ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 95
« First < 81415161718 192021222868 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick, Tyrann and friends have something to say
Dante84 07:18 PM 06-04-2020

#StrongerTogether pic.twitter.com/sfwF9Uvgaa

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) June 5, 2020

We love and support our players. We’re proud of you Patrick and Tyrann.@PatrickMahomes @Mathieu_Era https://t.co/JwL6p0vzP6

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 5, 2020

We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People. We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter. #InspireChange pic.twitter.com/ENWQP8A0sv

— NFL (@NFL) June 5, 2020

[Reply]
KCUnited 12:19 PM 06-05-2020
Sensational crimes have always made headlines, like driving Uhaul trucks into stores already boarded up to protect themselves (an actual thing here). So yeah, looting will always get the bulk of attention.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 12:22 PM 06-05-2020
Let the players say what they want to. They have ever right to voice their opinion just like everyone else.
[Reply]
mkp785 12:30 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I mean I hear you, but it's not like off-topic posts are a rarity here...
I agree but the beginning of this thread had some good sports related talk (how the NFL is gonna handle it, fan reaction, possible sponsorship issues, etc). Then it got mucked up-deliberately. All the talk he did about Chicago and everything else is what DC is for.
[Reply]
mkp785 12:42 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
You may have missed my point. They are only talking about brutality against black people, which is a racial differentiator, which opens the discussion up to other surrounding racial issues.

How awesome and truly uniting would it have been if they included truly equally concern for police brutality and listed names of white victims or other races of police brutality. Or heck even just police killed in the rioting. Perhaps you can argue that’s not their responsibility but it would be a huge united and also keep the conversation truly about policing issues. But they didn’t go that route so it leaves room for racial discussions.
No, I get it. If you want to open it up then bring the kneeling issue about players from other sports doing it. I'll give you an example: the NBA is due to start in July, Lebron James has been at the front of all of this recently. It could be said he's the biggest sports star in the world. Do you think he and other NBA players will be kneeling when the NBA decides to play the national anthem next month?

See what I did there? No different then what bleeding did, but he took it even further, and away from what the players are talking about while I just changed sports. I agree that white people, hispanic, native americans, hindu americans and asian americans all others also get killed by cops. That wasn't what Pat is talking about. He (and others like him) are trying to open the discussion about how the issue relates to blacks in this country. That's what they are talking about and that's what the thread has in the title. If bleeding wants to talk about other stuff then create a thread about it and have fun.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:47 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
There have been more than a million of people of all colors peacefully protesting across the country.

4,000 people have been arrested, which is .4% and not all of those arrested were looting, yet the looters grab all of the headlines.
Dane, he wasn’t talking about protestors in the post I quoted.

I’m aware that most people are peacefully protesting.

But I also think there’s more looting/rioting than .4%.
[Reply]
cwhocares 12:49 PM 06-05-2020
There is no place at the games for politics. If you don't want to stand for the anthem then stay in the locker room. You not being on the field will be noticed. We go to the games to escape the world for about 3 hours. Relax and root for our team and to forget about stuff for just a little while. The NFL should require everyone on the field to stand for the anthem. If players don't want to, then they should be given the option to stay in the locker room. If you don't want to do either, you can always find another job with your college education. I'm sure it won't pay millions but, you have that option. On your days off, join the protests, sponsor some of the gatherings, go on talk shows and express your opinion, use twitter, Face Book and other social mediums to get your opinion out there. KEEP POLITICS OFF THE FIELD.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:49 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I don't see how people who are throwing rocks and breaking windows are profiting from the experience.
It’s not just about profiting. They’re young kids looking for an excuse to fuck shit up. They don’t really care. They aren’t heartbroken over this.

If you believe that most of the people fucking shit up care, you’re naive and a fool.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:51 PM 06-05-2020
I also don't believe the majority of the people out there are just fucking shit up though. I think that is pretty small compared to the overall number.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:53 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I also don't believe the majority of the people out there are just fucking shit up though. I think that is pretty small compared to the overall number.
So it’s just a real small amount of people causing ALL this destruction? It’s everywhere and there’s a lot of it. I’ve seen it with my own eyes.

