ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 95
« First < 142021222324 252627283474 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick, Tyrann and friends have something to say
Dante84 07:18 PM 06-04-2020

#StrongerTogether pic.twitter.com/sfwF9Uvgaa

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) June 5, 2020

We love and support our players. We’re proud of you Patrick and Tyrann.@PatrickMahomes @Mathieu_Era https://t.co/JwL6p0vzP6

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 5, 2020

We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People. We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter. #InspireChange pic.twitter.com/ENWQP8A0sv

— NFL (@NFL) June 5, 2020

[Reply]
staylor26 02:09 PM 06-05-2020
For the record, despite thinking he’s full of shit and hypocritical, I wish Kaep would’ve never left to begin with.

But I totally understand why.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:10 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Well there is always DC where you can talk about how good this country used to be when when right now we are showing how powerful this country really is.
Remember how great the country was before the internet? Pepperidge farm remembers.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:13 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Agree to disagree.

I'm not talking about telling people to fuck off or die of AIDS or any variation of that kind of speech.

I'm talking about DC section of this forum in which people spew some of the most vile shit I've ever been exposed to in my entire life.
I’ve been told to die of AIDS on this site several times. Each one is a badge of honor.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:13 PM 06-05-2020
In 2019 alone, Cam Newton had his shoulder scoped and had a Lisfranc injury which cut his season short.

That is completely different than CK's situation and not even remotely comparable.
Nor is comparing a completely benign, milquetoast backup QB who will not rock the boat and accept backup quarterback money to come in and be a backup to Colin Kaepernick who exactly zero of those things.

But RGIII is same situation, same time, different volume and even RGIII couldn't get a job in 2017 after a failed stint in Cleveland. Take away the 'controversy issue' and you still had a guy who was an odd fit as a backup who wasn't immediately willing to accept backup pay and who's career seemed on a downward track.

And he didn't get a job until the right situation emerged in Baltimore where the fit and demands worked out. THEN he got the backup gig over CK even though the Ravens wanted CK first. Why? Because when he was on his way for a visit his girlfriend puts the Ravens owner and most modern era player on blast, essentially calling the owner a slavemaster and Lewis a house negro.

The Ravens situation demonstrates the problem perfectly. Right system, still a little tread on the tires, his salary demands have come down. So the Ravens checked all the boxes for him and they WERE going to consider him. Then the carnival that will surround this guy was brought into sharp focus.

It isn't one thing. It has never been one thing. But a variety of factors always made his fit odd and even when the fit was there, the headache was just too much for a backup and that's in large part of his own making and the decisions of those surrounding him.

People cherry pick the hell out of this stuff but the narrative just doesn't stand up.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:14 PM 06-05-2020
Juan Thornhill has a horse shoe up his ass not to be dead.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:15 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Remember how great the country was before the internet? Pepperidge farm remembers.
Hate that meme lol
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:16 PM 06-05-2020
Personal accountability?

Is that why Matt Cassel has earned in excess of $75 million in the NFL, because he admitted that he sucks?
Blame that stupid fucking GM that gave him that contract after 1 season in NE. And after that stupid contract? Nothing but a backup's salary. And he accepted it and became a career backup.

Did Chase Daniel admit that he sucks, too?
A career backup making career backup money.

How about Mike Glennon, he of the $45 million dollar contract?
Another stupid move. I'm not arguing that stupid moves don't happen.

How about Teddy Bridgewater who turned a backup salary into $63M because he was willing to work his way back up the ladder after his injury?

Or Nick Foles who went from out of the league, to vet min, to $88M from the Jags.

Yeah, so CK wasn't able to find some sucker to give him Cassel or Glennon money.

But he wasn't smart enough either to take what's on the table and parlay it into Bridgewater or Foles money either.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:16 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
So he'd be a great backup for Lamar Jackson is what you're saying..
Sure. If he’ll accept being a backup QB and getting paid like one.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:17 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-)

I have no idea why you are even saying this. I’m not saying that Kaep shouldn’t be in the NFL because of it.
Let's put it this way:

CK wore a Castro shirt, pig socks and kneeled. He lost his job in the NFL and hasn't had a reasonable offer or opportunity to play since the 2016 season.

Meanwhile, a man that ran for president in 2016 and again in 2019, that garnered more than 13 million votes and legions of supporters, stated on national TV that Castro and Cuba "weren't that bad" and "got some things right, like healthcare", and that man still has a job in the United States Senate.

Which is more offensive?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:17 PM 06-05-2020
Agree to disagree.

I'm not talking about telling people to fuck off or die of AIDS or any variation of that kind of speech.

I'm talking about DC section of this forum in which people spew some of the most vile shit I've ever been exposed to in my entire life.
Like, 2 of them. The rest you simply disagree with them ideologically so you assume impure motives.

Besides, why do you think DC was created. Moderators recognized some of the outright trolling and over the top behavior in those threads and put them in their own little quarantine.

There's the Lounge and then there's CPDC. Seems odd to simply paint the latter as the former.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:19 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
But RGIII is same situation, same time, different volume and even RGIII couldn't get a job in 2017 after a failed stint in Cleveland. Take away the 'controversy issue' and you still had a guy who was an odd fit as a backup who wasn't immediately willing to accept backup pay and who's career seemed on a downward track.
Great comparison.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:20 PM 06-05-2020
Let's put it this way:

CK wore a Castro shirt, pig socks and kneeled. He lost his job in the NFL and hasn't had a reasonable offer or opportunity to play since the 2016 season.

Meanwhile, a man that ran for president in 2016 and again in 2019, that garnered more than 13 million votes and legions of supporters, stated on national TV that Castro and Cuba "weren't that bad" and "got some things right, like healthcare", and that man still has a job in the United States Senate.

Which is more offensive?
I honestly have no idea what your point is.

What does the NFL, Aldon Smith, Sanders etc. have to do with my opinion on Kaepernick as a messenger?

I’m not saying Kaepernick shouldn’t be in the NFL. How can I be more clear?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:21 PM 06-05-2020
Let's put it this way:

Which is more offensive?
Are you asking if the people that are offended by Colin Kaepernick's statements weren't ALSO offended by Bernie Sanders? Like - seriously?

I mean FFS, this is easy. None of Bernie's constituencies or his supporters believe he was wrong in saying what he said. And none of those same people are riding Kaepernick's ass.

If there was some way for the citizens of New Hampshire to vote Kaepernick back into the NFL, you're damn right they would.

Ridiculous statement, man.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:24 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
A career backup making career backup money.

Yeah, so CK wasn't able to find some sucker to give him Cassel or Glennon money.

But he wasn't smart enough either to take what's on the table and parlay it into Bridgewater or Foles money either.
Cassel has earned $65.4 million dollars. Mike Glennon has earned over $28 million dollars. Chase Daniel, he of the new 3 year $13 million dollar deal has earned more than $34 million.

Can anyone say with a straight face that those guys are better QB's than CK?

The league has changed in the past few years regarding QB's. Rather than paying out huge contracts to older QB's like Dalton, Winston and Mariota, teams are opting to take their chances with rookies.

Had that trend been in place back in 2017, maybe CK would have signed somewhere but had that precedent been set, I think there's no doubt that he would have signed by 2018 or at the latest, 2019.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:24 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Great comparison.
As was Bridgewater, sir.

[Reply]
Page 24 of 95
« First < 142021222324 252627283474 > Last »
Up