ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 28
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Brady received 27 PI calls in 2020
BlackOp 04:15 PM 02-11-2021
Buccaneers were the beneficiary of 27 PI calls this 2020 season, Kansas City received 4.

No other team had more than 19 (Miami/Pittsburgh) and 28 teams had less than 15.

Buccaneers were the beneficiary of 12 PI last year with Winston throwing for over 5000 yards...

Brady's Bucs received 15 more PI calls than the same team did last season...and set an NFL record.

Brady had 12 more PI calls than 28 other teams....16 more than 21 teams. He was essentially getting twice the PI calls of nearly every other franchise...and 7 times the amount as Mahomes.

25 teams had 11 or less...

Numbers dont lie...only the media about Brady's "greatness"

Chiefs were called for 2 PIs in one quarter of the SB...they only had their opponents flagged 4 times all year.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:46 PM 02-23-2021
It's AMAZING! And it only took Tom Brady going to TB to make it happen!

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/bucs...ki-data-crunch

Want to see more??

https://www.nflpenalties.com/index.p...019&view=total

In 2019, the Tampa Bay Bucs were the MOST (as in #1) penalized team in the league. They committed 133 penalties for 1111 yards! And then Tom Brady signs with the Bucs. This year, only 84 penalties for 715 yards (good for 20th in the league in penalties).

Look at all that discipline on defense that Tom Brady brought to the Bucs JUST by signing him. Truly IMPRESSIVE!
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:48 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by GoForIt:
Did you watch the game? The Chiefs were completely outclassed on both sides of the ball which is why there were holding calls by the Oline and DBs and many that were not called. Barrett was in a head lock most of the game as was JPP. You won't find a bigger mismatch on the lines unless you go back to the 80s when the NFC used to crush the AFC every year.
Way to avoid my question and your bullshit premise from your previous post.

Tapout acknowledged.
[Reply]
GoForIt 12:51 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
I know. Can you imagine TB12 behind that line against THAT pass rush?

Tom Brady is only elite when there is no pressure. As soon as there is any pressure, he withers. He also has a great propensity for check downs.

Brady is clutch, and he is competitive. He does not belong with other clutch competitors like Rogers, Mahomes, and Wilson who also have the athletic ability to avoid the pass rush, look downfield, and throw off platform dimes.

I know you're a big fan of his and I'm sorry, but he just doesn't belong to that elite class of passers.
I guess you have not watched Brady for the last 20 years. He faced a tougher defense when he played Denver in 2015 (Barrett was a back up on that D, that is how good it was) and was within a 2 point conversion of tying the game at the end.

I have not read through your threads discussing the game but running sideways and backwards for almost 500 yards is not how you play QB. Mahomes is still young so he will learn. But the Bucs were begging him to run the ball with the 2 deep safety look all game. Brady would have audibled to the run just he did vs the Saints in the divisional round then they played 2 deep safeties and effectively took away the deep ball.

Brady is so cerebral pre-snap that there is no defense he won't figure out. Did you hear Kelce say to him after the game that he knew Brady would figure them out? Took 2 drives for him to destroy the Chiefs secondary. Mahomes will get there eventually. He really needs to because if he keeps playing his current style the injuries will continue to mount and his career prime will be drastically shortened. Also, the Chiefs really need to get legit 2 and 3 receivers. After Hill, the weapons are meh.
[Reply]
Pants 12:59 PM 02-23-2021
I guess you have not watched Brady for the last 20 years. He faced a tougher defense when he played Denver in 2015 (Barrett was a back up on that D, that is how good it was) and was within a 2 point conversion of tying the game at the end.

I have not read through your threads discussing the game but running sideways and backwards for almost 500 yards is not how you play QB. Mahomes is still young so he will learn. But the Bucs were begging him to run the ball with the 2 deep safety look all game. Brady would have audibled to the run just he did vs the Saints in the divisional round then they played 2 deep safeties and effectively took away the deep ball.

Brady is so cerebral pre-snap that there is no defense he won't figure out. Did you hear Kelce say to him after the game that he knew Brady would figure them out? Took 2 drives for him to destroy the Chiefs secondary. Mahomes will get there eventually. He really needs to because if he keeps playing his current style the injuries will continue to mount and his career prime will be drastically shortened. Also, the Chiefs really need to get legit 2 and 3 receivers. After Hill, the weapons are meh.
Exactly. That's the difference right there and precisely my point.

Brady would have audibled to a run over and over and over and lost the game.

Patrick took in upon himself to give his team a fighting chance. A couple shitty calls fewer and a couple of drops being caught and we are looking at a very different game.

Listen, I get it. Brady has 7 rings. I get what you're doing.

If I'm starting a team and get to pick any current quarterback playing in their prime, Brady would not be my first, second, third, or fourth choice, though.

I'm not talking shit, it just is what it is.
[Reply]
GoForIt 01:02 PM 02-23-2021
Exactly. That's the difference right there and precisely my point.

Brady would have audibled to a run over and over and over and lost the game.

Patrick took in upon himself to give his team a fighting chance. A couple shitty calls fewer and a couple of drops being caught and we are looking at a very different game.

Listen, I get it. Brady has 7 rings. I get what you're doing.

