control freak GM who cycles through coaches almost as fast as the Cleveland Browns? Oh, and to make matters even worse, the team has unstable ownership.

You'll get the bottom-of-the-barrel candidates. All the other serious dudes will be looking for jobs elsewhere before they tell their agents to give Horseface a call back.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:07 PM 11-26-2018
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
You really think the NFL is going to let Keesum bounce the Chargers in week #17? Nope...
Hell no. The LA Reclamation Project is far more important than making sure the one-time representatives of the AFCW get a playoff spot just they can blow it.

The league cares nothing for the LAC beyond whatever they can do to help LA overall work. If anything, I'd say that the league brought SDC in to hedge their bets; if one team is sucking ass, surely the other will be performing well, right? Whatever it takes to sell tickets in LA is the name of the game.

As long as Mahomes continues to scorch the earth, Reid and the Chiefs will be the "A" team in this division. The chances of Denver landing a QB even 1/3 as electric as Mahomes is slim to none. And the Raiders will ALWAYS be the hapless ones. Always.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 06:10 PM 11-26-2018
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
Y'all are in QB hell right now, but your running game looks good. I really like your local RB product, helluva undrafted find there.
As long as he stays healthy he'll be a stud. He's very quick and looks so natural out there.
[Reply]
BlackOp 06:36 PM 11-26-2018
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Hell no. The LA Reclamation Project is far more important than making sure the one-time representatives of the AFCW get a playoff spot just they can blow it.

The league cares nothing for the LAC beyond whatever they can do to help LA overall work. If anything, I'd say that the league brought SDC in to hedge their bets; if one team is sucking ass, surely the other will be performing well, right? Whatever it takes to sell tickets in LA is the name of the game.
They definitely care about the LAC in that Spanos signed a 20 year lease for that $4 billion mega-complex. He parasited that team to LA in an attempt to say FU to San Diego.... for not paying for his place of business. Now it's a collective NFL owner's issue as nobody will ever give a shit about the Chargers in LA. Even their long-time fanbase doesnt give a shit...

It was doomed to fail from the outset and NFL corporate is scrambling to make a team, that hasn't been to the playoffs in 5 years, into an over-night SB contender. It's a last ditch effort to see if they can fool new fans into bonding with them...if the are winning.

The "Battle for LA" marketing ploy was retarded...Rams sold out the Coliseum last week...Chargers stands were as empty as I've ever seen for a 7-3 team. Nobody cares...

There is a reason Brady, Brees, Manning and Big Rape were always in the post-season and avoided a half-decade drought. Rivers is a choker with gaudy numbers. Stafford is his NFC equivalent...

Chargers are a weird team...they've always been kind of "image-less" and lacking of any tangible charisma. Even their AFCW rivals dont really despise them...at least like each other. I dont see LA ever bonding with team that is essentially void of personality..
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:28 PM 11-26-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Probably.

Who wants to coach for a control freak GM who cycles through coaches almost as fast as the Cleveland Browns? Oh, and to make matters even worse, the team has unstable ownership.

You'll get the bottom-of-the-barrel candidates. All the other serious dudes will be looking for jobs elsewhere before they tell their agents to give Horseface a call back.
Ok.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:46 PM 11-26-2018
Magically, the Tools will start to "talk football" and " breakdown" the playoffs race
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:18 PM 11-26-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Magically, the Tools will start to "talk football" and " breakdown" the playoffs race
Have the others shown up?
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:19 PM 11-26-2018
Ok.
Actually, what he posted was pretty accurate....I know this must pain you to accept but Denver wont be a destination high on any HC canidiate's list. Too much internal chaos and no franchise QB...Horseface has an ego bigger than the Rockies.

No seasoned coach is going to want to work for him and be a lackey...you think Harbaugh and Horseface wouldn't clash?
[Reply]
DomCasual 10:45 PM 11-26-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
So, your hypothesis is that more fans want to talk about their team when they win than they do when they lose?

I think you might be on to something here, Giant Meatball.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:57 PM 11-26-2018
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Actually, what he posted was pretty accurate....I know this must pain you to accept but Denver wont be a destination high on any HC canidiate's list. Too much internal chaos and no franchise QB...Horseface has an ego bigger than the Rockies.

No seasoned coach is going to want to work for him and be a lackey...you think Harbaugh and Horseface wouldn't clash?
We'll see how it goes... we've seen what the Broncos have done under Vance. If a better coach is available and thinks he could do better and the opportunity presents itself, he'll take it.

Vance has 10 wins in 27 games. Let's say they roll the next 5, that would be 15 wins in 32 games. I don't think too many would look at that and think he got screwed by being fired.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:00 PM 11-26-2018
Ok.
If Elway continues to behave like a fucking jackass in the way he treats his coaches, he's gonna wind up just like Scott fucking Pioli.

Scott Pioli's name was poison among competent NFL coaches. Nobody with any brains wanted to go near him or the Chiefs.

Elway is well on his way to being that fucking infamous. If he fires VJ, he will have hired 4 coaches in the past 6 years.

That's bordering on Cleveland Browns territory.
[Reply]
DomCasual 11:07 PM 11-26-2018
If Elway continues to behave like a ****ing jackass in the way he treats his coaches, he's gonna wind up just like Scott ****ing Pioli.

Scott Pioli's name was poison among competent NFL coaches. Nobody with any brains wanted to go near him or the Chiefs.

Elway is well on his way to being that ****ing infamous. If he fires VJ, he will have hired 4 coaches in the past 6 years.

I don’t completely disagree. However, the fact that they’ve been to two Super Bowls (winning one) in that time might mitigate the circumstances a bit, no?
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:13 PM 11-26-2018
Originally Posted by DomCasual:
I don’t completely disagree. However, the fact that they’ve been to two Super Bowls (winning one) in that time might mitigate the circumstances a bit, no?

[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:17 PM 11-26-2018
If Elway continues to behave like a ****ing jackass in the way he treats his coaches, he's gonna wind up just like Scott ****ing Pioli.

Elway is well on his way to being that ****ing infamous. If he fires VJ, he will have hired 4 coaches in the past 6 years.

I hear ya... flipside of that is you hang on to a Jason Garrett type for far too long. And, he would be an upgrade over Vance.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:19 PM 11-26-2018
I hear ya... flipside of that is you hang on to a Jason Garrett type for far too long. And, he would be an upgrade over Vance.
Just like Keesum was an upgrade over Semen?
[Reply]
Page 2214 of 4880
« First < 1214171421142164220422102211221222132214 221522162217221822242264231427143214 > Last »
Up