ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 28
« First < 131920212223 24252627 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Brady received 27 PI calls in 2020
BlackOp 04:15 PM 02-11-2021
Buccaneers were the beneficiary of 27 PI calls this 2020 season, Kansas City received 4.

No other team had more than 19 (Miami/Pittsburgh) and 28 teams had less than 15.

Buccaneers were the beneficiary of 12 PI last year with Winston throwing for over 5000 yards...

Brady's Bucs received 15 more PI calls than the same team did last season...and set an NFL record.

Brady had 12 more PI calls than 28 other teams....16 more than 21 teams. He was essentially getting twice the PI calls of nearly every other franchise...and 7 times the amount as Mahomes.

25 teams had 11 or less...

Numbers dont lie...only the media about Brady's "greatness"

Chiefs were called for 2 PIs in one quarter of the SB...they only had their opponents flagged 4 times all year.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:50 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
Those are some pretty good points but, unfortunately, outside of the Tom Brady fans, the perception will always be that he's the Bill Russell of football.

The main reason is that nobody was questioning the fact that MJ was the best player in the League when he was playing.

Virtually no one outside of New England thinks that about Tom Brady. I don't know what to tell you, man. Peyton and now Rodgers have each won a fraction of Tom's Super Bowl wins total but both were/are considered to be better quarterbacks. Mahomes is better than all of them.

:-)
This.

Lots of QBs are/were better than Brady. Brady has the most hardware thanks to the Patriots organization, and lots of stats based on unusual longevity, but he has never been the best QB in the league at any point in his career.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 01:00 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by GoForIt:
Sure. If we talking raw talent, I agree. I mean he was a 6th round pick for a reason. Pats fans don't ever dispute that. But Brady's legacy is so much bigger than that precisely because he is not a highlight reel or an athletic runner/dual threat. That is what makes his legacy unique. In basketball you have to be the best athlete to win. That sport is 100% athletic. The QB position is the most cerebral position with also the biggest burden of leadership to get all 10 guys believing they can win. It is the toughest position in sports for a reason. Brady has proven without a shadow of a doubt that the intangibles are what makes a winner along with talent. I mean the guy can make every throw and is insanely accurate. You have to have the tools and the commitment to your body and the game. That is where Brady separates himself with his longevity.

Guys like Manning and Rodgers or Marino and Elway if you want to go back that far have been reduced to a footnote because Brady has lapped them. There is no other team sport where the gap between the top player and #2 is so wide.
Manning and Rodgers are not just talented. They are smart and rarely made mistakes. Compare them to a Brett Favre, who had a rocket arm but was a total bonehead and threw tons of INTs in critical moments.

You're right about the longevity. Brady has kept himself going (likely by making a pact with Satan). That by itself doesn't mean he's far above everyone else. He hasn't lapped Manning or Rodgers if you actually use the eye test and don't get overwhelmed with team success. Lebron may play until he's 45. He already has Jordan beat easily in longevity and Finals appearances. He may win the MVP in his 18th season. That said, most people believe Jordan was a better player. Best player and best career isn't the same thing. Jordan didn't have the best career. Russell, Kareem, and likely Lebron when he retires all had better careers. But people will still rank Jordan higher than all three.

Think of it this way. In the last decade alone, Brady has been to 6 Super Bowls. Rodgers has been to 0. Nobody would argue Brady has been a better QB than Rodgers since 2010. However, he's had a much better decade than Rodgers based on team success. Not even close.
[Reply]
JakeF 01:00 PM 02-25-2021
Still so pissed off about the Tampa game.

Any time i think about football i rage inside about it.

[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 01:10 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Still so pissed off about the Tampa game.

Any time i think about football i rage inside about it.

If there was ever a year to lose a Super Bowl, this was it. The loss sucked, but the lack of packed stadiums made the postseason far less entertaining than usual. That was magnified during the Super Bowl, where the crowd is always a watered-down amorphous blob of casual fans anyway. The Bucs won the game and basically heard golf claps after.

2022 will be a great year to win another.
[Reply]
GoForIt 01:18 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Manning and Rodgers are not just talented. They are smart and rarely made mistakes. Compare them to a Brett Favre, who had a rocket arm but was a total bonehead and threw tons of INTs in critical moments.

You're right about the longevity. Brady has kept himself going (likely by making a pact with Satan). That by itself doesn't mean he's far above everyone else. He hasn't lapped Manning or Rodgers if you actually use the eye test and don't get overwhelmed with team success. Lebron may play until he's 45. He already has Jordan beat easily in longevity and Finals appearances. He may win the MVP in his 18th season. That said, most people believe Jordan was a better player. Best player and best career isn't the same thing. Jordan didn't have the best career. Russell, Kareem, and likely Lebron when he retires all had better careers. But people will still rank Jordan higher than all three.

