ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 319
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:41 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Last year says otherwise.

Last year's line wasn't perfect but they DID beat the 49ers, who had by far the best pass rush in the league.

The sky is not falling. They don't need 5 new starters. They need a couple and they need better depth. They need everybody to stay healthy.

Take a deep breath man, it's nearly as bad as you're making out to be. Yes, it was embarrassing but it's going to be when you're playing in the Super Bowl with your starting center and 4 backups.
And as I've said multiple times already this assumption that Fisher and Schwartz will just ride in on white horses next season ready to save the OL is fucking bananas to me. I certainly hope the FO doesn't operate under that assumption for Mahomes sake.
[Reply]
Pants 08:42 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
And as I've said multiple times already this assumption that Fisher and Schwartz will just ride in on white horses next season ready to save the OL is fucking bananas to me. I certainly hope the FO doesn't operate under that assumption for Mahomes sake.
Well, Mitch is definitely not riding in on any horses.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:44 PM 02-09-2021
They won't. Relax.

I'm sure they know Schwartz is questionable to even come back at all.

And I'm sure they'll have a contingency plan if they need to sub for Fisher for a few weeks to start the season. And they'll certainly have a plan if it looks like he won't be back at all.

Free agency doesn't start for another month. Draft visits haven't started yet. They need to figure out what's up with Schwartz and what they're going to do about Fisher's contract. Once they've done that, I'm sure they put a plan in place to address it.

I mean, what makes anyone think they're gong to stand pat after what they did after the AFCCG?

They're going to be aggressive, that's Veach's MO. That doesn't mean they're going to overhaul the entire offensive line. That's cost prohibitive. It's probably a 2-season project at this point but they'll make moves.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:50 PM 02-09-2021
His plans better not involve Britt Reid

Chiefs placed OLB coach Britt Reid on administrative leave after he was involved in a 3-car accident last week that left a five-year-old girl in critical condition.https://t.co/AlyjEWn5ys

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 10, 2021

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:52 PM 02-09-2021
They won't. Relax.

I'm sure they know Schwartz is questionable to even come back at all.

And I'm sure they'll have a contingency plan if they need to sub for Fisher for a few weeks to start the season. And they'll certainly have a plan if it looks like he won't be back at all.

Free agency doesn't start for another month. Draft visits haven't started yet. They need to figure out what's up with Schwartz and what they're going to do about Fisher's contract. Once they've done that, I'm sure they put a plan in place to address it.

I mean, what makes anyone think they're gong to stand pat after what they did after the AFCCG?

They're going to be aggressive, that's Veach's MO. That doesn't mean they're going to overhaul the entire offensive line. That's cost prohibitive. It's probably a 2-season project at this point but they'll make moves.
Nah, I don't agree. After that disaster of a performance Veach is going to treat that OL like the 2018 defense. Complete overhaul as fast as possible. Not wasting the rest of Mahomes cheap seasons with an OL group like that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:53 PM 02-09-2021
Nah, I don't agree. After that disaster of a performance Veach is going to treat that OL like the 2018 defense. Complete overhaul as fast as possible. Not wasting the rest of Mahomes cheap seasons with an OL group like that.
They didn't replace an entire unit. Through a combination of free agency and the draft, they changed out several pieces for sure but they didn't turn over the entire thing.

We're not going to have 5 new starting OL next year. It's not happening.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:55 PM 02-09-2021
They didn't replace an entire unit. Through a combination of free agency and the draft, they changed out several pieces for sure but they didn't turn over the entire thing.

We're not going to have 5 new starting OL next year. It's not happening.
We'll see. If they decide behind the scenes that Fisher and Schwartz are done it's going to be pretty damn close.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:03 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Recovery time is about 9 months.

He’ll probably start the season on PUP, but he could be back by October.

They obviously need to prepare for the worst, but I don’t think it’s crazy to say he should be back at some point.
Ortho websites say that it can be anywhere from 9 to 15 months and that it comes with a 26 to 39% never return to play. Looking at various ortho websites the mean is 339 days after the day of surgery to recover out of 71 players tracked.
We have a couple of examples of how these work out. Derrick Johnson and Eric Berry. I don't see how this team should move forward with the thought that Fisher is going to be back this year or even then that he would be the same player. That same player that then would be a FA.
[Reply]
mkp785 09:09 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
His plans better not involve Britt Reid

Hopefully that lump of shit is in jail come opening day.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:15 PM 02-09-2021
I wonder how much left Antonio callaway has
[Reply]
staylor26 09:17 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Ortho websites say that it can be anywhere from 9 to 15 months and that it comes with a 26 to 39% never return to play. Looking at various ortho websites the mean is 339 days after the day of surgery to recover out of 71 players tracked.
We have a couple of examples of how these work out. Derrick Johnson and Eric Berry. I don't see how this team should move forward with the thought that Fisher is going to be back this year or even then that he would be the same player. That same player that then would be a FA.
What part of “prepare for the worst” did you not understand?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:37 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
What part of “prepare for the worst” did you not understand?
Where did I say you were wrong?
Why can't a person expand on another person's post?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:48 PM 02-09-2021
We'll see. If they decide behind the scenes that Fisher and Schwartz are done it's going to be pretty damn close.
Im guessing we can pencil in Allegretti, LDT, and Niang as starters for Week 1.

I think we’ll sign a FA Mike Remmers-type tackle to start until Fisher is back.

I also think we draft a center or guard in the mid rounds. Maybe Allegretti moves over to center.

Wouldn’t expect much more of a change than that.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:50 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Where did I say you were wrong?
Why can't a person expand on another person's post?
Seemed like you were, but my bad then.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:05 PM 02-09-2021
And as I've said multiple times already this assumption that Fisher and Schwartz will just ride in on white horses next season ready to save the OL is ****ing bananas to me. I certainly hope the FO doesn't operate under that assumption for Mahomes sake.
Fisher tore his Achilles. He didn’t fucking die.

He’ll be back by Thanksgiving at the worst.

Get that fucker ready for the playoffs and let’s ride.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 319
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Up