ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 73 of 341
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123173 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 05:37 PM 05-01-2017
http://www.gunssavelife.com/dealer-l...-owners-carve/

Have you guys seen this shit
[Reply]
Dunit35 05:40 PM 05-01-2017
Nine firearm transfers a year?

That would suck. Especially for people who build AR's.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:14 PM 05-01-2017
Apparently Springfield is not digging the backlash and backtracking rapidly.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...te-deal-carve/

Springfield Armory Statement on IFMA’s SB-1657 Senate Deal and Carve-Out

Springfield Armory has issued the following statement on their web site:

Springfield Armory has always fought hand-in-hand with the NRA, NSSF, ISRA and many others for legislation that fiercely protects the Second Amendment, individual rights and the industry as a whole. Our fight continues today as some members of the Illinois legislature are pushing to overregulate the industry through Gun Dealer Licensing Act (SB1657).

“At the time of my initial statement to the media, I was ill-informed of the ramifications of this bill and its detrimental effects to the Second Amendment, which I have personally fought to protect my entire life. I can tell you now, we at Springfield Armory are unequivocally 100 percent against this bill and will continue to work with the NRA and others to ensure that it is defeated,” said Dennis Reese, Chief Executive Officer, Springfield Armory.

Springfield Armory, like Rock River Arms, was not aware of the actions taken by our trade association, IFMA, until after the fact. We take this situation very seriously and are looking into how this very unfortunate lapse in communication occurred.

Springfield Armory has fought and defeated legislation like this in Illinois for the past 15 years. We are wholeheartedly against this bill and will fight to see it defeated as the unnecessary and harmful overreach that it is.

[Reply]
Dunit35 10:03 PM 05-01-2017
Has anybody shot the Tavor X95?

Bought a Kel Tec RDB a month or so ago. I'm not feeling too confident that our Chief will approve it for duty use. I haven't shot it yet in case I decide to sell it.

I think he'll approve the Tavor without any issues due to its use by Israeli forces and proven record. Been thinking about selling the RDB and paying the extra $6-700 for the Tavor. It had non-stop great reviews by everyone. Proven battle tested.
[Reply]
JDKinman 01:14 AM 05-02-2017
Guns, ex-Red Raider quarterbacks and KC barbecue. What a place this is.

I'm a gun guy for sure, as are my two daughters and my wife. But we lean more towards the wheelguns--especially me and the oldest daughter.

Here are the Triplets, also known on occasion as the "Three Little Pigs." Smith & Wesson Model 29, Model 686 and Model 17.

And here is the oldest after a typical day of shooting the 686. She shoots at 40 feet, handheld (no rests), .38 Special 158 SWC +P.

--JD
[Reply]
notorious 06:05 AM 05-02-2017
The revolvers are bigger than she is!

Great shooting. At what age did you start letting your kids handle handguns?

I started my daughter on a lead sled at 6 with .22s, and free handling a bb gun then, too.

She gets to shoot a MP .22 freehand now when I am close by.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 06:06 AM 05-02-2017
Originally Posted by JDKinman:

I'm a gun guy for sure, as are my two daughters and my wife. But we lean more towards the wheelguns--especially me and the oldest daughter.

Here are the Triplets, also known on occasion as the "Three Little Pigs." Smith & Wesson Model 29, Model 686 and Model 17.

And here is the oldest after a typical day of shooting the 686. She shoots at 40 feet, handheld (no rests), .38 Special 158 SWC +P.

--JD

Welcome to the board man..you hang around long enough you will see that this board has a little bit of everything from guns, cars, motorcycle, food, handyman, and just about anything

Love the 686..my dad has a 4inch model if I remember right

Daughter is a hell of a shot..be careful where you post pictures at..she is a good looking girl and this is a message board of a bunch of dirty old men
:-)
[Reply]
notorious 07:00 AM 05-02-2017
We are more respectful in this thread.

Good job teaching her how to handle a weapon.
[Reply]
Bwana 07:12 AM 05-02-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
^
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 07:26 AM 05-02-2017

Good job teaching her how to handle a weapon.

[Reply]
Frazod 07:57 AM 05-02-2017

--JD
Excellent. Welcome aboard.

And guns are much more effective than cellphones and/or rape whistles.
:-)
[Reply]
JDKinman 08:58 AM 05-02-2017
The revolvers are bigger than she is!

Great shooting. At what age did you start letting your kids handle handguns?

I started my daughter on a lead sled at 6 with .22s, and free handling a bb gun then, too.

She gets to shoot a MP .22 freehand now when I am close by.
We had no kids of our own until we retired at a fairly young age (mid/late 40's). I guess the term for adoption is "blended family?" Dunno, don't care 'cause we're not PC in any manner whatsoever. We got our youngest daughter when she was sixteen, ten years ago. Oldest came to us a year later when she was twenty. We more or less became an instant family and with all the adjustments and changes that entails. One of the first things I did with each of the girls was teach them to shoot.

The oldest and her husband (no better son-in-law on the planet, by the way--awesome husband and dad) have two boys, both of whom are Chiefs and Royals fans (they're also Cowboys and Rangers fans living down here in Dallas) and we've got both of them shooting.

