ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 95
« First < 172324252627 282930313777 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick, Tyrann and friends have something to say
Dante84 07:18 PM 06-04-2020

#StrongerTogether pic.twitter.com/sfwF9Uvgaa

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) June 5, 2020

We love and support our players. We’re proud of you Patrick and Tyrann.@PatrickMahomes @Mathieu_Era https://t.co/JwL6p0vzP6

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 5, 2020

We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People. We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter. #InspireChange pic.twitter.com/ENWQP8A0sv

— NFL (@NFL) June 5, 2020

[Reply]
staylor26 02:58 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Staylor causing problems again

Surprise surprise
Oh you start talking about Castro and then you’ll REALLY get me fired up.

If I can find a video of my grandfather going off about Castro on YT it would all make sense to you guys. I know he has some on there, but I don’t know if there’s any of him going off. He used to regularly on the news.
[Reply]
O.city 03:00 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:

If I can find a video of my grandfather going off about Castro on YT it would all make sense to you guys. I know he has some on there, but I don’t know if there’s any of him going off. He used to regularly on the news.
Interesting
Was he in media or something?
[Reply]
staylor26 03:01 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Interesting
Was he in media or something?
He was a famous activist (within the Cuban community of America), so he was a regular on their news.

Castro certainly knew him by name and wanted to have him killed.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:02 PM 06-05-2020

Nevermind O.City - he’s just being condescending again.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:03 PM 06-05-2020
To this day my family isn’t “allowed” to go to Cuba. The man that used to be married to my aunt went and they followed him around and confiscated all of his videos from his daughters birthday party (happened while he was there) before he left. Scary stuff. So even now our family doesn’t want any of us there.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:06 PM 06-05-2020

yeah, living here in Florida you can be talking to someone and then they get triggered about Castro and go on a rant about what he did to their grandparents etc. so I get the anger. It’s real and tied to personal anger of what was done to their family.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:09 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
yeah, living here in Florida you can be talking to someone and then they get triggered about Castro and go on a rant about what he did to their grandparents etc. so I get the anger. It’s real and tied to personal anger of what was done to their family.
Yet Mecca suggested it was fake outrage.
[Reply]
O.city 03:09 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Nevermind O.City - he’s just being condescending again.
Just doing my duty
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:11 PM 06-05-2020
Yet Mecca suggested it was fake outrage.
Well I can vouch from personal experience, There was nothing “fake” about the people I know that out of the blue went on a anti-Castro rant down here.
[Reply]
Sorce 03:17 PM 06-05-2020
There is a lot of whataboutism going on in this thread. Are there other things messed up in our society, yeah. But this is what the spotlight is on now. Police brutality and systematic racism. The police have basically responded by saying hold my beer. Not just against black people either, they have made it clear they are out of control. Lets focus on fixing these problems then we can concentrate on fixing the other problems people have mentioned. Lets not just say well this is a problem too so lets do nothing.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:19 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Sorce:
There is a lot of whataboutism going on in this thread. Are there other things messed up in our society, yeah. But this is what the spotlight is on now. Police brutality and systematic racism. The police have basically responded by saying hold my beer. Not just against black people either, they have made it clear they are out of control. Lets focus on fixing these problems then we can concentrate on fixing the other problems people have mentioned. Lets not just say well this is a problem too so lets do nothing.
whataboutism

"My AC is broke, I need to focus on that instead of my cracked engine block"
[Reply]
mr. tegu 03:22 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
This is all complete and utter speculation

Well yeah.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:27 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Sorce:
Police brutality is an issue. My critiques are:

1. It’s mostly a male issue yet black women are telling white men they don’t know what it feels like to be scared of the cops. A white male is more likely to be a victim of police brutality than a black female. If I simply pointed this fact out, I’d be labeled a racist.

2. The stats don’t support the hyperbolic narratives of black men being hunted. If anything, it’s the cops that are 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black man.

3. There’s not much talk about realistic solutions. It’s just a lot of anger and virtue signaling on social media.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:30 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Winston's contract with NO has a base salary of $1.1M. The career starter and 1st round pick flamed out in Tampa as he did not develop into a reliable starter. Kneeling had nothing to do with his reduced market value.

The same can be said for Kaep. The difference is that Winston was willing to take personal responsiblity, accept that he needed to work on his game and accept a smaller paycheck with hopes to reinvent himself and push for a starting gig in the coming seasons.

Kaep did the opposite. No personal responsibility for his diminished play and instead of looking at why he wasn't getting starter money, he blamed the NFL for racism and collusion.
Pretty much this
[Reply]
Sorce 03:33 PM 06-05-2020
Police brutality is an issue. My critiques are:

1. It’s mostly a male issue yet black women are telling white men they don’t know what it feels like to be scared of the cops. A white male is more likely to be a victim of police brutality than a black female. If I simply pointed this fact out, I’d be labeled a racist.

2. The stats don’t support the hyperbolic narratives of black men being hunted. If anything, it’s the cops that are 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black man.

3. There’s not much talk about realistic solutions. It’s just a lot of anger and virtue signaling on social media.
Or you know you could just shut up and listen. Rather than jumping straight to "your feelings are wrong" just listen. These protests have proven the police thugs need a lot of reform, they are attacking peaceful protesters with unnecessary force. Lets start there.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 95
« First < 172324252627 282930313777 > Last »
Up