ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 144 of 319
« First < 4494134140141142143144 145146147148154194244 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Sofa King 03:27 PM 03-03-2021
Agreed. We can move on from the thought of Hitchens getting cut. He's not going anywhere.
[Reply]
Pants 03:34 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Looks like there's going to be lots of players getting cut next week. I'll be interested to see who we can add on one-year deals to fill holes at OL, DE, WR etc.

I feel bad for the players but I can't wait for all the excitement as a fan.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:35 PM 03-03-2021
Oh, I don't think he's going anywhere and don't want him to.

Just saying, seeing a lot of guys in his tier get whacked gives the Chiefs some leverage in reducing his contract/re-working his contract (Similar to Watkins before 2020).
[Reply]
staylor26 03:36 PM 03-03-2021
Sounds like it’s going to be a good offseason to shop out of the bargain bin.

Veach is going to get 2-3 guys that will help open up our draft a little.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:42 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I don’t see it with Hitchens getting cut. Like him or not, they clearly love him when you listen to Spags. He’s a captain. Got better in the system this year.
Sure, it would be great to have an upgrade at the position but if Hitchens is the weakest link on your defense, that's a pretty damn good defense.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:44 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Sounds like it’s going to be a good offseason to shop out of the bargain bin.

Veach is going to get 2-3 guys that will help open up our draft a little.
He talked specifically about that in his presser.

Feels the allure of playing with Pat and Andy with a shot to win a ring will help a few players come to KC on absurd type bargain deals because nobody will have money.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:00 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:

Feels the allure of playing with Pat and Andy with a shot to win a ring will help a few players come to KC on absurd type bargain deals because nobody will have money.
KC has a huge advantage once players aren't offered the $$$ they were hoping for.

Let's nail FA and the draft and go win another Super Bowl.
[Reply]
New World Order 05:12 PM 03-03-2021
What WR do you all think Burt will try to acquire?
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:20 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:

Yeah, a lot of players are going to have to settle for lesser contracts.

That gives good teams the advantage because if you're forced to take a lesser deal anyway, would you want to play for a loser or a bubble team?

Gonna be a fun offseason I think.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:47 AM 03-04-2021
Anyone interested in Ryan Kerrigan?

He could be a low cost but productive option at DE, IMO
[Reply]
O.city 09:55 AM 03-04-2021
I woudln't mind it. I'd actually throw numbers at the pass rushing spots. Draft, FA, both.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:11 AM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I woudln't mind it. I'd actually throw numbers at the pass rushing spots. Draft, FA, both.
I think he could give us what Ogbah did, just be that guy to get through when Clark and Jones get bottled up
[Reply]
RunKC 10:38 AM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Spags loves having a deep DL.

2019-Clark, Okafor, Ogbah, drafted Saunders
2020-Charlton, drafted Danna, added Wharton

No doubt there’s gonna be some depth added. I think at least 2 DL will be added this spring
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:47 AM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I doubt it. The only person that would be hurt by that is him. There's really no reason for him to by overly hopeful unless the prognosis is reasonably good. He already has financial security for the rest of his life.
Because chiefs are targeting OL in the first round and don't want someone to trade back into the first and snag their guy?

Hey man, I hope Schwartz and Fisher are both back and kick ass. But the reality is all of this "We don't need a tackle!" talk is predicated on TWO guys coming back from historically terrible injuries and a second year guy who opted out and had a potentially degenerative hip issue.

Chiefs are going tackle early, and they can't go early enough. If that's second round, great, but I won't be shocked if it's 1.31 or trading down into the top of the 2nd round, getting an extra pick and taking a tackle with their first pick.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:49 AM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Because chiefs are targeting OL in the first round and don't want someone to trade back into the first and snag their guy?

Hey man, I hope Schwartz and Fisher are both back and kick ass. But the reality is all of this "We don't need a tackle!" talk is predicated on TWO guys coming back from historically terrible injuries and a second year guy who opted out and had a potentially degenerative hip issue.

Chiefs are going tackle early, and they can't go early enough. If that's second round, great, but I won't be shocked if it's 1.31 or trading down into the top of the 2nd round, getting an extra pick and taking a tackle with their first pick.
Reaching for an OT in the first one when there’s better talent on the board is how you fuck over your team. If he’s equal with other different positions than by all means....take that OT and be good with it. If he’s the 12th rated OT and you pass on the 3rd rated DE....then that’s fucking stupid.
[Reply]
Page 144 of 319
« First < 4494134140141142143144 145146147148154194244 > Last »
Up