ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 319
« First < 414748495051 5253545561101151 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
O.city 09:48 PM 02-11-2021
He’s a good LT. You find those in the first round, usually early.

Once you get one you keep them.

Fisher isn’t going anywhere
[Reply]
O.city 09:50 PM 02-11-2021
You definitely don’t move on from a good solid left tackle unless or until you have a replacement.

They’ll patch it together if they have to until he’s back. Hell he may be back by training camp.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:53 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
One more time:

You CANNOT cut an injured player.

Fisher and Schwartz are under contract and will be back unless they agree to something else.
Really? When was the last time Schwartz took the field? Fisher has a torn Achilles. What "VALUE" are they to the team? They are beyond "DONE". Ok you CAN NOT CUT an injured player but there must be a work around. These two will NEVER be the same. Put them on IR and wait it out - continue to move forward. I am not happy with this by any means but lets be real here. SEE SB LV! Mahomes and the OLINE got their SHIT pushed in in an unwelcomed way!

#500,000,000 QB - PROTECT HIM and give him time in the pocket!
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:54 PM 02-11-2021
The bottom line is that the Chiefs really don't have any options that allow them to make a clean break.

Injury settlements are for guys that are permanently injured and really can't play anymore. Schwartz is likely to reach an injury settlement with the team and retire.

The Chiefs cannot cut Eric Fisher - he's hurt. His injury is not chronic nor career-ending so he has no reason to negotiate a settlement. He has all the leverage in his contract situation. All he has to do is play out his contract and the Chiefs are on the hook for his $15M cap hit.

If they want cap relief now, they have to extend him. That's all there is to it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:55 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Really? When was the last time Schwartz took the field? Fisher has a torn Achilles. What "VALUE" are they to the team? They are beyond "DONE". Ok you CAN NOT CUT an injured player but there must be a work around. These two will NEVER be the same. Put them on IR and wait it out - continue to move forward. I am not happy with this by any means but lets be real here. SEE SB LV! Mahomes and the OLINE got their SHIT pushed in in an unwelcomed way!

Put them on IR and wait it out? While they eat up over $20M in cap money? How are you going to replace them when you don't have any money?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:56 PM 02-11-2021
We really need an o line bad!!

Patrick Mahomes never had a chance.... pic.twitter.com/WrAB5D93AX

— BLACK ADAM SCHEFTER (@B1ackSchefter) February 12, 2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:58 PM 02-11-2021
We need o-line bad? Since when?

This is brand new news!
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 09:58 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Stryker:

DJ was still a top linebacker after he tore his first Achilles at an older age then Fisher. It was the 2nd that did him in.
[Reply]
mkp785 10:04 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I have a feeling he will. I don't think he'll ever be the same.

It's the Fisher situation that sucks.

I know everybody wants to just start clean but that ain't happening.
We're keeping Fisher imo. Franchise LT don't just appear. Tho with what's happening in Baltimore makes me wish that we could make that happen somehow. I'm guessing someone like the Jags or maybe even the chargers pull the trigger on that one
[Reply]
New World Order 10:05 PM 02-11-2021
Bring in the fatties
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:08 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
We're keeping Fisher imo. Franchise LT don't just appear. Tho with what's happening in Baltimore makes me wish that we could make that happen somehow. I'm guessing someone like the Jags or maybe even the chargers pull the trigger on that one
Yeah, getting a young top-flight tackle would be a dream come true. But like you, I believe they're going to do whatever it takes to keep Fisher.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:10 PM 02-11-2021
I don’t get this discussion with Fisher. He’s back or not. Top LT or not. We need more help than Fisher. 90% of the posters here hated the doctor. Now, he’s a crucial piece of the rebuilt OL? Another 90% hate our C. Those big dudes with back problems never get better. Schwartz is a big Q.

If we count on all this ? Mark’s to pan out, we are going to be right back where we were. A 6th/7th rounder ain’t helping us this year. We are going to have to spend FA money and or a high draft pick to get more talent into the OL.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:15 PM 02-11-2021
Personally, I would prefer taking one of the talented tackles in the 2nd, play Niang at RT, signing someone like Jason Peters as a stop-gap, and when Fisher returns, play the best two.

After the season, you can move Fisher or one of the others that played well for picks next year.

Or keep all three and the #3 guy is your swing tackle. It's not like we probably won't need him to play.

I get that others think that's too much depth at OT, but after this season I'd rather not leave it to chance.

But no, we can't go sign a killer FA LT. Not even a middle tier guy. We just can't.

It's draftees, guys on their last legs, and coaching up late picks and UDFA's. Those are our realistic options.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:16 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I don’t get this discussion with Fisher. He’s back or not. Top LT or not. We need more help than Fisher. 90% of the posters her hated the doctor. Now, he’s a crucial piece of the rebuilt OL? Another 90% hate our C. Those big dudes with back problems never get better. Schwartz is a big Q.

If we count on all this ? Mark’s to pan out, we are going to be right back where we were. A 6th/7th rounder ain’t helping us this year. We are going to have to spend FA money and or a high draft pick to get more talent into the OL.
First of all, don't confuse what people want with what they think might actually happen.

Second, it isn't that simple with Fisher.

Fisher is injured so they really can't do anything in regards to him NOT being here. They can't cut him.

So they can either keep him on his current contract at a $15M cap hit in 2021 or they can extend him, which lowers his 2021 cap hit but puts them on the hook for his contract beyond 2021.

If they extend him, they aren't likely to replace him. They'll find some stop-gap to to fill in until he's healthy.

Third, I don't think anybody thinks LDT is a crucial part of the rebuild. What they do think is that he's under contract and the Chiefs gain nothing by replacing him this year.

This isn't Madden. They're not going to gut the line and start over in one offseason. It's not going to happen, no matter what we want.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:17 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Personally, I would prefer taking one of the talented tackles in the 2nd, play Niang at RT, signing someone like Jason Peters as a stop-gap, and when Fisher returns, play the best two.

After the season, you can move Fisher or one of the others that played well for picks next year.

Or keep all three and the #3 guy is your swing tackle. It's not like we probably won't need him to play.

I get that others think that's too much depth at OT, but after this season I'd rather not leave it to chance.

But no, we can't go sign a killer FA LT. Not even a middle tier guy. We just can't.

It's draftees, guys on their last legs, and coaching up late picks and UDFA's. Those are our realistic options.
Yep. It is what it is.
[Reply]
Page 51 of 319
« First < 414748495051 5253545561101151 > Last »
Up