ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 148 of 319
« First < 4898138144145146147148 149150151152158198248 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:11 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I am for......anything really. I don't have a passionate pick in this fight yet.

Trade up for OL? Im good with that. Stand pat for a DE? Sounds like a plan. Throw more weapons at Mahomes? COOL! A boss-ass LB? SURE!

We have a QB. Everything else is just gravy.
You're speaking my language
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:14 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I agree.

I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed come May that they "didn't do enough" for the offensive line.

I expect a fairly high profile FA signing and maybe some depth / scrub signings, as well as one high-isn pick (maybe 2nd round) and one later.

Overall, I expect we'll get ONE starter out of the whole process (the one high profile FA) and people are going to be upset that they've pencilled in Fisher and Schwartz to start the season.
man, that's a LOT to address the offensive line. I would've been happy with that before Veach reported that he expected both Fisher and Schwartz back. As it stands, I'd be thrilled.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:15 PM 03-04-2021
I wouldn't HATE a small move-up to grab Jenkens or Jalen Mayfield, both of whom are versatile enough to play G if both Fisher and Schwartz can play and both with enough upside and potential to handle LT.

It would be an understandable pick. It would be a defensible choice.

I think the only thing I wouldn't get, given all their needs, is the idea of taking a LB at 31 or even taking a LB in the top 2 rounds. DE, OT, C, WR, and CB all slot up as more critical needs.

I agree.

I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed come May that they "didn't do enough" for the offensive line.

I expect a fairly high profile FA signing and maybe some depth / scrub signings, as well as one high-isn pick (maybe 2nd round) and one later.

Overall, I expect we'll get ONE starter out of the whole process (the one high profile FA) and people are going to be upset that they've pencilled in Fisher and Schwartz to start the season.

Yeah, if they get a C (Cory Linsley, Nick Martin) and a swing tackle and then add T with upside early in the draft (even if it's Little or Hudson), that's a major allocation of resources whether people realize it or not.

I mean, that line could look like this by the playoffs:

Fisher-ROOKIE/Niang-Linsley-LDT/Rookie/Niang-Schwartz

Which would likely be the best OL Mahomes has had in the playoffs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:19 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
man, that's a LOT to address the offensive line. I would've been happy with that before Veach reported that he expected both Fisher and Schwartz back. As it stands, I'd be thrilled.
I personally think that's a lot too and wouldn't be surprised to see them do less, especially if they tender Wylie, for example.

But so many people want new starting tackles plus everything else, I think it's going to end up being a common gripe.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:19 PM 03-04-2021
I agree.

I mean, with LDT coming back, that's one spot upgraded if you let Wylie walk.
If Osemele passes a physical, you could get him on a cheap one year deal. He was looking GREAT until he got hurt. If not, Alegretti was not a problem.

you could sign old man Peters as LT insurance/swing man in case Niang isn't ready and Fisher needs a little time.

And you really just need an upgrade at C for day one. If Britt's healthy, he'd be an upgrade over Reiter. If you draft a Humphrey or a Myers you're set.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:21 PM 03-04-2021
I am for......anything really. I don't have a passionate pick in this fight yet.

Trade up for OL? Im good with that. Stand pat for a DE? Sounds like a plan. Throw more weapons at Mahomes? COOL! A boss-ass LB? SURE!

I am with you and there are far more knowledgeable people here in regard to alot of this so I will defer to them.

BUT our goal every year should be to make sure Pat stays upright and healthy and what happened to him in the SB should never happen again.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:23 PM 03-04-2021
I personally think that's a lot too and wouldn't be surprised to see them do less, especially if they tender Wylie, for example.

But so many people want new starting tackles plus everything else, I think it's going to end up being a common gripe.
man if Fisher and Schwartz can go and play like their regular selves then I'm not worried about OT in 2021 barring injuries.

I'm a little skeptical both can day one. That's why I like picking up Peters on a cheap deal as insurance. He wants another ring, and here he can get one as a fill-in/swing tackle/mentor for the younguns.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:23 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I think the only thing I wouldn't get, given all their needs, is the idea of taking a LB at 31 or even taking a LB in the top 2 rounds. DE, OT, C, WR, and CB all slot up as more critical needs.
I'm kind of there too. Not found of the idea of a LB but given Collins' unique skill set, it's at least forgivable.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:25 PM 03-04-2021
I mean, with LDT coming back, that's one spot upgraded if you let Wylie walk.
If Osemele passes a physical, you could get him on a cheap one year deal. He was looking GREAT until he got hurt. If not, Alegretti was not a problem.

you could sign old man Peters as LT insurance/swing man in case Niang isn't ready and Fisher needs a little time.

And you really just need an upgrade at C for day one. If Britt's healthy, he'd be an upgrade over Reiter. If you draft a Humphrey or a Myers you're set.
LDT sucks, Osemele won't ever play again, and Peters is over the hill.

I can already hear it, primarily because it's already been said. :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:26 PM 03-04-2021
:-) Signing Peters and Osemele as "insurance". Yeah, if you want the same type of insurance Britt Reid is going to be buying once he gets out of prison.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:29 PM 03-04-2021
LDT sucks, Osemele won't ever play again, and Peters is over the hill.

I can already hear it, primarily because it's already been said. :-)
well yeah. People didn't want Andy Reid, hated Spags, and didn't want Honey Badger either.

LDT is a slightly above average starter, in my opinion. He's not a PLUS player, but you don't have to help him.

Osemele may not be his former self. But he's working hard to get on the field again, according to some video posted a while back. Even if he doesn't play again, Alegretti looked like an average to slightly above average starter; a more physical LDT. That's fine. He's not a problem.

I just want to upgrade from Reiter and Wylie as starters mostly.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:31 PM 03-04-2021
well yeah. People didn't want Andy Reid, hated Spags, and didn't want Honey Badger either.

LDT is a slightly above average starter, in my opinion. He's not a PLUS player, but you don't have to help him.

Osemele may not be his former self. But he's working hard to get on the field again, according to some video posted a while back. Even if he doesn't play again, Alegretti looked like an average to slightly above average starter; a more physical LDT. That's fine. He's not a problem.

I just want to upgrade from Reiter and Wylie as starters mostly.
In the end, it's not really about what I want. They're going to do what they think needs to be done, regardless of my feelings on it.

That's why I will always continue to maintain what I think is realistic, because that's really all that matters in the end.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:32 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Signing Peters and Osemele as "insurance". Yeah, if you want the same type of insurance Britt Reid is going to be buying once he gets out of prison.
they're over the hill vets that may have a little left in the tank. If you're expecting them to start 19 games, then no, you don't want to do that. If you need them to spot start and fill-in, then they're exactly what you want to grab on cheap one year deals.

I don't think you understand what I mean by insurance. I wouldn't give either big money, and I wouldn't be expecting either to start for 19 games. I would be signing them as experienced depth.

*I look at it more like when we picked up Suggs for the stretch run in 2019. I wouldn't have wanted to rely on him for a full season, but he was helpful. This stretch where we might need a little bridge will be early in the season is all.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:34 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
It’s not like you’d be relying on either guy for the entire season.

For somebody that wants to focus on OL, you sure are picky and have unrealistic expectations.
[Reply]
Pants 12:36 PM 03-04-2021

This is exactly where I'm at as well.

I am not a huge fan of the strong "DRAFT THIS POSITION AT 31 NO MATTER WHAT" stances.

Get the BPA in one of those 4 categories and let's go!
[Reply]
Page 148 of 319
« First < 4898138144145146147148 149150151152158198248 > Last »
Up