JohnnyHammersticks 08:57 AM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
Can somebody create a “2024 Free Agency” thread, please. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Done
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:38 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I never thought for one second those reports were true.

Wasn't it something like 2 firsts? A 1st and a 2nd? I mean just obviously loony tunes stuff, IMO.

Had they been able to get that deal done they'd have likely been able to get up to 1.1 without giving up their 2024 first rounder. Oh they'd still suck - even worse in fact, but they'd be sitting in the catbirds seat right now instead of Chicago.

There's just no way they turned that deal down.
I’ve always guess the rumor was bullshit, but man EVERY outlet has reported it. They all seem to believe it.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:40 PM 03-11-2024
I think a 2 is shaping up to be the firm price for LJ
[Reply]
RunKC 04:41 PM 03-11-2024
Lloyd Cushenberry-$12.5 million APY
Robert Hunt-$20 million APY

Yeah. Pretty easy decision between Creed and Trey next year..
[Reply]
JPH83 04:42 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Maurice Hurst for 1 year up to 3m back to the Browns, would have done that too
God dammit this was my hope. That is peanuts
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:44 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
It's not even worth explaining anymore.

If you watched any Chicago games everything you said was obvious.

The ball was going to Moore or Kmet.
Goddamn, you're dense.

The ball went to Mooney sixty one fucking times as the 3rd option in their offense.

MORE than the number of targets our 3rd option received.

Guess Pat sucks at his progressions.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:44 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Good chance Trey turns into a R3 comp pick too cause I don’t see us paying big for any outsiders these next couple years.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:45 PM 03-11-2024
Make it rain make it rain make it rain on dem hoes - Brett Veach
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:46 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Both options fucking suck.
A-FUCKING-MEN.

Good Christ, it's like people are just completely ignoring how much they bitched about our WR room - now they wanna run it back with the same kinda JAG's.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:48 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I can see starting to shift his philosophy with the breakout of Rice where he plays his rookies early but he has to draft an intelligent WR that’s why I think someone like McConkey would be fantastic
DON'T need another slot guy.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:49 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Man.

Teams must really think the Cover 2 shell taking away the deep shots is here to stay. Because it's awfully hard to raise hell off the edge on 2-step drops. So they must expect more and more interior pressure so they're beefing up the IOLs.

So...uh...is there ANYONE with the appetite to actually trade Smith? Madden stuff; would never happen. But I tell ya what, I'd listen to the calls. If you can get 3 years (2 SB rings) and a late 2nd/early 3rd for out of a 6th round pick, that's how you clean shit up, now. It's getting up a couple grand and walking away from the roulette wheel.

Risky, sure. But man, I just feel like we can get by with a rookie at RG. And it's a solid draft for them after you consider the likelihood of many of those guys listed at OT are going to play G at the next level.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:50 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
A-FUCKING-MEN.

Good Christ, it's like people are just completely ignoring how much they bitched about our WR room - now they wanna run it back with the same kinda JAG's.

No. It’s the people are looking at how you improve the WR position and being realistic about it.

The Chiefs are far more likely to lift the talent in that room with some smaller, calculated swings (that are bigger than last year) than by doing something desperate like burning a bunch of capital to get one guy.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 04:53 PM 03-11-2024
Yeah at the end of the day you’re trying to turn a number 3 WR into something he’s likely not. I don’t have the unwavering faith that many of you have in Mooney, Ridley and definitely not Brown. Brown is just a downfield distraction that opens up lanes for Rice, Kelce and our newly drafted WR. If I have to choose gimme Ridley, Mooney then Brown.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:53 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
So name the top WR we should get then? :-)
You apparently missed the 100 times I've posted this year to *either* get a difference maker in FA, OR invest in the position in the draft.

There aren't any difference makers left in FA unless Veach has some background info as to why Ridley seemed disinterested AF in JAX - so I'm good with saving the money and utilizing draft capital or making a trade.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 04:54 PM 03-11-2024
Eckler to Washington
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:55 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
You apparently missed the 100 times I've posted this year to *either* get a difference maker in FA, OR invest in the position in the draft.

There aren't any difference makers left in FA unless Veach has some background info as to why Ridley seemed disinterested AF in JAX - so I'm good with saving the money and utilizing draft capital or making a trade.
I thought i had read a quote from Ridley as he gave the ol' "Offense is hard to learn, i'll be better in my 2nd year in it" excuse.
[Reply]
Page 102 of 361
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112152202 > Last »
Up