If I'm starting a team and get to pick any current quarterback playing in their prime, Brady would not be my first, second, third, or fourth choice, though.

I'm not talking shit, it just is what it is.
What fighting chance? It was 21-6 at the half! Mahomes scored 3 points the entire second half and that was with the Bucs playing soft in the 4th quarter.
[Reply]
Pants 01:06 PM 02-23-2021
What fighting chance? It was 21-6 at the half! Mahomes scored 3 points the entire second half and that was with the Bucs playing soft in the 4th quarter.
A more of a fighting chance than running the ball would have given them, obviously. Is that really something you don't understand or are you being intellectually dishonest?

You can't ignore the dropped balls hitting the receivers' hands and facemasks and the shitty ref calls when you bring up that score.

If I'm starting a team and get to pick any current quarterback playing in their prime, Brady would not be my first, second, third, or fourth choice. He's just not.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 01:27 PM 02-23-2021
It was 14-6-7 at the half.
[Reply]
GoForIt 01:28 PM 02-23-2021
A more of a fighting chance than running the ball would have given them, obviously. Is that really something you don't understand or are you being intellectually dishonest?

You can't ignore the dropped balls hitting the receivers' hands and facemasks and the shitty ref calls when you bring up that score.

If I'm starting a team and get to pick any current quarterback playing in their prime, Brady would not be my first, second, third, or fourth choice. He's just not.
Losing by 22 is not a fighting chance. Running the ball would have kept the rush off of Mahomes and allowed for play action. That is what 2 deep safeties is begging the QB to do - run. The Bucs were willing to give up the run but Mahomes was smart enough to take it when it was there except for the opening drive of the third quarter.

You don't have to pick Brady but then you won't have 7 rings either. Suit yourself.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:32 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
It was 10-6-11 at the half.
FYP
[Reply]
Pants 01:37 PM 02-23-2021
Losing by 22 is not a fighting chance. Running the ball would have kept the rush off of Mahomes and allowed for play action. That is what 2 deep safeties is begging the QB to do - run. The Bucs were willing to give up the run but Mahomes was smart enough to take it when it was there except for the opening drive of the third quarter.

You don't have to pick Brady but then you won't have 7 rings either. Suit yourself.
Mahomes gave them a fighting chance by delivering catchable passes under extreme pressure. Running the ball would have been playing into the TB's hands even more and would have been a surefire way to lose. Brady would do that because he would have no other choice there. It's not a positive for him but rather a negative.

It's also not Mahomes' fault Bardy's teams get helped by refs.
[Reply]
GoForIt 01:43 PM 02-23-2021
Mahomes gave them a fighting chance by delivering catchable passes under extreme pressure. Running the ball would have been playing into the TB's hands even more and would have been a surefire way to lose. Brady would do that because he would have no other choice there. It's not a positive for him but rather a negative.

It's also not Mahomes' fault Bardy's teams get helped by refs.
FYI - when you are running 500 yards backwards and sideways on a foot that will need surgery when the game ends, it is best to try a new strategy. It is also not Mahomes fault that Brady is the GOAT.
[Reply]
PHOG 02:13 PM 02-23-2021
Oh look, another Pat transplant. :-)
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 02:16 PM 02-23-2021
Someone left the bascule bridge up
[Reply]
Pants 03:08 PM 02-23-2021
FYI - when you are running 500 yards backwards and sideways on a foot that will need surgery when the game ends, it is best to try a new strategy. It is also not Mahomes fault that Brady is the GOAT.
Mahomes doesn't have the same self-preservation switch that Brady has. He doesn't shutdown in the face of pressure like Brady would. Mahomes wants to win at all costs and has been gifted with elite athletic ability to enable him to at least try. We keep arriving at the same spot.

I am not even sure what you're saying. Eventually, Brady's legacy will be the same as Bill Russell's. He will forever have the most rings. Good for him.

Even today, some people consider Manning to be the better QB of his era. Rodgers is certainly a better QB. Mahomes will be too. None of them will ever have as many rings as Tom Brady, so he definitely has that going for him.
[Reply]
GoForIt 03:18 PM 02-23-2021
Mahomes doesn't have the same self-preservation switch that Brady has. He doesn't shutdown in the face of pressure like Brady would. Mahomes wants to win at all costs and has been gifted with elite athletic ability to enable him to at least try. We keep arriving at the same spot.

I am not even sure what you're saying. Eventually, Brady's legacy will be the same as Bill Russell's. He will forever have the most rings. Good for him.

Even today, some people consider Manning to be the better QB of his era. Rodgers is certainly a better QB. Mahomes will be too. None of them will ever have as many rings as Tom Brady, so he definitely has that going for him.
Brady will have the most everything as soon as next season. Most wins, most stats in all major passing categories for both the regular season and post-season, most rings, most champ game appearances, most starts. He basically is a franchise all unto himself.

All of the QBs are a footnote to his legacy. Folks can talk about the talents of all the other QBs but none will come close to Brady in terms of using those talents to win the most at the highest level. The chasm between him and everyone else is enormous and unlike Russell, he did it during the toughest era of the NFL to win consistently.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 28
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Up