ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 126
« First < 243031323334 353637384484 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
KcMizzou 07:34 PM 07-17-2014
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Ummmm. Because incest?
Pfft. Whatever. /Cersei Lannister
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 09:12 PM 07-17-2014
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
So why don't superman and supergirl rebuild their race together?
Ummmm. Because incest?
Don't forget rape. She's only 16..
[Reply]
Setsuna 11:27 PM 07-17-2014
Cousins right? Besides this isn't about that this is billions of people died and there are only 2 left. Make some sacrifices?
[Reply]
-King- 11:31 PM 07-17-2014
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Cousins right? Besides this isn't about that this is billions of people died and there are only 2 left. Make some sacrifices?

[Reply]
Setsuna 01:50 AM 07-18-2014
Originally Posted by -King-:
:-):-):-) well kryptonians age I'm sure and isn't she technically older anyway?
[Reply]
tk13 07:16 PM 07-24-2014

#75 pic.twitter.com/Caj2N8iTAb

— ZackSnyder (@ZackSnyder) July 24, 2014

[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 07:22 PM 07-24-2014
Originally Posted by tk13:

I'm Buttchin, err... Batman!
[Reply]
Fish 07:47 PM 07-24-2014
They're so desperate to give Batman angst that they put an angry caveman scowl on the mask. Goofy contrast with the kitty ears.....
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:31 PM 07-25-2014
heh, so someone decided to make a documentary about the aborted Superman movie WB tried to make in the mid to late 90s with Nic Cage, Tim Burton and Kevin Smith.

:-), this would have been a disaster

[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 05:12 PM 07-25-2014
I think it looks pretty interesting. I hope they get to complete the documentary. Would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see all the designs and test footage and all of that.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:13 PM 07-25-2014
Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn:
I think it looks pretty interesting. I hope they get to complete the documentary. Would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see all the designs and test footage and all of that.
I just don't think Burton would have been right for it at all.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 06:26 PM 07-25-2014
I just don't think Burton would have been right for it at all.
Yap. Would've been a disaster, they were right to pull the plug when they did, though this should be an interesting documentary. From the bits Kevin Smith has said about it in his podcast, they basically had virtually no understanding of comic books and superheroes in general and were tying his hands around his back and he had huge creator differences with what Burton wanted to do. Kevin told them they should bring on more advisers and writers from the books but the producers just shat on that because of the "comic" stigma... little did they know that Marvel would do this exact thing and completely pull the rug from under them a decade later.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:03 PM 07-25-2014
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:
Yap. Would've been a disaster, they were right to pull the plug when they did, though this should be an interesting documentary. From the bits Kevin Smith has said about it in his podcast, they basically had virtually no understanding of comic books and superheroes in general and were tying his hands around his back and he had huge creator differences with what Burton wanted to do. Kevin told them they should bring on more advisers and writers from the books but the producers just shat on that because of the "comic" stigma... little did they know that Marvel would do this exact thing and completely pull the rug from under them a decade later.
I've never been a big fan of Burton's Batman.

I thought it was pretty dull and boring back in 89 and it's pure cheese now.
[Reply]
tk13 07:43 PM 07-25-2014
That Kevin Smith tour speech about his participation in this is epic. I'm pretty sure it's on YouTube somewhere.
[Reply]
tk13 07:49 PM 07-25-2014
This is 20 minutes long but hilarious. There were a couple things in Man of Steel that I think were tied into what Kevin Smith says here. The Jon Peters mentioned produced both of the recent Superman movies.

[Reply]
Page 34 of 126
« First < 243031323334 353637384484 > Last »
Up