ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 12
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Carson Wentz
Dante84 08:43 PM 04-01-2024
Woah

Just in: The #Chiefs are signing veteran QB Carson Wentz, per @Schultz_Report. A new backup to Patrick Mahomes. pic.twitter.com/hAI4F9NADS

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) April 2, 2024

#Chiefs signed Carson Wentz as backup 1-year deal, per sources.

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) April 2, 2024

[Reply]
Art_Vandelay 03:58 AM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
He can’t. Frank Reich thought he could fix him and was so disgusted with him he dumped him after one year in Indy.

Andy aint fixing shit. Let’s just hope he doesn’t come in with a massive ego and **** with the locker room.
That's not correct. Frank Reich wanted to keep Wentz after the season. It was owner Jim Irsay who wanted to get rid of him (exact reasons were not given, it was speculated that Irsay was pissed because Wentz didn't want to get vaccinated in the Covid19 season). Instead, he brought in Matt Ryan, with whom the Colts had a significantly worse season than the year before with Wentz.
[Reply]
seamonster 04:32 AM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Art_Vandelay:
That's not correct. Frank Reich wanted to keep Wentz after the season. It was owner Jim Irsay who wanted to get rid of him (exact reasons were not given, it was speculated that Irsay was pissed because Wentz didn't want to get vaccinated in the Covid19 season). Instead, he brought in Matt Ryan, with whom the Colts had a significantly worse season than the year before with Wentz.
That's exactly what happened. Wentz rubbed Irsay the wrong way. Country boy that bow hunts and didn't take the vaccine. Which is part of the problem with Wentz. Has Josh Allen-like arm talent but he's disintrested in football. He'd rather be in a tree stand.
[Reply]
HemiEd 04-02-2024, 05:26 AM
This message has been deleted by HemiEd.
RealSNR 05:57 AM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Carson Wentz led the NFL in QBR in 2017. He's 20th among active NFL QBs in passer rating. He had a 27 TD to 7 INT ratio in his last full season as a starter in 2021.

Is he the best backup QB this franchise has had since Rich Gannon?
0dd T0dd.

But also Nick Foles for that one year.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:00 AM 04-02-2024
Carson Wentz grovels at the feet of the man who rebuilt the man who ruined his career. Andy takes pity.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:07 AM 04-02-2024
I dunno, I remember early on in his career he was pretty good. Just often injured. I saw him at Arrowhead get beat by the Chiefs, but I remember thinking that dude is big and has a cannon. That was the game where Kelce Superman dove from the 5 yard line and landed on the Eagles player which carried him into the endzone. Epic.

This ain't the worst backup QB signing...
[Reply]
ptlyon 06:09 AM 04-02-2024
Red on the head like a dick on a dog
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:18 AM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
What QB comes in here thinking they got a shot at the job? Of course he knows he’s a backup.
my point is that he's been through enough in his career that he will probably eat humble pie. First it was accepting that he will never fight for a starting job even for a bad team. Last year it was accepting he wasn't worth what he thought. He's been brought down many pegs and if that straightens out his attitude we may end up with a real good one.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:25 AM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by seamonster:
That's exactly what happened. Wentz rubbed Irsay the wrong way. Country boy that bow hunts and didn't take the vaccine. Which is part of the problem with Wentz. Has Josh Allen-like arm talent but he's disintrested in football. He'd rather be in a tree stand.
Never heard that. Sounds like Cutler, minus the diabeetus.
[Reply]
R Clark 06:32 AM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Red on the head like a dick on a dog
Red on the noodle like a Peter on a poodle
[Reply]
Justman59 06:45 AM 04-02-2024
I'm just happy it's not Blaine.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:11 AM 04-02-2024
Tough boxer face that left when Sneed went south
[Reply]
raybec 4 07:19 AM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Tough boxer face that left when Sneed went south
What?
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:21 AM 04-02-2024
I like it. Reid will do wonders for him IMHO as long as he is willing to listen and put in the work.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:30 AM 04-02-2024
Did they say how much the contract is for I doubt he signed for cheap knowing he has no shot at starting
[Reply]
Mulliganman 07:49 AM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I like it. Reid will do wonders for him IMHO as long as he is willing to listen and put in the work.
Those griping need to remember that Andy made Matt Moore look like a competent NFL player after not having played for a while.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 12
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up