Yes most are protesting peacefully. That doesn’t mean that there isn’t also a significant amount that aren’t.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:54 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
But I also think there’s more looting/rioting than .4%.
4,000 arrests across the country, 560 of which occurred last Saturday night in DTLA and more than one million protesters.

Maybe law enforcement hasn't arrested every looter but that number can't be much higher than 100. It just "seems" as if there are more looters because they're getting all of the attention.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:54 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by mkp785:
No, I get it. If you want to open it up then bring the kneeling issue about players from other sports doing it. I'll give you an example: the NBA is due to start in July, Lebron James has been at the front of all of this recently. It could be said he's the biggest sports star in the world. Do you think he and other NBA players will be kneeling when the NBA decides to play the national anthem next month?

See what I did there? No different then what bleeding did, but he took it even further, and away from what the players are talking about while I just changed sports. I agree that white people, hispanic, native americans, hindu americans and asian americans all others also get killed by cops. That wasn't what Pat is talking about. He (and others like him) are trying to open the discussion about how the issue relates to blacks in this country. That's what they are talking about and that's what the thread has in the title. If bleeding wants to talk about other stuff then create a thread about it and have fun.
Their very first demand to the NFL is to condemn racism. Not police brutality, but racism. So how else should one respond to that beyond a discussion about racial issues? Nobody can honestly say this is just about police brutality towards black people. They aren’t even saying that.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:55 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
So it’s just a real small amount of people causing ALL this destruction? It’s everywhere.
I guess that few bad apples analogy is gonna get spun both ways now...but in reality there are always going to be people who are opportunistic or want to cause chaos that doesn't mean it isn't a minority of who's out there.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:56 PM 06-05-2020
4,000 arrests across the country, 560 of which occurred last Saturday night in DTLA and more than one million protesters.

Maybe law enforcement hasn't arrested every looter but that number can't be much higher than 100. It just "seems" as if there are more looters because they're getting all of the attention.
Some places are/were allowing it to happen though, so there won’t be nearly as many arrests as their are offenders.

I think looking at the number of arrests to try to figure out how many are rioting and looting is silly. Most aren’t being arrested.
[Reply]
mkp785 12:59 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by cwhocares:
There is no place at the games for politics. If you don't want to stand for the anthem then stay in the locker room. You not being on the field will be noticed. We go to the games to escape the world for about 3 hours. Relax and root for our team and to forget about stuff for just a little while. The NFL should require everyone on the field to stand for the anthem. If players don't want to, then they should be given the option to stay in the locker room. If you don't want to do either, you can always find another job with your college education. I'm sure it won't pay millions but, you have that option. On your days off, join the protests, sponsor some of the gatherings, go on talk shows and express your opinion, use twitter, Face Book and other social mediums to get your opinion out there. KEEP POLITICS OFF THE FIELD.
Keep politics off the field but what're you're describing sounds a lot like taking away someone's 1st amendment rights. I don't know if you support allowing people to have guns to protect their family (I do) Sounds like you're against free speech, hopefully you're not against the right to bear arms. Is there any other parts of the constitution that you don't like? Where does it stop for you then? Do you want to tell the players what to wear, who to date, let us know where the overreach into ending people's amendments issue stop? Players are people too and have rights just like all of us do.
[Reply]
cwhocares 01:02 PM 06-05-2020
There have been more than a million of people of all colors peacefully protesting across the country.

4,000 people have been arrested, which is .4% and not all of those arrested were looting, yet the looters grab all of the headlines.
That is because the media now is worried about ratings and money. Violence sells. I am old enough to remember Frank Reynolds, Walter Cronkite, David Brinkley and Chet Huntley. I don't remember any of these people having and agenda. It would be nice if the media just reported the facts and let the viewer make up their own minds.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 95
« First < 81415161718 192021222868 > Last »
Up