ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 113 of 319
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123163213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:22 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
And his value took a huge nosedive since then...
Clowner is not going to be a Chief, come on.
[Reply]
O.city 10:26 AM 02-23-2021
I'm as big of a Clowney fan as anyone. Wouldn't want. He's not worth anything.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:28 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I’m not advocating signing him.

Just saying whoever does, isn’t going to have to break the bank to do so.

He’s had his chances to show his upside and never has.

I advocated signing him and drafting Sweat a couple offseasons ago when we traded for and signed Clark...but that ship has sailed.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:29 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
How the **** does KPass even count?

Dorsey and Sutton have nothing to do with Veach and Spags.

Saunders had an injury and got lost in the rotation because Wharton was a stud UDFA. How exactly is that a knock on Veach and the defensive staff?

Nnadi is a run stuffing NT. He’s great for what he’s asked to do.

Danna was an excellent late round find.

Let’s not forget how good they’ve been at finding guys in the bargain bin like Ogbah and Taco.

You’re “a little skeptical of their evaluation there” because you’re an idiot that doesn’t have a clue.
Oh look, the little bitch came right on cue. :-)
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:31 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I’ve personally had enough of overrated DEs who can’t get to the QB, Clowney would be even worse. Agreed.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:32 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Oh look, the little bitch came right on cue. :-)
Excellent rebuttal.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:51 AM 02-23-2021
Chiefs really need to sign players who are good and will play for cheap then draft players who are good. It’s pretty fucking simple, Burt.
[Reply]
old_geezer 11:01 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
The whole Speaks situation is crazy. Even out of position and overweight, he flashed some ability as a rookie and dropped weight and looked fit before getting cut and then nobody even gave him a shot in another system.

Did I miss something there? Did he have something off the field happen?

It’s odd that nobody picked him up.
After the Chiefs cut him he was signed and released by the Raiders and the Cowboys. He currently is on the Giants' squad.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 11:32 AM 02-23-2021
Does anyone think we could be aggressive and trade up to get a top edge rusher or OT? Hearing lots of talk that teams are wanting to trade down to stock up on future draft picks.

Is there anyone worth doing it for?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:36 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by Dull Tools:
Does anyone think we could be aggressive and trade up to get a top edge rusher or OT? Hearing lots of talk that teams are wanting to trade down to stock up on future draft picks.

Is there anyone worth doing it for?
Only if one of the top guys falls. If everybody wants to trade down, that's a pretty good idea of where the value is in the draft.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:07 PM 02-23-2021
You know with the way Andy operates I can totally see them taking an OT at 31 and rolling with them at LT until Fisher gets back, then have them play at G when Fisher returns at the end of the season.

Then next season they can play at RT and have Niang at G if/when Fisher is extended. As Andy says, the best 5 will play. Hell you could also let Fisher walk depending on how both tackles look. That gives us a ton of flexibility.

Some of you guys are wanting ridiculous things like paying out the ass for a Trent Williams. I just don’t think they do that.

Best way to solve LT problem short term and long term is to replenish with youth and cheap labor.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:11 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
You know with the way Andy operates I can totally see them taking an OT at 31 and rolling with them at LT until Fisher gets back, then have them play at G when Fisher returns at the end of the season.

Then next season they can play at RT and have Niang at G if/when Fisher is extended. As Andy says, the best 5 will play. Hell you could also let Fisher walk depending on how both tackles look. That gives us a ton of flexibility.

Some of you guys are wanting ridiculous things like paying out the ass for a Trent Williams. I just don’t think they do that.

Best way to solve LT problem short term and long term is to replenish with youth and cheap labor.
Which OT are you taking at #31 that’s going to step in day one and play LT in this offense?
[Reply]
RunKC 04:35 PM 02-23-2021
We already know that Sewell, Slater and Darrisaw will likely make up the top 20 picks. Then you’ve got Mayfield who is probably in that top 25 range.

Sam Cosmi is my favorite right now. 6’7”, very athletic, started 34 games w/ 13 at RT. He’d be great.

James Hudson has been getting a ton of love from everyone and people are now saying he can absolutely start at LT. Radunz is a very athletic tackle that has the length and versatility.

They could move up for Mayfield or Cosmi if they truly love them. Not a bad move considering the money you’d potentially free up from Schwartz and Fisher.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:47 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
From Matt Miller’s scouting notebook:

Gotta agree here. But good news is that this appears to be a pretty good FA class for pass rushers.

Lot of great options for us to get someone then take a project later in the draft.
Hmmm... I don't think so.

Christian Barmore, Daviyon Nixon, and Levi Onwuzurike are all very intriguing prospects at DT and any or all could go in round 1.

This edge class is light years better than last year's class. None are as complete a player as Chase Young and Joey Bosa were the past two years but the next 5 or 6 are better prospects than we've seen equivocally in that same span.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:52 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
One name I haven't really seen that we would probably have legit interest in is Haason Reddick.
Probably not. He needs to be a 3-4 OLB only.

6-1 235 isn't exactly the type you want consistently holding the edge in a 4-3.
[Reply]
Page 113 of 319
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123163213 > Last »
Up