ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 19
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you own an Electric car or plan to buy one
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:14 PM 02-17-2021
I plan to get one in the future, what are your plans?

If so what are your pluses or minuses ?
[Reply]
stevieray 10:33 AM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Eh, I disagree with that pretty strongly. It's fun, sure, but acceleration is VERY nice to have when it comes to merging onto highways, moving around in traffic, passing people, etc. The Leaf (and many other EVs) has one-pedal driving as well (where it brakes slightly when you're not on the accelerator), which makes it even better for moving around in traffic.
nice to have and use are two different things.

You aren't mentioning something that doesn't already exist.
[Reply]
HemiEd 10:49 AM 02-18-2021
I would prefer not to contribute to my city looking like this any more than I have to.

Interesting picture of Denver. Being a native of the area, born in Englewood, I can remember when you could see none of the city from a distance, none.

It was much like the pictures of China now. But we have steadily improved since big steps were taken in 1965 and 1968 (pcv valves instead of just vent pipes etc.), 1972 unleaded gas and 1974 Catalytic converters, EGR, etc etc.. The U.S. has improved by leaps and bounds on the efficiency of the ICE.

We share the same atmosphere with China and India but we are supposed to change everything to compensate for their totally irresponsible industrialization
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:19 PM 02-18-2021
The new Hummer is very tempting but damn is it expensive.
[Reply]
Eureka 02:56 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Check this out..... 1020 HP tesla

https://www.tesla.com/modelx
Some wife is out there right now driving that thing. A guy pulls up in a Corvette at the light and she quietly blows his doors off all while having kids in the back seat with a trunk full of groceries. My Wife and I are considering getting one of these to replace the Q5. She won't hot rod it but I def will.

The parking lot at my work is literally all Tesla's. Here I come pulling up in my rumbling V8 GTO. Seems I stick out a bit but there are a few of us that still like a rumbling ICE. It would be nice to have an ICE car and an electric vehicle.
[Reply]
loochy 05:22 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
The parking lot at my work is literally all Tesla's. Here I come pulling up in my rumbling V8 GTO.
Then it's not literally all Teslas.

Jesus H. Christ, do people know what the word literally menas?
[Reply]
Eureka 06:30 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:

I don’t know what it menas. Literally.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:32 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:

The real thing I need to know is if it's an older, cool GTO, or one of those Mid 2000's Pontiac G6/Cobalt looking things.
[Reply]
Munson 06:41 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
How many miles on the Prius?
Just crossed 54K miles.

Bought it last year with 43K miles.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:48 PM 02-18-2021
Never. I need my truck to do truck things, in places where there's no towing it out if the battery dies.

And sports cars aren't actually sports cars if you can't shift for yourself, or hear that glorious roar of a properly tuned engine. Without a real engine and a proper gearbox, whatever it is, it's not a serious sports car. It's just a battery-operated toy. Some people will be okay with that, but the fact is once they take the ICE and the gearbox out of a sports car it ceases to be a sports car, period.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:05 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Never. I need my truck to do truck things, in places where there's no towing it out if the battery dies.

And sports cars aren't actually sports cars if you can't shift for yourself, or hear that glorious roar of a properly tuned engine. Without a real engine and a proper gearbox, whatever it is, it's not a serious sports car. It's just a battery-operated toy. Some people will be okay with that, but the fact is once they take the ICE and the gearbox out of a sports car it ceases to be a sports car, period.
Watching the Rimac beat the Lambo Aventador by like 20 car lengths on the Grand tour makes you second guess a little though.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:12 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Watching the Rimac beat the Lambo Aventador by like 20 car lengths on the Grand tour makes you second guess a little though.
At some point, people are going to have to come to terms with the fact that the old idea of a sports car is more about noise and feeling than about performance. If that's what you're into, there's nothing wrong with that. It's a dying preference, though.

Out of curiosity, have those who are pining for the feel of a sports car ever ridden in a Tesla Model S or X? It's like being in a spaceship crossed with a roller coaster.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:16 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Not really. Not if you're really into driving. Driving a sports car isn't just about going fast in a straight line. At least not for me. Any dipstick can stomp on the go-pedal for 10 seconds or whatever. I'm talking about real driving, around corners. To be good at it, requires a certain skill set, that requires the driver to strive to keep in balance the engine, the transmission, suspension, etc. all while traveling at high speeds.

Take away the engine and the gearbox, and really all you have is a video game. interesting, but a far cry from real driving.

But I know, for some it's just about how fast it goes in a straight line from one light to the next. If that's the 21st century definition of sports car, you can have it. I'm less than interested.
[Reply]
Donger 07:23 PM 02-18-2021
At some point, people are going to have to come to terms with the fact that the old idea of a sports car is more about noise and feeling than about performance. If that's what you're into, there's nothing wrong with that. It's a dying preference, though.
Yep. I love the sound of my Boxster's flat six, even though it's actually slower than my daily driver from an acceleration perspective. But it handles and brakes better, too. I won't get a 718 just because they changed the engine to turbo four.
[Reply]
vailpass 07:35 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by nicksdad:
just an fyi , there are a ton of new EV models coming out this year. lots of HP, faster charging batteries, and the kind of range you needed to buy a Tesla to get few years ago. also a fair amount of AWD for us snow belters. even a four wheel mustang with about 400 HP. will look in 4-5 years when my beater starts to die
This the natural progression. Technology and innovation advance to the point where the market organically supports increased ownership through consumer desire, not government mandate.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:39 PM 02-18-2021

Out of curiosity, have those who are pining for the feel of a sports car ever ridden in a Tesla Model S or X? It's like being in a spaceship crossed with a roller coaster.
Literally the whole point of a sports car is about how it makes you feel. It's why they design the exterior to evoke a certain emotional response. Why the steering wheel feels the way it does when flying around a corner. Why they spend millions to engineer the gearbox to snick-snick just so through the gears. Why they spend months or even years tuning the exhaust note. It's supposed to be an immersive, visceral experience.

Otherwise, why spend the money? For a whiny battery-car with no gearbox or exhaust note? Whoopee. Be still my beating heart . . .

Oh, and I drove a Tesla S. Fast. But otherwise not terribly exciting, unless you're into electronic doohickeys, and whine.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 19
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up