Think of it this way. In the last decade alone, Brady has been to 6 Super Bowls. Rodgers has been to 0. Nobody would argue Brady has been a better QB than Rodgers since 2010. However, he's had a much better decade than Rodgers based on team success. Not even close.
People have Jordan as the GOAT specifically because he 3-peated twice and he was super clutch throughout. That is the same for Brady. The great of the greats are always judged by how they perform in the biggest games, biggest moments. That is why it will be tough for anyone to catch Brady. He has 6 game winning drives in 6 of his 7 SB wins including the biggest comeback in SB history. He also has won with 2 different teams in both conferences, only QB to do that. Even Jordan does not have that on his resume. Brady has lapped Manning and Rodgers and everyone else by every measure possible and he's still going.
[Reply]
Bugeater 01:29 PM 02-25-2021
People have Jordan as the GOAT specifically because he 3-peated twice and he was super clutch throughout. That is the same for Brady. The great of the greats are always judged by how they perform in the biggest games, biggest moments. That is why it will be tough for anyone to catch Brady. He has 6 game winning drives in 6 of his 7 SB wins including the biggest comeback in SB history. He also has won with 2 different teams in both conferences, only QB to do that. Even Jordan does not have that on his resume. Brady has lapped Manning and Rodgers and everyone else by every measure possible and he's still going.
You still have a little on your chin, bro.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 02:27 PM 02-25-2021
Jordan was easily the best player in his sport for almost all of his career, and is still the best to ever step on a court, unless you're a LeBron ballwasher. Brady has never been the best QB in the league, let alone the best player overall.
[Reply]
JakeF 02:41 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
If there was ever a year to lose a Super Bowl, this was it. The loss sucked, but the lack of packed stadiums made the postseason far less entertaining than usual. That was magnified during the Super Bowl, where the crowd is always a watered-down amorphous blob of casual fans anyway. The Bucs won the game and basically heard golf claps after.

2022 will be a great year to win another.
yea, but you only get so many shots at it. I want Mahomes to be considered the best ever. That only happens with multiple super bowl wins. Every super bowl loss drops his status a bit. Montana didn't lose a single super bowl. Now Mahomes will have to win several more than Montana to makeup for the loss.

I guess i'm just hung up on Mahomes being the best. :-)
[Reply]
GoForIt 02:50 PM 02-25-2021
Jordan was easily the best player in his sport for almost all of his career, and is still the best to ever step on a court, unless you're a LeBron ballwasher. Brady has never been the best QB in the league, let alone the best player overall.
Brady was league MVP 3 times.

But again Jordan is the GOAT because of the 2 three peats and his clutch play. That is how the greats of the greats are judged and why Lebron has not caught him yet.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 02:51 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
yea, but you only get so many shots at it. I want Mahomes to be considered the best ever. That only happens with multiple super bowl wins. Every super bowl loss drops his status a bit. Montana didn't lose a single super bowl. Now Mahomes will have to win several more than Montana to makeup for the loss.

I guess i'm just hung up on Mahomes being the best. :-)
For a franchise that languished in the playoffs for 50 years.......I'll take what we have right now and not get hung up on player ratings, etc.

Enjoy the ride....
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 02:59 PM 02-25-2021
Brady was league MVP 3 times.

But again Jordan is the GOAT because of the 2 three peats and his clutch play. That is how the greats of the greats are judged and why Lebron has not caught him yet.
League MVPs are a moot point. Lamar Jackson won one, and he's barely a QB at all.

People who didn't watch Jordan in real time judge him only by his three-peats and clutch plays. Those of us who watched him intently since 1984 know much of his greatness is due to consistently elite-level performances...game after game, year after year, regular and postseason. Brady rarely had to carry his team, and Jordan did so for his entire Bulls career.
[Reply]
GoForIt 03:04 PM 02-25-2021
League MVPs are a moot point. Lamar Jackson won one, and he's barely a QB at all.

People who didn't watch Jordan in real time judge him only by his three-peats and clutch plays. Those of us who watched him intently since 1984 know much of his greatness is due to consistently elite-level performances...game after game, year after year, regular and postseason. Brady rarely had to carry his team, and Jordan did so for his entire Bulls career.
3 of them are not moot.

I watched Jordan. I agree he was great but he would never have entered the Goat discussion without the 2 three peats. He lost a lot early in his career to the Celtics and Pistons despite playing spectacularly. Talent is one thing, winning chips is a whole other matter. Those are the stakes to becoming the Goat.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:06 PM 02-25-2021

That's so fucking accurate. The three-peat and the 1997 flu game were a culmination of his greatness, and yes, those Bulls teams were STACKED with Pippen and Kukoc and Rodman and Longley...but for the majority of his Bulls career, it was Jordan and no one else, from the 80s into the mid 90s, easily a decade or more...

Fuck Tom Brady.
[Reply]
BlackOp 03:08 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

[Reply]
wachashi 03:20 PM 02-25-2021
What part of Tom Brady's game - I'm talking his skill set, and his ability - is better than prime Peyton Manning?
[Reply]
Page 23 of 28
« First < 131920212223 24252627 > Last »
Up