Page 375 of 449
« First < 275325365371372373374375 376377378379385425 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Jalen Ramsey has asked for a trade
St. Patty's Fire 04:17 PM 09-16-2019
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...813515777?s=21
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:05 AM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
They like Ramsey more. Why wouldn't they?

But this isn't all about who's better, it's more complex.
The PED situation makes it extremely unlikely he'll be traded. Cardinals seem like a bunch of stubborn asshats and nobody was willing to pay asking price before the announcement was made. I doubt he could even fetch a 1st at this point in time.
[Reply]
Strongside 10:06 AM 09-24-2019
My hope is that Ramsey continues to throw a fit in Jacksonville and they revisit their offer.

The Vegas handicapper who was pretty dead on throughout that entire negotiating process – and this may have been posted here – reported this weekend that the Chiefs had offered a 1 and a 2 for Ramsey, and that the Jags had all but agreed until "last minute influence" in the front office told them they weren't getting enough value for him...guessing that was the owner.

I think if Ramsey holds out, and it looks like he may, they may end up getting back on the phone with the Chiefs.
[Reply]
O.city 10:06 AM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
The PED situation makes it extremely unlikely he'll be traded. Cardinals seem like a bunch of stubborn asshats and nobody was willing to pay asking price before the announcement was made. I doubt he could even fetch a 1st at this point in time.
They may not.

If they continue to lose and he comes back and shows that he's still good, I can't imagine why they'd want to hold on to him.

Similar to how it was in KC with Tony G, it sucks as a fan to see it happen, but it always made sense.
[Reply]
O.city 10:07 AM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by Strongside:
My hope is that Ramsey continues to throw a fit in Jacksonville and they revisit their offer.

The Vegas handicapper who was pretty dead on throughout that entire negotiating process – and this may have been posted here – reported this weekend that the Chiefs had offered a 1 and a 2 for Ramsey, and that the Jags had all but agreed until "last minute influence" in the front office told them they weren't getting enough value for him...guessing that was the owner.

I think if Ramsey holds out, and it looks like he may, they may end up getting back on the phone with the Chiefs.
It would make sense if it isn't a crazy deal. They can't blow everything on him.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:09 AM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Huh?
In a preseason game, I think. It really was a beautiful play.
[Reply]
O.city 10:09 AM 09-24-2019
The problem with a 1 and 2 from KC, is just where those picks are gonna be. Those are at the back ass end of the rounds. So essentially, it could be looked at like basically a 2nd and a 3.

I just can't see that being enough.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:09 AM 09-24-2019
At this point I'd just wait and see if Claiborne is enough of an upgrade over Ward.
[Reply]
O.city 10:11 AM 09-24-2019
At this point I'd just wait and see if Claiborne is enough of an upgrade over Ward.
For this season, probably.

Going forward a few seasons, Ramsey makes more sense if that's what they want to do.

Again, this would 100 percent mean the loss of Chris Jones though.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:15 AM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
The problem with a 1 and 2 from KC, is just where those picks are gonna be. Those are at the back ass end of the rounds. So essentially, it could be looked at like basically a 2nd and a 3.

I just can't see that being enough.
Our 2nd round pick is the 49ers pick.
[Reply]
O.city 10:15 AM 09-24-2019
Someone brought it up here and I kind of poo poo'd it but when you kind of dig into it, defenses today seem to be more about the whole collective group. Not a stars and scrubs thing anymore as teams are just to smart and will pick apart those areas where you're weak.

When I watch teams that have good defenses in today's NFL, it looks to me like it's going more along the way of having versatile players that play in a scheme that makes it tough on teams.

In a long winded ramble basically what i'm saying is I don't know that I really like the idea of sinking that much money into Chris Jones. He's very disruptive and makes big plays, but as was evident in the Ravens game vs the run, he just is a bit undisciplined. Granted, the Ravens are legit on the ground, and Yanda is a monster, but damn.

I dunno. If I could have a pick between the two, I don't know that I take Jones over Ramsey.
[Reply]
O.city 10:15 AM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Our 2nd round pick is the 49ers pick.
I figured it would be a 1st this year and 2nd next year?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:17 AM 09-24-2019
I'd rather have Jones+1+2 over Ramsey
[Reply]
O.city 10:18 AM 09-24-2019
I'd rather have Jones+1+2 over Ramsey
I'm assuming in my situation, you could get a lot of that back in a tag and trade situation.
[Reply]
O.city 10:19 AM 09-24-2019
I will also readily admit that i'm skewed by the Ravens game and the ass gashing we got put on us vs the run.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:25 AM 09-24-2019
Do not need this clown considering the cost. Find a linebacker who can stop the run instead, or a run-stuffing DL.....
[Reply]
Page 375 of 449
« First < 275325365371372373374375 376377378379385425 > Last »
Up