ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 319
« First < 384445464748 495051525898148 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:47 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Toad:
Sure he could, but there are benefits to him signing a +1 year extension. It allows him to recover in 2021 (at a reduced rate / reduced playing time) and then get paid in 2022 in the added contract year.

A team may not be willing to pay him his full value in 2022 if he cannot fully recover in 2021.

He doesn’t have ANY leverage if he can’t make it on the field...
He has no reason to accept a deal like that right now if he's confident he can recover.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:59 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Seriously, :-) , I have experience with this injury. I know what I am talking about.
Nice to see you are an asshole.
I am taking the information from a strength and conditioning coach that use to work for the Chiefs that says just the opposite. He was recently on with BJ Kissel and Nick Leckey Podcast and stated what I posted.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:02 PM 02-11-2021
We need a new LT and RT. End of story.
[Reply]
penguinz 07:02 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Nice to see you are an asshole.
I am taking the information from a strength and conditioning coach that use to work for the Chiefs that says just the opposite. He was recently on with BJ Kissel and Nick Leckey Podcast and stated what I posted.
And you just explained why he is a former strength coach.
[Reply]
Toad 07:05 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He has no reason to accept a deal like that right now if he's confident he can recover.
...and if he (or more importantly his doctor) is not confident?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:15 PM 02-11-2021
Well, if Veach and Reid feel like Fisher can come back and play well at some point then that would change things a bit. You could sign Peters to hold the fort and hope for the best. Pencil in Niang at RT. RE-sign Remmers as super-sub/insurance policy.

Still need a Center. Maybe a LG.

I'd probably nab Britt if he's healthy. Osemele if he can go, if not, Alegretti and Rankin can fight it out.

By December with some luck maybe we're in decent shape. Bad luck and we're fucked.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:22 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well, if Veach and Reid feel like Fisher can come back and play well at some point then that would change things a bit. You could sign Peters to hold the fort and hope for the best. Pencil in Niang at RT. RE-sign Remmers as super-sub/insurance policy.

Still need a Center. Maybe a LG.

I'd probably nab Britt if he's healthy. Osemele if he can go, if not, Alegretti and Rankin can fight it out.

By December with some luck maybe we're in decent shape. Bad luck and we're fucked.
Hope they'll be way more proactive than that.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:27 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Hope they'll be way more proactive than that.
way more?

It would be four new starters over the Super Bowl squad.

with a couple of drafted guys that may or may not start, with cheap veterans to hold the fort until they're ready.

We literally don't have the cap room to do much more.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:29 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
way more?

It would be four new starters over the Super Bowl squad.

with a couple of drafted guys that may or may not start, with cheap veterans to hold the fort until they're ready.

We literally don't have the cap room to do much more.
Yeah, no. I'm not too excited about the prospect of Peters and Britt being the big additions and letting the scrubs fight it out.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:38 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Toad:
...and if he (or more importantly his doctor) is not confident?
Nobody is really going to know until probably the summer.

His deal has to be re-done well before then.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:44 PM 02-11-2021
Yup

Think the Chiefs would benefit from a strong route runner. Someone who can always get open on key 3rd downs. If they are gonna be a shotgun spread team that's an element that is lacking a bit

— Chris Simms (@CSimmsQB) February 12, 2021

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:46 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
And you just explained why he is a former strength coach.
He now owns his own Rehab center in Kansas City.
[Reply]
penguinz 07:50 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
He now owns his own Rehab center in Kansas City.
That does not mean he is an expert in Achilles reconstruction and recovery.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:51 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yup

Simms knows what he's talking about.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:54 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yeah, no. I'm not too excited about the prospect of Peters and Britt being the big additions and letting the scrubs fight it out.
That's just the thing, what more can they do?

With the Fisher situation being in limbo, it's going to somewhat hamstring what they can do both in the draft and in free agency.
[Reply]
Page 48 of 319
« First < 384445464748 495051525898148 > Last »
Up