Originally Posted by Frazod:
Excellent. Welcome aboard.

And guns are much more effective than cellphones and/or rape whistles. :-)
Several years ago, for the girls' birthdays, my wife and I gave them complete CHL packages where we paid for the classroom instruction, range fees and state fee to get their Concealed Handgun License. Neither girl is prone to ever being a willing victim, but the confidence and increased self-assuredness both have since then is heart-warming.

The youngest (now 26) likes our Smith & Wesson Model 19. I reload for everything we have in the gun safe, and also cast my own bullets. I purchased a mold some years back for a .38 Special diameter (.358") 105 grain semi-wadcutter. I give it a light dose of Bullseye powder and when fired through one of the K or L frame Smiths, it's like shooting a .22LR. No kick, no big noise--but accurate beyond belief. I developed that load for my wife so as to be able to run five or ten rounds through her carry gun--a S&W Airweight 38. That's not a pleasant gun to shoot but I'm a stickler for staying proficient with the firearm you carry. My wife practices with the Model 19, but then can run a cylinder or two through her Airweight to maintain familiarity and proficiency with trigger pull/action, point-of-aim and point-of-impact.

All of the girls love shooting that particular round, so it keeps me busy on the reloading bench.

Here's the youngest firing some of those rounds with the Model 19.

The oldest girl loves shooting the wheelguns single-action while my wife and the youngest are double-action shooters. Whenever I watch this video of the youngest shooting and I see the smoothness of the trigger pull, breath control and no flinch on an empty chamber, it makes me one proud dad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8lxsO_mduU

Now, if I could only get the girls to clean the guns after they shoot them. . . :-)

--JD
[Reply]
Randallflagg 10:48 AM 05-02-2017
So, I go to the Doctor yesterday for my annual checkup. No big deal. However, before the Doc comes in, the Nurse tells me that they have a "mandate" to ask a few questions from the Federal Government - questions that I do NOT have to answer if I don't want to.

(1) Do I wear a seatbelt at all times? - yes

(2) Do I wear a helmet when riding a bike? - Yeah, right.....

(3) Do I smoke? - Not for 45 years

(4) Do I have firearms in the home - None of your business

Keep this in mind when you hit your local Doctor....
[Reply]
Otter 10:49 AM 05-02-2017
We had no kids of our own until we retired at a fairly young age (mid/late 40's). I guess the term for adoption is "blended family?" Dunno, don't care 'cause we're not PC in any manner whatsoever. We got our youngest daughter when she was sixteen, ten years ago. Oldest came to us a year later when she was twenty. We more or less became an instant family and with all the adjustments and changes that entails. One of the first things I did with each of the girls was teach them to shoot.

The oldest and her husband (no better son-in-law on the planet, by the way--awesome husband and dad) have two boys, both of whom are Chiefs and Royals fans (they're also Cowboys and Rangers fans living down here in Dallas) and we've got both of them shooting.

Several years ago, for the girls' birthdays, my wife and I gave them complete CHL packages where we paid for the classroom instruction, range fees and state fee to get their Concealed Handgun License. Neither girl is prone to ever being a willing victim, but the confidence and increased self-assuredness both have since then is heart-warming.

The youngest (now 26) likes our Smith & Wesson Model 19. I reload for everything we have in the gun safe, and also cast my own bullets. I purchased a mold some years back for a .38 Special diameter (.358") 105 grain semi-wadcutter. I give it a light dose of Bullseye powder and when fired through one of the K or L frame Smiths, it's like shooting a .22LR. No kick, no big noise--but accurate beyond belief. I developed that load for my wife so as to be able to run five or ten rounds through her carry gun--a S&W Airweight 38. That's not a pleasant gun to shoot but I'm a stickler for staying proficient with the firearm you carry. My wife practices with the Model 19, but then can run a cylinder or two through her Airweight to maintain familiarity and proficiency with trigger pull/action, point-of-aim and point-of-impact.

All of the girls love shooting that particular round, so it keeps me busy on the reloading bench.

Here's the youngest firing some of those rounds with the Model 19.

The oldest girl loves shooting the wheelguns single-action while my wife and the youngest are double-action shooters. Whenever I watch this video of the youngest shooting and I see the smoothness of the trigger pull, breath control and no flinch on an empty chamber, it makes me one proud dad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8lxsO_mduU

Now, if I could only get the girls to clean the guns after they shoot them. . . :-)

--JD
I like this guy already. Welcome aboard brother! :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 11:05 AM 05-02-2017
Originally Posted by BiStateNo:
So, I go to the Doctor yesterday for my annual checkup. No big deal. However, before the Doc comes in, the Nurse tells me that they have a "mandate" to ask a few questions from the Federal Government - questions that I do NOT have to answer if I don't want to.

(1) Do I wear a seatbelt at all times? - yes

(2) Do I wear a helmet when riding a bike? - Yeah, right.....

(3) Do I smoke? - Not for 45 years

(4) Do I have firearms in the home - None of your business

Keep this in mind when you hit your local Doctor....
This hasn't happened to me yet, but I've already decided rather than be offended and/or truthful, I'm just going to flat out lie. Fuck 'em.
[Reply]
Page 73 of 341
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123173 > Last »
Up