ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 15
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Hall of Classics>An open apology
AmericanHero 02:57 PM 03-03-2003
I apologize. For everything.

I have clearly misunderstood how seriously some people take this stuff.

To me, this was harmless fun, an exchange of insults among fans of different teams. We don't know each other and these are just words typed on a message board. I didn't intend to hurt anyone.

But now I have been hurt. Badly. My employment status has been affected.

So I am sorry. I truly didn't mean for it to come to this.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:53 PM 03-03-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by Iowanian
I'd never do anything to fook with a guys job....wouldn't want the same. Most of us would probably at least get in trouble if "they" realized how much time we're "here".

The personal ads are funny, hotornot et al....but I wouldn't go after a guys job for what he did....even if he was being a total douchious magnificus bagili
Agreed.
[Reply]
ct 03:53 PM 03-03-2003
So...

the obvious question is 'Who dun it?'

I'm guessing whoever did, be it one or many person(s), will claim thier righteous duty to defend the planet. If that is so, then step forward and claim your 'prize'.
[Reply]
Robo-Chachi 03:54 PM 03-03-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by Goober
How'd all this start, anyway?

Chiefs | Barber Official - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
9:12 PT: Kansas City Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Monday the team has officially agreed to terms of a seven-year contract with free agent LB Shawn Barber (Eagles). "Shawn Barber was our top priority at the 'Will' linebacker position," Peterson commented. "He possesses the skills, abilities and experience that should improve our defense immediately. He has played with one of the top defenses in the NFL in Philadelphia. We look for him to bring that experience with him to our defense."
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 03:54 PM 03-03-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by KC Kings
So your boss got really pissed, you got your dick slapped,,, and you are still out here trolling around?

I'm not buying that. Your boss doesn't know anything, and now you are spinning out of your smack talk because you fear the possible reprocussions.
He's pissin' his pants that someone MIGHT do that--that's why he's still "trolling around"...

Put money on it. I don't think anyone would have REALLY done that, would they??? I honestly can't imagine...:-)
[Reply]
ChiTown 03:55 PM 03-03-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by BrainCase

Oh, yeah, one more thing - we've made you an honorary Mizzou fan.
:-)

Now, that's stepping waaaaaaay over the line.:-)

I agree, no need to send stuff to the guys boss. I an idle threat to do so would have been plenty. However, there is a bit of me that suggests that KC Kings may be on to something in his commentary......:-)
[Reply]
Phobia 03:56 PM 03-03-2003
I think the emailing the boss thing is just a ploy. If somebody really emailed your boss, post the email addresses and headers of the message so we can find out who did so. I don't think anybody would do that over some relatively minor infractions in Netiquette. I was hoping this would have a happy ending and we could talk football.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:00 PM 03-03-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by pHoBiA
I think the emailing the boss thing is just a ploy. If somebody really emailed your boss, post the email addresses and headers of the message so we can find out who did so. I don't think anybody would do that over some relatively minor infractions in Netiquette. I was hoping this would have a happy ending and we could talk football.
I'll handle this one.

"Do you think my boss would give me the materials he busted me with. This is a really touchy subject around the office right now, and I'm better off leaving it alone."
[Reply]
Brock 04:01 PM 03-03-2003
Originally Posted by :
You're right, it's bullcrap. If he was in trouble, he wouldn't be posting.
[Reply]
ct 04:01 PM 03-03-2003
Originally Posted by :
Some trolls will never play nice.

ct
rule will always apply, 'Don't feed the Trolls!'
[Reply]
AmericanHero 04:02 PM 03-03-2003
pHobia:

I don't want to post this information publicly. Check your e-mail.
[Reply]
Braincase 04:03 PM 03-03-2003
I'm hoping the kid just learned his lesson. I have ZERO problems with smack so long as it is good natured and at least SOMEWHAT CREATIVE.

Like I mentioned earlier, the smilies are there for a reason. I didn't send a gift subscription of The Advocate to his office, although an International Male catalog wouldn't be a bad idea.

Let us know if we can, individually or collectively, send a message to your superiors expressing our sentiments. Nobody should lose their job over something like this.

One thing you should know, AH. We're not idiots. There are some very competent computer professionals on this board as you are now aware. You wouldn't be the first person to underestimate the intellect of the Midwesterners and you won't be the last. Sorry you had to learn the hard way that we are proud of where we live and where we choose to rear our children.

I want the picture posted here - you, Priest Holmes jersey, sign that says 'I'm sorry'.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:05 PM 03-03-2003
Originally Posted by :
Like I mentioned earlier, the smilies are there for a reason. I didn't send a gift subscription of The Advocate to his office, although an International Male catalog wouldn't be a bad idea.
An International Male catalog is never a good idea. That magazine had Harvey Firestein saying "Whatta bunch of pansies!!!"
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 04:07 PM 03-03-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by BrainCase

I want the picture posted here - you, Priest Holmes jersey, sign that says 'I'm sorry'.
That WOULD be a nice gesture...:-)
[Reply]
Phobia 04:11 PM 03-03-2003
Alright, he's not lying.

Somebody really did email his office - I'm not going to post the name of the regular who chose to do this, but I hope that they have learned a lesson as well.

Dan Griffith wants to move on and we do, too. Wish it would have turned out better, though.

You'll always be welcome at this board, AmericanHero. I hope you'll come back to chat football when everything blows over.
[Reply]
Braincase 04:13 PM 03-03-2003
Originally Posted by :
Alright, he's not lying.

Somebody really did email his office - I'm not going to post the name of the regular who chose to do this, but I hope that they have learned a lesson as well.
Can we start a poll to try and guess who did it? I know who I'd vote for...
[Reply]
Page 5 of 15
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up