ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 787 of 3903
« First < 287687737777783784785786787 78878979079179783788712871787 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SupDock 01:20 PM 03-26-2020
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...tor-ppe-crisis

Story of Elmhurst hospital in NY, lack of PPE, etc

I know, BuzzFeed, I'm sorry. There is a tiny amount of politics, so sorry for that as well.

Overall, an eye opening read, though.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:21 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by burt:
Ergo...I lurk mostly. Occasional snide comments to depressurize. I AM not even close to an expert on ANY of this. 1 month ago, no one here was.
Heh, you weren’t even on my mind when I posted that
[Reply]
F150 01:21 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I think we are going to start hearing more about this but Covid deaths\cases are being way under reported for various reasons.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...tors-hospitals

Vast majority of deaths involve any number of causal existing ailments, its not ppossible to differentiate why someone died from a heart attack while having the virus....way too much time being spent defining and redefining meaningless numbers and data with no merit
[Reply]
burt 01:24 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Heh, you weren’t even on my mind when I posted that
I am hurt that I wasn't on your mind!!! But I was only agreeing with you.:-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:24 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
False? No. Unproven? Yes. Why can't either side just agree to wait and see?
False was referring to the headline.

Unproven? Absolutely. Also, there was a warning about azithromycin, which I also posted from the article linked.

I'm of the "Wait and See" approach but it's harmful to post things as fact that are false.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:25 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Have you considered the possibility that those workers were either having some fun and/or being dicks?
Yea well the virus has only been around a few months, the Chiefs gave us pain for 30 years.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:25 PM 03-26-2020
On the plus side, gasoline will soon be below $2.00/gallon.
Unfortunately, that will never happen in my state
[Reply]
Monticore 01:26 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
There’s an overload of information out there right now

I don’t know how accurate Clays info is, but the same could likely be said for a lot of posters here... real, well meaning medical professionals still can’t fully agree on some aspects of this

Doctor A says hydrochloroquine and Zpacs work

Doctor B says it doesn’t

Etc etc etc
This, way too many factors and variables to unpack in such a short time, but I am sure everyone here is hoping it is a safe and effective sure.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:26 PM 03-26-2020
You don't know if it's effective or not, GoChiefs. You're taking his word, and his creepy and political video, as fact. It's obvious what you're doing. I'd appreciate it if you'd stop.
Except multiple countries are now starting trials after seeing it be successful. So again its not a CURE its a treatment that has proven effective enough for whole countries to explore the use of it.

Based on the evidence being presented thus far it looks promising. People who choose to believe the evidence provide thus far are not wrong.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:27 PM 03-26-2020
Under normal circumstances, no, I agree. The fact remains that there have been people who have heard about the magic cure during this pandemic and have died trying it.
This is stupid as hell even for you.
[Reply]
Donger 01:28 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
It is, in fact, effective, not only according to Dr. Zelenko, but several other doctors. It is even in scientific journals.

I think there is no harm in disseminating this information, especially as several countries are now restricting the export of these drugs so they can begin trials.

I will not ask you to stop any of your behavior, it is fine to disagree. Perhaps we can agree to disagree in the future, our interaction seems to drag down this thread.
Great, it shows promise. That isn't what you claimed. Again, please stop.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:29 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Unfortunately, that will never happen in my state
I just filled my truck up for $33. $1.49 a gal.
[Reply]
Donger 01:29 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Except multiple countries are now starting trials after seeing it be successful. So again its not a CURE its a treatment that has proven effective enough for whole countries to explore the use of it.

Based on the evidence being presented thus far it looks promising. People who choose to believe the evidence provide thus far are not wrong.
See above.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:29 PM 03-26-2020
Great, it shows promise. That isn't what you claimed. Again, please stop.
Actually thats exactly what that trial shows. Extrapolated over the entire population maybe not. But that evidence and the Doctor in NY show exactly what he is talking about.
[Reply]
SupDock 01:29 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:

To be clear, there is very little evidence at this point, and the studies are poorly designed. This is understandable because things are happening very fast.
That doesn't mean that it doesn't have potential. I'm just saying the data isn't high quality.

I don't blame countries for not exporting it, but that is in anticipation of incoming data continuing to be good. That doesn't mean they know something that we don't.
[Reply]
Page 787 of 3903
« First < 287687737777783784785786787 78878979079179783788712871787 > Last »
Up