ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 415 of 421
« First < 315365405411412413414415 416417418419 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2018 Free Agents
Couch-Potato 09:52 AM 01-10-2018
Who are you letting walk/cutting/retiring?

http://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018/...8-free-agents/

Who are you targeting?

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...t-tracker?pg=1
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:51 AM 04-11-2018
Colts signed CB Kenneth Acker, formerly of the Chiefs.

Acker played 209 nondescript snaps for Kansas City last season and visited the Seahawks along with the Colts this spring. In Indy, the 6'/195 former sixth-rounder will provide depth should he make the final 53-man roster.
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:18 AM 04-11-2018
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Colts signed CB Kenneth Acker, formerly of the Chiefs.

Acker played 209 nondescript snaps for Kansas City last season and visited the Seahawks along with the Colts this spring. In Indy, the 6'/195 former sixth-rounder will provide depth should he make the final 53-man roster.
All is lost, pack up the season.
[Reply]
O.city 10:21 AM 04-11-2018
Really hope they can hit on some CB's in the draft. Need some good young players out there.
[Reply]
Chargem 11:50 AM 04-11-2018
Not that I really wanted to weigh in on this Reid thing, but from a business perspective, I would have thought the best things the Chiefs could do profit wise would be to win a superbowl. I doubt the Chiefs make it to the SB and people go "nah not watching it this year, Reid". Just sign the best players you can who fill your needs for the cap hit you can afford, almost everything else is irrelevant.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:34 PM 04-11-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Really hope they can hit on some CB's in the draft. Need some good young players out there.
I think they draft 3cbs. 2 high and one with a late rounder.
[Reply]
Buckweath 02:38 PM 04-11-2018
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I think they draft 3cbs. 2 high and one with a late rounder.
I am thinking they trade up for a CB and then draft another one in the later rounds.

You can't draft 3 CBs when you also need a Dlineman, a guard and a safety if no free agent and when you could also use help at TE, WR, ILB and OLB.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:41 PM 04-11-2018
Team had too many needs to swing big money on a WR. This defense looks like shit right now.
[Reply]
O.city 02:58 PM 04-11-2018

Cornelius Lucas visits Chiefs https://t.co/uPmYiZKkOd

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) April 11, 2018

[Reply]
Chargem 03:00 PM 04-11-2018
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Team had too many needs to swing big money on a WR. This defense looks like shit right now.
I dunno, 'like shit' is harsh:

The line is the same unit -Logan +X.Williams, who had a better 2017 per PFF.

The linebackers are the same unit -DJ -KPL +Hitchens (I am not counting Tamba as he didn't contribute in 2017). DJ played okay but was starting to look his age. KPL is a JAG, Hitchens graded better than DJ overall.

CB group is -Peters -Acker -Mitchell +Fuller +Amerson. This is the only group really taking a downgrade from the prior year as it stands, but I don't really think it's a huge step back. Acker, Mitchell and Amerson all JAGS. A quality draft pick would make me feel like this group is roughly the same as last year, rather than worse.

Safety: -Parker +Golden +Berry. hard to see this as anything but a big improvement unless Berry is a shadow of his former self?

There's holes and question marks, but I wouldn't say the defense is looking dire pre-draft.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 01:23 AM 04-12-2018
Originally Posted by Chargem:

CB group is -Peters -Acker -Mitchell +Fuller +Amerson. This is the only group really taking a downgrade from the prior year as it stands, but I don't really think it's a huge step back. Acker, Mitchell and Amerson all JAGS. A quality draft pick would make me feel like this group is roughly the same as last year, rather than worse.

Safety: -Parker +Golden +Berry. hard to see this as anything but a big improvement unless Berry is a shadow of his former self?
The problem is the position that needed the most help is the one you said is taking a downgrade.

For this defense to be good enough in 2018, we really need to hit an impact player when we take a CB. Potentially need that at S as well but I don't see this defense being good enough if we don't find at least 1 more person to help this secondary next year. Even as good as our offense can potentially be, we need more help in that secondary.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:23 AM 04-12-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Seems like Reid doesn't actually intend to stop kneeling. When he was put on the spot by Mike Brown he wouldn't commit to not kneeling after Brown told him he planned to prohibit it. Couple that with what he's looking for in terms of $ and he's not coming here, unless he's desperate.
After stuff like Pacman Jones shooting somebody and paralyzing a strip club bouncer after slamming a strippers head to get his money back, along with things like Vontaze aiming to cripple other players.

That's where Mike Brown is going to draw the line? Lol
[Reply]
Buckweath 07:08 AM 04-12-2018
Originally Posted by Chargem:
I dunno, 'like shit' is harsh:

The line is the same unit -Logan +X.Williams, who had a better 2017 per PFF.

The linebackers are the same unit -DJ -KPL +Hitchens (I am not counting Tamba as he didn't contribute in 2017). DJ played okay but was starting to look his age. KPL is a JAG, Hitchens graded better than DJ overall.

There's holes and question marks, but I wouldn't say the defense is looking dire pre-draft.
Berry should not be counted as an addition as it would be like considering that there will be no injuries this year.

I will say I feel good about this defense. Veach needs to draft a top CB and a top DL with a safety and if two of these three perform decently, I do think the Chiefs defense can be a top 10 unit.

Amerson, Ford, Kpassagnon, Williams are all kinda unknown but they all look like they can potentially give this team solid play. Not all of them will but I feel confident at least two of them will.
[Reply]
Chargem 11:24 AM 04-12-2018
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
Berry should not be counted as an addition as it would be like considering that there will be no injuries this year.

I will say I feel good about this defense. Veach needs to draft a top CB and a top DL with a safety and if two of these three perform decently, I do think the Chiefs defense can be a top 10 unit.

Amerson, Ford, Kpassagnon, Williams are all kinda unknown but they all look like they can potentially give this team solid play. Not all of them will but I feel confident at least two of them will.
I sort of take your point about Berry, I wouldn't say +Ford for this year just because he got injured last year but Berry got injured half way through game 1, so in terms of the personnel for the defense it is pretty much +Berry compared to 2017. I guess you are comparing how you felt about the opening day line up 2017 vs 2018 where as I am thinking about the players who played in 2017 vs the roster in 2018.

Obviously you are going to have some people get injured in 2018, but then you don't know who will take a big step forward in 2018 either.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:10 PM 04-12-2018
Anyone out there still that's gettable and that would make a big splash?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:12 PM 04-12-2018
Some quality names still on this list I found: http://nfltraderumors.co/top-2018-nfl-free-agents-list/
[Reply]
Page 415 of 421
« First < 315365405411412413414415 416417418419 > Last »
Up