ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 736 of 3903
« First < 236636686726732733734735736 73773873974074678683612361736 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
carlos3652 11:57 AM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Are these proactive measures to keep it from getting out of control or reactive because it already is?

Either way, hoping for the best for the family...and everyone else that lives there.
Will do - Buenos Aires metro has about 16 million people in a 2k square mile radius so it will be interesting to see if it blows up.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:59 AM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Here is some good news
Projections for major hot spots have been that if they can keep the doubling at around 7-8 days, they'll have sufficiently 'bent the curve' to avoid major capacity issues.

They aren't there yet and it's always the last 20% of a climb that's the hardest, but that's progress.

(I guess trying to delete my post deleted both of them. We'll try again)
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:05 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I do enjoy it when you're incapable of speaking directly to the points I've made so instead substitute your own wildly divergent arguments in their place.

That's okay - you've made your point clear. Mac's friends death is irrelevant and shouldn't be considered in determining policy decision. He was just going to kill himself anyway. He was just looking for an excuse.

Keep on back-pedaling, sweetheart. Obviously considering mental health outcomes in the face of a global financial catastrophe is just putting dollars ahead of lives.
Stop trying to spin my words around to make me look like a piece of shit. It's not my fault social distancing is the way the best medical experts in the world have recommended to limit the amount of lives lost to this virus. If there was another way to do it that wouldn't hurt the economy as much as social distancing has, I'm sure that's what we would be doing.

Maybe if you weren't so ignorant you'd realize there are people in the world smarter than you who are working on this night and day.
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:08 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by carlos3652:
Will do - Buenos Aires metro has about 16 million people in a 2k square mile radius so it will be interesting to see if it blows up.
Did they put a timeframe on the lockdown? I think that is key here, can't have it going on too long or the natives will get restless but obviously don't want to cut it too short and have it all be for naught.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:10 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Did they put a timeframe on the lockdown? I think that is key here, can't have it going on too long or the natives will get restless but obviously don't want to cut it too short and have it all be for naught.
Anything short of 120 days is too short, so..
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:11 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Stop trying to spin my words around to make me look like a piece of shit. It's not my fault social distancing is the way the best medical experts in the world have recommended to limit the amount of lives lost to this virus. If there was another way to do it I'm sure that's what we would be doing.
That's pretty fucking ironic.

You who said "unlike you, some people care more for lives than money" and then proceeded to ignore every post I've made on the subject is going to accuse me of twisting words.

You're the one that said those that commit suicide shouldn't be equally considered because "they have a choice". You're the one that said that those who didn't save enough to get through this "have to take ownership of it". You're the one that spoke to a suicide as someone who "just decided to use these times as an excuse".

Perhaps if you'd actually pay attention to what I'm saying instead of feeling some bizarre ass need to fly over the top of it, you won't end up overplaying your hand this badly and saying stupid, ill-thought bullshit that you have to back away from when it gets fed to you.

But brother - I'm not twisting your words here. You look plenty like a piece of shit on your own.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:12 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
22.2% to 26.9% of people being hospitalized for COVID-19 complications have diabetes.
Generally, when referring to diabetes, it's referring to Type I Diabetes, which is not, by any stretch of the imagination, a choice.

Adult Onset Diabetes, commonly referred to as Type II Diabetes, can be reversed with medication, diet and exercise but it's not exactly easy, especially for older adults in their 60's, 70's and 80's, who are often limited in their mobility.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:15 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's pretty ****ing ironic.

You who said "unlike you, some people care more for lives than money" and then proceeded to ignore every post I've made on the subject is going to accuse me of twisting words.

You're the one that said those that commit suicide shouldn't be equally considered because "they have a choice". You're the one that said that those who didn't save enough to get through this "have to take ownership of it". You're the one that spoke to a suicide as someone who "just decided to use these times as an excuse".

Perhaps if you'd actually pay attention to what I'm saying instead of feeling some bizarre ass need to fly over the top of it, you won't end up overplaying your hand this badly and saying stupid, ill-thought bullshit that you have to back away from when it gets fed to you.

But brother - I'm not twisting your words here. You look plenty like a piece of shit on your own.
When I said take ownership I meant learn from it. Those who commit suicide do have a choice.. Do they not? Mac's friend is an extreme circumstance, obviously. Those people I have a ton of empathy for but they are the minority.

Again, please stop trying to twist my words around.
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:17 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
When I said take ownership I meant learn from it. Those who commit suicide do have a choice.. Do they not? Mac's friend is an extreme circumstance, obviously. Those people I have a ton of empathy for but they are the minority.

Again, please stop trying to twist my words around.
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I would suggest quitting while you're behind.
[Reply]
stumppy 12:17 PM 03-25-2020
Why don't both of you take your bickering to Romper Room.
[Reply]
wazu 12:21 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Generally, when referring to diabetes, it's referring to Type I Diabetes, which is not, by any stretch of the imagination, a choice.

Adult Onset Diabetes, commonly referred to as Type II Diabetes, can be reversed with medication, diet and exercise but it's not exactly easy, especially for older adults in their 60's, 70's and 80's, who are often limited in their mobility.
All of this. The diseases are different enough that one should really almost never say the word "diabetes" without also stating the type.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:22 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Why don't both of you take your bickering to Romper Room.
My bad. Getting way off track here. I apologize.

We gotta come together in these times and post information about this virus in this thread. Not argue with each other over stupid shit.
[Reply]
jdubya 12:31 PM 03-25-2020
Meanwhile nearly 114,000 people have fully recovered to date
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:35 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Meanwhile nearly 114,000 people have fully recovered to date
Poppin' pills!
[Reply]
TLO 12:38 PM 03-25-2020
Governor Parson Requests Federal Major Disaster Declaration for in Response to COVID-19

What exactly does this mean?
[Reply]
Page 736 of 3903
« First < 236636686726732733734735736 73773873974074678683612361736 > Last »
Up