ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 784 of 3903
« First < 284684734774780781782783784 78578678778879483488412841784 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dirk digler 12:41 PM 03-26-2020
Interesting stats out of Italy.

https://www.corriere.it/politica/20_...?refresh_ce-cp
Originally Posted by :

The real death toll for Covid-19 is at least 4 times the official numbers

Nembro, one of the municipalities most affected by Covid-19, should have had - under normal conditions - about 35 deaths. 158 people were registered dead this year by the municipal offices. But the number of deaths officially attributed to Covid-19 is 31

Nembro, in the province of Bergamo, is the municipality most affected by Covid-19 in relation to the population. We do not know exactly how many people have been infected, but we know that the number of deaths officially attributed to Covid-19 is 31. We are two physicists: one who became an entrepreneur in the health sector, the other a mayor, in close contact with a very cohesive territory, where we know each other very well. We noticed that something in these official numbers did not come back right, and we decided - together - to check. We looked at the average of the deaths in the municipality of previous years, in the period January - March.

Nembro should have had - under normal conditions - about 35 deaths. 158 people were registered dead this year by the municipal offices. That is 123 more than the average. Not 31 more, as it should have been according to the official numbers of the coronavirus epidemic.

It is extremely reasonable to think that these excess deaths are largely elderly or frail people who died at home or in residential facilities, without being hospitalized and without being swabbed to verify that they have actually become infected with Covid-19. Given the decline seen in the last few days after the peak, flock immunity has likely been attained in Nembro. To a certain degree, Nembro represents what would happen in Italy if everyone were infected by CoronaVirus, Covid-19: 600,000 people would die. The numbers of Nembro also suggest that we must take those official deaths and multiply them by at least 4 to have the real impact of Covid-19 in Italy, at this moment.

Our suggestion, therefore, is to take the data of the individual municipalities where there have been at least 10 official deaths due to Covid-19 and check if it corresponds to real deaths.

Our fear is that not only the number of infected people have been largely underestimated due to the low number of swabs and tests carried out, and therefore the number of asymptomatic from the statistics have «disappeared», but that the case is also – through the data of the Municipalities - that of the dead.

[Reply]
TLO 12:41 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
What if the cure is drinking horse semen? I think the odds are about the same right now.
Gonna go ahead and disagree with you on this one.
[Reply]
Donger 12:42 PM 03-26-2020
On the plus side, gasoline will soon be below $2.00/gallon.
[Reply]
Donger 12:42 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Yo! Please don't. Let's keep this thread civil.
That was civil compared to what I really think.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:42 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Then I’ll be lauded as a pioneer! Wait.....what?
:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:44 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
On the plus side, gasoline will soon be below $2.00/gallon.
$1.59 here.
[Reply]
loochy 12:44 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
False and unproven.

You guys really need to read the nonsense you're posting and if you ARE reading these articles, then posting, well...
False? No. Unproven? Yes. Why can't either side just agree to wait and see?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:45 PM 03-26-2020
Meanwhile, at Chez HogFarmer

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Mecca 12:45 PM 03-26-2020
We should keep note if you avoid the Corona.
[Reply]
loochy 12:46 PM 03-26-2020
$1.59 here.
I filled up my mower gas can for $1.49 on Monday.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:48 PM 03-26-2020
What if the cure is drinking horse semen? I think the odds are about the same right now.
I think you're on to something here.
I haven't seen any data from Mexico about any of the show girls getting it.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:49 PM 03-26-2020
Yo! Please don't. Let's keep this thread civil.
We've already been asked a few times to boot you from the thread, as I'm sure a lot of people go by the mantra of once a troll, always a troll with little room for benefit of the doubt that you're just trying to be funny or whatever.... yet, I'm not sure what else I'd call your past few posts, where it's nothing more than baiting people into responding and hijacking the thread. Then you'll play dumb, then will be back with the same bit tomorrow.

Stop the bullshit or GTFO.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 12:54 PM 03-26-2020

New York's #COVID19 situation is bad.

New Orleans is about to be worse. NoLA is experiencing the fastest case growth in the world at the moment. https://t.co/XqURe1RPx9

— Reid Wilson (@PoliticsReid) March 26, 2020

[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:55 PM 03-26-2020
If any of you all rent from SBD watch out...

https://view.bbsv3.net/bbext/?p=land...6-d7cd1fed9cc7

Message from the CEO of a local rental company during global pandemic- "Paying rent should be your top priority; you can defer all your other bills. We will not be taken advantage of."

So be aware how they feel about this. Boys and girls rent>food.
Jesus.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:57 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
We've already been asked a few times to boot you from the thread, as I'm sure a lot of people go by the mantra of once a troll, always a troll with little room for benefit of the doubt that you're just trying to be funny or whatever.... yet, I'm not sure what else I'd call your past few posts, where it's nothing more than baiting people into responding and hijacking the thread. Then you'll play dumb, then will be back with the same bit tomorrow.

Stop the bullshit or GTFO.
I am sorry, but I do not understand.

I post info, perhaps positive, but that is my prerogative and perfectly acceptable. People respond and play nice for the most part, then Donger called me a dick out of nowhere.

Donger's response was the issue here. Has something changed? Is positive news no longer welcome here? And Donger calling me a dick is?

I feel like I am treading eggshells in this thread every time I post positive news. It is hard to know what is and what is not acceptable.

Can you quote a post that I may have made that is not acceptable today?
[Reply]
Page 784 of 3903
« First < 284684734774780781782783784 78578678778879483488412841784 > Last »
Up