ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 42
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Unique Military Weapons
Easy 6 05:45 PM 08-02-2013
Cant recall ever seeing a thread on this topic so i thought it was time we had one... this thread is dedicated to military weaponry of any kind, from any era or nation.

There is a seemingly endless array of novel, fascinating, revolutionary or even ill-fated hardware out there so subject material shouldnt be a problem.

First entry coming up shortly...
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:24 PM 01-25-2017
Check out these sweet little German "tankettes", the Weasel and Weasel 2

Light enough to be slung under a helicopter, can be configured for TOW missiles, 20mm cannon, missile systems, ambulance or mobile TOC configurations... had never even heard of them until today, a great idea to give light airborne infantry the extra mobility and punch they often need

https://warisboring.com/the-german-w...cae#.etptui8pz

[Reply]
notorious 02:27 PM 01-25-2017
:-)

They are made by the same company that makes our 120mm smoothbore guns for tanks.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:30 PM 01-25-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
:-)

They are made by the same company that makes our 120mm smoothbore guns for tanks.
The linked article says our Army is definitely looking into its own version, if Rheinmetall is already making milspec weapons for us... it sounds like a great idea to me
[Reply]
notorious 02:31 PM 01-25-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
The linked article says our Army is definitely looking into its own version, if Rheinmetall is already making milspec weapons for us... it sounds like a great idea to me
I want one.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:41 PM 01-25-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
I want one.
Hell yeah! watch them tear ass around in that top vid... you could take that little sucker anywhere
[Reply]
notorious 02:42 PM 01-25-2017
That sucker stopped on a dime, too.
[Reply]
Donger 02:44 PM 01-25-2017
"The Germans always make good stuff."
[Reply]
notorious 02:46 PM 01-25-2017
Originally Posted by Donger:
They make my heavy wood floor sanders and finish sanders.

One breakdown between 4 machines in 13 years......
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:47 PM 01-25-2017
Originally Posted by Donger:
Indeed they do, in my personal experience... "German Engineering" isnt just some empty phrase
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:33 PM 01-25-2017
They aren't that much different from a Bradley. 20mm cannon, TOW, and the Vulcan can all be mounted on a Bradley

[Reply]
ModSocks 03:44 PM 01-25-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Definitely. He used to tease the stories he knew about the place, but would always end it before it started with some "They know when they're being talked about, so I won't talk about it!" kind of cop out. Again, lots of skepticism, but there was always that feel of weight of a little truth behind his stories. For me, anyway.
Heh. My uncle is an aircraft engineer who worked (works?) at Area 51. He was an engineer on what i believe was the F-117. He has a picture of himself working under it with nothing but desert in the background hanging on his wall.

My Grandmother would always poke at him to give up some info and all he'd ever say was, "There's stuff there that you'd never believe".
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:45 PM 01-25-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
They aren't that much different from a Bradley. 20mm cannon, TOW, and the Vulcan can all be mounted on a Bradley

The Weasel 2 comes close to the size of a Bradley, but it can still be carried underneath by a heavy chopper like a Chinook

The Bradley is a size larger and too heavy for that

What I really prefer for our infantry guys is something like the Weasel 1, just look at the rearview mirrors to get an idea of its actual size... those are basically pickup truck mirrors

Put APS on that little dude and its the perfect light infantry accompaniment, able to be taken to places where the Bradley cant instantly be
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:50 PM 01-25-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Heh. My uncle is an aircraft engineer who worked (works?) at Area 51. He was an engineer on what i believe was the F-117. He has a picture of himself working under it with nothing but desert in the background hanging on his wall.

My Grandmother would always poke at him to give up some info and all he'd ever say was, "There's stuff there that you'd never believe".
"... stuff there that you'd never believe"

He surely wasnt telling lies
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:55 PM 01-25-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
"... stuff there that you'd never believe"

He surely wasnt telling lies
He was also a big time Jesus freak. I mean, the most christian Christian i ever met. He converted my aunt and really brought the whole Jesus thing into our family. So take that fwiw.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 04:01 PM 01-25-2017

In the future we are really going to know the whole layout of the battle field and pretty much fuck shit up.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 42
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up