ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 103 of 176
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Offseason Repository ***
duncan_idaho 08:24 PM 11-17-2017
It's the end of the world as we know it... and we feel... fine?

2018 is a season of transition for the Royals, or at least it is at this point. Dayton Moore is back. Will he swing full into THE PROCESS 2.0? Or will he try to load up again and make some reload magic happen?

Pending Free Agents:
1B | Eric Hosmer | San Diego Padres, 8 years, $144 million ($5 million signing bonus; $20 million/year in Yrs 1-5; $13 million/year in Yrs 6-8 wth player opt out)
Spoiler!

3B | Mike Moustaskas | Kansas City Royas, 1, $6.5 million
Spoiler!

CF | Lorenzo Cain | Milwaukee Brewers, 5 years, $80 million
Spoiler!

RP | Mike Minor | Texas Rangers, 3, $28 million
Spoiler!

SP | Jason Vargas | New York Mets, 2, $16 million
Spoiler!

SS | Alcides Escobar | Kansas City Royals, 1, $2.5 million
Spoiler!

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

Comp picks explanation:
Spoiler!

2018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:34 AM 02-18-2018
I'll give you that Hosmer was one of the greatest baseball players in 2015 postseason history, but of all-time?

[Reply]
Rasputin 12:00 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I'll give you that Hosmer was one of the greatest baseball players in 2015 postseason history, but of all-time?

It doesn't matter my mind he is immortal it's not like he is the Great Gambino but for me to believe he is I'm good with that.
[Reply]
Three7s 12:03 PM 02-18-2018
To me, Hosmer was just an above average player. He had some clutch moments for sure, but at the same time, he would infuriate you with several of his ABs too. Hard for me to say he's worth that kind of money and years, but good luck to him and the Padres regardless.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:14 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I suppose they may have sold him on SD being a Los Angeles suburb and he can get endorsements out there he can't get here. It's a dubious argument to me
It's a four hour drive from Los Angeles to San Diego due to the traffic.

Padres games are not broadcast in the Los Angeles market.

I enjoy visiting San Diego and North County because the weather is even nicer than in LA (more mild), there are amazing IPA microbrews everywhere, along with hot chicks that wear swimsuit tops 9 months out of the year basically everywhere.

But those things you mentioned don't apply.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:16 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I think Hos will be all about that Cali-beach life.
Realistically speaking, if you were given a chance to sign the same exact contract with a rebuilding team, with one team next to the ocean with a Mean Temperature of about 72 degrees year round vs. a team with extreme weather climates, I'm sure that 9,999 times out of 10,000, you're choosing the team that plays in the milder climate.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:16 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

I enjoy visiting San Diego and North County because the weather is even nicer than in LA (more mild), there are amazing IPA microbrews everywhere, along with hot chicks that wear swimsuit tops 9 months out of the year basically everywhere.
I think this is what likely sold Hos.

He's always wanted to be a coastal player (he's always given that vibe in interviews when asked about an extension with the Royals... all the way back to 2013).

Money wasn't the issue. Comparing the tax rate in KC and Cali, he would have likely made more here.

It seemed the writing was on the wall with this for a while, but it didn't stop GMDM from implying he was going to do everything he could to re-up him since 2012, you know he has to be a bit bummed out about how it shook down.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 12:18 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by Three7s:
To me, Hosmer was just an above average player. He had some clutch moments for sure, but at the same time, he would infuriate you with several of his ABs too. Hard for me to say he's worth that kind of money and years, but good luck to him and the Padres regardless.
Yes...he was an above average player and was good for us for those years. But he left for greener pastures and there is no way I am wishing him good luck.

I know many won't agree with my stance...but for he and Cain, I am more of a "there's the door, don't let it hit you in the a$$ on the way out" mentality. It is every bit their right to seek as much $$ as you can get while you are hot.

But don't expect me to cheer for him or the Padres.

(Yeah I know it is a sucky attitude..)
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:18 PM 02-18-2018
Realistically speaking, if you were given a chance to sign the same exact contract with a rebuilding team, with one team next to the ocean with a Mean Temperature of about 72 degrees year round vs. a team with extreme weather climates, I'm sure that 9,999 times out of 10,000, you're choosing the team that plays in the milder climate.
I don't blame him at all. This isn't a case like Alex. He doesn't have midwestern roots and he was always very honest that he wasn't going to give KC a discount.

The anger on facebook feels like they think Hos had Bubba Starling's upbringing, or something.

He gave us absolutely everything he could have in the time with KC, he doesn't owe us a damn thing. I wish him the best.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:18 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Yes...he was an above average player and was good for us for those years. But he left for greener pastures and there is no way I am wishing him good luck.

I know many won't agree with my stance...but for he and Cain, I am more of a "there's the door, don't let it hit you in the a$$ on the way out" mentality. It is every bit their right to seek as much $$ as you can get while you are hot.

But don't expect me to cheer for him or the Padres.

(Yeah I know it is a sucky attitude..)
The Royals have been very honest about their lack of interest to keep Cain. They were never going to re-up him.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 12:22 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
The Royals have been very honest about their lack of interest to keep Cain. They were never going to re-up him.
I understand that....and can agree both sides did what they should for their own best interests.

I'm just not going out of my way to cheer for him or Hosmer.

And I am pretty sure neither of them will lose a moment's sleep over that. :-)
[Reply]
jimidollar 12:23 PM 02-18-2018
Did anybody post "Well, bye" yet?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:26 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
I understand that....and can agree both sides did what they should for their own best interests.

I'm just not going out of my way to cheer for him or Hosmer.

And I am pretty sure neither of them will lose a moment's sleep over that. :-)
Fair enough.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:29 PM 02-18-2018
Yost's thoughts on Hos today.

The Royals were in contact with Hosmer and his reps this offseason, but Ned Yost said he didn't speak to him. He reached out via text multiple times. He didn't hear back. "I'm not sure whose orders that was," Ned joked. "I didn't hear from him, even when I was on my death bed."

— Rustin Dodd (@rustindodd) February 18, 2018

Ned Yost also shared one of his favorite stories from managing Eric Hosmer. "Just watching him win Gold Gloves and really be the leader in that locker room throughout our championship runs," Yost said, "he’s a pretty special person.” pic.twitter.com/aeIaq3FTHy

— Rustin Dodd (@rustindodd) February 18, 2018

[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:31 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:

He had a great post season performance, but was his even as great as Madison Bumgardners post season performance when looking at the last decade?
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:46 PM 02-18-2018
I’m not sure I could bring myself to pay California tax. Just out of principle.

I’m a million miles away from making that decision but I hate paying the taxes I have now.
[Reply]
Page 103 of 176
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153 > Last »
Up