ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 20
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Report: Chiefs and OBJ have "mutual interest"
SHOWTIME 06:01 PM 03-17-2024

BREAKING: Star WR Odell Beckham Jr. says goodbye to Baltimore as he won’t be returning to the #Ravens next season.

OBJ and the Super Bowl Champion #Chiefs have mutual interest in getting a deal done. pic.twitter.com/fjQG8p22h8

— MLFootball (@_MLFootball) March 17, 2024

[Reply]
Bowser 05:50 PM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I'm not excited about it unless I hear it is at or under Hollywood's offer. 5m up to 7m with incentives would be about the max I'd want to see for him at this stage.
I was going to say whatever Toney's cap hit is, offer him that and cut Toney. The bad news is OBJ ain't playing anywhere for 2.5 mil and change, and it would go all the way against our cap to cut Toney this year. Next year, Toney has a 14.4 mil cap number if we keep him, but nothing to release him (5th year option and all, I'm assuming).

Long story short - Toney is too cheap to cut to make room for OBJ, that will expect at least three times what Toney is going to cost us, not to mention eating the 2.5 mil to sign a guy to a 7-9 million dollar contract.

OBJ ain't coming here, and Toney ain't getting cut. Unfortunately.
[Reply]
Pinchshot 05:52 PM 03-18-2024
Please no.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:18 PM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by 4th and Long:
Watson had a higher yards per catch than OBJ last year (17 vs 16.5) and just as many TDs (3).
Watson had Pat and OBJ had Lamar. OBJ would have had much higher numbers if he had Pat as his QB JUST for the sake he can actually consistently catch the ball.:-)
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:22 PM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Watson had Pat and OBJ had Lamar. OBJ would have had much higher numbers if he had Pat as his QB JUST for the sake he can actually consistently catch the ball.:-)
someone post OBJs separation stats on here, they were God awful. Not saying I'm against it on a skinny deal, but I don't think OBJ wants skinny, he already has a ring.
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:25 PM 03-18-2024
OBJ stands for Omelets Bacon and Juice.

Because just like breakfast, he's cooked.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:27 PM 03-18-2024
He'll get open like Brooke Pryor's cotton candy teddy
[Reply]
nbkc fan 06:53 PM 03-18-2024
Is no one is focused on the Kardashian curse? They ruin anything they touch. Not sure why you would want her anywhere near the :-).
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:55 PM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
He'll get open like Brooke Pryor's cotton candy teddy
I just threw up a little in my mouth...
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:16 PM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by nbkc fan:
Is no one is focused on the Kardashian curse? They ruin anything they touch. Not sure why you would want her anywhere near the :-).
What's a "Kardashian"?
[Reply]
Bob Dole 05:15 AM 03-19-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I was going to say whatever Toney's cap hit is, offer him that and cut Toney. The bad news is OBJ ain't playing anywhere for 2.5 mil and change, and it would go all the way against our cap to cut Toney this year. Next year, Toney has a 14.4 mil cap number if we keep him, but nothing to release him (5th year option and all, I'm assuming).

Long story short - Toney is too cheap to cut to make room for OBJ, that will expect at least three times what Toney is going to cost us, not to mention eating the 2.5 mil to sign a guy to a 7-9 million dollar contract.

OBJ ain't coming here, and Toney ain't getting cut. Unfortunately.
I just hope Toney can get his head right, because he’s a weapon if he does.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 06:50 AM 03-19-2024
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
I just hope Toney can get his head right, because he’s a weapon if he does.
Not sure what the problem with Toney is/was (besides the obvious drops). They never seemed to send him downfield. His most productive game as a Chief playing WR seemed to be his first. Maybe he just couldn’t get the playbook or maybe he just isn’t that good.
[Reply]
nychief 07:10 AM 03-19-2024
Toney was injured from the first moment of training camp with the meniscus tear and surgery...didn't practice and played that first game and couldn't catch a cold.... all down hill from there.

I still think there is still a chance of him being somewhat productive....but he's injury prone, his fast twitch moves and violent running style just cause injuries at this level and makes him inconsistent.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:21 AM 03-19-2024
I don't want this selfish fucking dude on my team.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 07:26 AM 03-19-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
OBJ stands for Omelets Bacon and Juice.

Because just like breakfast, he's cooked.
You cook juice?
[Reply]
In58men 07:28 AM 03-19-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't want this selfish ****ing dude on my team.
Andy Reid would put him in check.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 20
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Up