Page 4896 of 4896
« First < 3896439647964846488648924893489448954896
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:08 AM Today
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Dynasty discussion starts when you win 3 titles with the same core group, whether it is 5 years or a little more. Shows the team is consistently dominant. Cowboys were a short lived dynasty as they fell quick.

Steelers of the 70s and the Patriots run with Brady are the two strongest runs, with KC now nipping at their heels.
That makes a lot of sense. I am curious what you would consider a core group. Would it be HC/QB? In a salary cap era it gets harder and harder to "keep the band together". I would say that when it comes to dynasties it would be something like:

60's: Packers
70's: Steelers
80's: Niners
90's: Cowboys
00's: Pats
10's: Pats
20's: Chiefs
[Reply]
Chieftain 08:16 AM Today
To me the truest dynasty in any sport is a team that threpeats. Sure, 3 in 5 or 4 in 6 is great. But the Bulls of the 90s were a true sports dynasty in my eyes. Which goes to show that, again, in my view, the NFL has never really had a true dynasty. Chiefs would be the first if they managed to do the impossible and threepeat. I guess we have a soft dynasty now like other soft dynasties of the past. Threepeat and you become immortalized.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:27 AM Today
Matt Verderame on his pod this morning:

“It was the worst kept secret at the Sr Bowl that the Broncos wanted Nix. Everyone knew they loved him and wanted to pick him.”

Also said at the Sr Bowl that he asked everyone there and not a single scout or team source said they thought Nix was a first rd pick :-)
[Reply]
RedinTexas 08:55 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Matt Verderame on his pod this morning:

“It was the worst kept secret at the Sr Bowl that the Broncos wanted Nix. Everyone knew they loved him and wanted to pick him.”

Also said at the Sr Bowl that he asked everyone there and not a single scout or team source said they thought Nix was a first rd pick :-)
Reeks of desperation.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 09:24 AM Today
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
Reeks of desperation.
Yep, they didn't have a chance in hell of drafting one of the top guys, so they panicked and picked a late 2nd round guy at 12. #donkeylogic
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:39 AM Today
Said this all along:

If that's the guy Payton wanted (supposedly it is) and he got his guy, then no excuses.

His tenure in Denver and his reputation as a QB 'guru' rides on this pick.

No one has ever been able to conclude for sure if SP got lucky with Drew Brees or he made Brees into the HOFer he became.

Guess we're gonna find out now . . . . . .
[Reply]
Katipan 09:47 AM Today
I think it's weird anyways.

What was Denver supposed to do?

There are so many more moving parts than just a fucked up roster. Liiiiike how do you build a team without a leader? Even if it's just a shift lead? How do you put butts in the seats of the organization that looks like they don't care?

KC didn't have much else to do besides fly banners and post on CP. Denverites have every event, sports team, concert cruising through every month. To keep people in Empower spending money you have to portray things.

But really guys, you have enough money for a banner.
[Reply]
wazu 09:48 AM Today
Over the next two years who puts up better numbers - Russell Wilson or Bo Nix?
[Reply]
Katipan 09:54 AM Today
Originally Posted by wazu:
What a weird flex. I'm assuming Russell has the Steelers?
[Reply]
FlaChief58 10:00 AM Today
Originally Posted by wazu:
Watch Tater lead them to the playoffs :-)
[Reply]
Page 4896 of 4896
« First < 3896439647964846488648924893489448954896
Up