ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 27
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>They are coming for the chop too
BigRedChief 06:16 PM 07-05-2020
The Kansas City Chiefs’ racist “Arrowhead Chop” has flown under the radar. Not anymore. The Kansas City Chiefs’ chant isn’t a tribute to people like me. It’s racist.

Rest of original post
Spoiler!

https://www.vox.com/first-person/202...fs-kansas-city

KC Star:
https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...244153762.html

Kansas City Magazine:
https://www.kansascitymag.com/is-the...s-who-you-ask/

Twitter has its own hashtag
https://mobile.twitter.com/chopisracist

NY Times: Stop the Chop
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/29/s...hawk-chop.html
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 09:54 AM 02-05-2021
Originally Posted by njchiefs:
It’s pretty simple. If something used by a minority of the majority is truly offensive to the majority of a minority, then get rid of it. As much as I would hate to see it go, we would survive it. So the questions remain: Is it offensive to the majority of the minority, and how do you enforce its abolition if so?
I honestly don't think a majority of Native Americans give a shit one way or another. At least not a generation ago. In today's world though, it's popular and even trendy to be outraged and victimized by something that has nothing to do with you. I realize that everyone has their passions, and I can't help but take sides with some over another. BUT...this is just some thing that fans do, it's not meant to be disrespectful.

It's one of those things that a loud and small (and probably well funded) minority are offended by. I just don't really care I guess. If the Chiefs stopped playing the music for the Chop, the fans will do it anyway, for about another decade, and it'll die off. That's the best the haters can hope for...before running off to fight their next in a never ending string of crusades against...whatever...

EDIT - The Chiefs know however that making this concession will open the door to forcing a name change...and they don't want to do that...so they modified the Chop...take what you can get and go...
[Reply]
TEX 01:37 PM 02-05-2021
It’s pretty simple. If something used by a minority of the majority is truly offensive to the majority of a minority, then get rid of it. As much as I would hate to see it go, we would survive it. So the questions remain: Is it offensive to the majority of the minority, and how do you enforce its abolition if so?
And IF NOT offensive to the majority, when does the cancel culture crowd :-) and move on? Are Scandinavian People offended by the Vikings name and Skol Clap...Is that not the same thing? :-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:52 PM 02-05-2021
Maybe we can simply change to 7 Nation Army. It's still boring and unoriginal, so Chief Fan will probably embrace it. I don't think it's offensive to anyone at the moment, but who knows.

It'd be a lateral move, IMO, but the Chiefs could at least claim they tried. :-)
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:23 PM 02-05-2021
waiting for someone to be offended....but did not call him the landlord

He takes what is his and all of yours too ���� pic.twitter.com/XXhFuWl5SV

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) February 5, 2021

[Reply]
dlphg9 05:07 PM 02-05-2021
Hell I'd say if 1/4th of a minority finds it offensive, then get rid of it. There were 6.6 million natives in the US in 2016, so let's say 7 million now. So it'd take 1.75 million to change it. I doubt you could find 100k that give a shit. Maybe 25k. There are way more white SJW that take offense to this and think wanna say it's racist. That is who these idiot writers are pandering too. They don't really give a fuck.

Hell if I were Native American I think I'd find it cool as hell that my heritage and culture was being associated with best team in the NFL.
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:11 PM 02-05-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
waiting for someone to be offended....but did not call him the landlord

I have no clue how people are offended by the nickname The Landlord.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:24 PM 02-05-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
PC run amuck. Land lords are bad. So is the master bathroom.

DC?
[Reply]
Mecca 05:24 PM 02-05-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Everyone is offended by everything, we've hit that point.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:30 PM 02-05-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Everyone is offended by everything, we've hit that point.
Everything's offensive

My dream SB was the Chiefs/Redskins. Guess it will never happen
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 08:52 AM 02-06-2021
If we are somehow forced to replace "the chop", I suggest we replace it with "the finger."
[Reply]
TribalElder 06:49 PM 02-22-2021
https://www.kctv5.com/news/us_world_...4a08e3d56.html

Cherokee chief: Time for Jeep to end use of tribe's name

TAHLEQUAH, Okla. (AP) — It is time for Jeep to stop using the Cherokee Nation's name on its Cherokee and Grand Cherokee SUVs, the chief of the Oklahoma-based tribe said.

Chief Chuck Hoskin, Jr. said in a statement first reported by Car & Driver magazine that he believes corporations and sports teams should stop using Native American names, images and mascots as nicknames or on their products.

“I’m sure this comes from a place that is well-intended, but it does not honor us by having our name plastered on the side of a car," Hoskin said.

Kristin Starnes, a spokeswoman for Jeep’s parent company, Amsterdam-based Stellantis, said in a statement that the vehicle name was carefully selected “and nurtured over the years to honor and celebrate Native American people for their nobility, prowess and pride." She didn't say whether the company was considering renaming the vehicles and didn't immediately reply to an email requesting that information.

can we please go back to a time before everyone was upset about stupid shit
[Reply]
Bowser 06:51 PM 02-22-2021
I'll be honest - I didn't see that one coming.
[Reply]
Graystoke 06:55 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
No kidding.

Nice avatar btw
[Reply]
007 07:00 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:

Yes you did. We all knew that was coming.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:00 PM 02-22-2021
That really should be an Onion article... "but it does not honor us by having our name plastered on the side of a car most likely to be seen at your local shop or dead on the side of the road... we would seriously settle for a Ford Cherokee at this point."
[Reply]
Page 12 of 27
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up