ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Follow the Money?
Halfcan 01:33 AM 12-05-2020
Major changes have happened to this country in the last year and it looks like 2021 could be even more volatile.

* Restrictions have devastated small businesses- bars, restaurants, and boutique clothing stores failing at record numbers.

* Strip Malls / Outlet Centers are ghost towns and either up for auction or being abandoned across the country.

* Owners trying to cash out of commercial Real Estate.

* Rent is high and Residential Real Estate is at the top of a bubble.

* Stock Market close to an All-Time high.

* Fuel and Energy cost - very low.

* Big Box Retail - Sear, Kmart, JC Pennys, and many others- in a death spiral.

So where are you going to park your money in 2021 and beyond?

[Reply]
eDave 02:49 PM 12-05-2020
BTC +98% over 6m.
[Reply]
Halfcan 03:26 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I think even when things get back to normal the world has learned that so much work can be accomplished online from an employees own home. Commercial office space has much less value now. Residential real estate never goes away. More people means the need for more homes.
Gas and oil demand will spiral downward as the world is moving on from ICE and into EV. The health industry is getting a huge boost in the next few years due to genome sequencing. Life expectancy will be 120 years and that means nursing homes will be a big deal since we'll get to now spend 30 years in one with someone wiping our ass for us.
The commercial properties market looks like it is heading for hard times. Lots of nice office buildings up for sale right now. CVS and Wal-Green properties are for sale as well. I have owned residential rental property before and don't want the hassle- but I would look at holding mortgages. Seems like the safer bet.

Health care REITs look pretty good right now, so do their stocks. I might have to expand into some of these. Good advice!
[Reply]
MahiMike 03:46 PM 12-05-2020
Spread it out, diversify...

Real estate, BTC, precious metals and when it comes to stocks, pick the biggest industry leaders/blue chips you can find.

Small companies are being smothered. The AMZN's of the world will be standing alone...

For speculation, look to EV and Chinese stocks. Don't worry about the delisting of Chinese stocks. Beijing Biden won't let that happen. China is up and coming. We're going down.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:18 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Cashing out and burying the cash piles in my yard while building an underground bunker packed with years worth of MREs.
this is me if I win the lottery. and new socks every day
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:27 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The House just passed a bill de-criminalizing marijuana, so it's just a matter of time before it absolutely explodes across the nation.

Where I live, dispensaries are as ubiquitous as grocery, liquor and pharmacies.
I just bought a shit load of planet13 stock last week. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 04:34 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
this is me if I win the lottery. and new socks every day
Dude. My friend and I were texting the other day about something simple you'd do if you were rich.

I said get new socks every week.

We are the same person!!!!
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:16 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
BTC +98% over 6m.
Are you saying people are getting out of traditional investments and parking their money into cyber money? :-)

Seems pretty risky.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:21 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Are you saying people are getting out of traditional investments and parking their money into cyber money? :-)

Seems pretty risky.
More impervious from government failures and bad monetary policy.
[Reply]
gblowfish 05:22 PM 12-05-2020

[Reply]
eDave 05:23 PM 12-05-2020

Seems pretty risky.
Monitored risk is no risk at all.

Update: BTC +100% over 6m.
[Reply]
scho63 05:55 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Those specific stores stores have have been in a death spiral for 20 years or more. Target, WalMart, Costco, Home Depot, and others are not in a death spiral.
I rarely agree with you but this is 100% correct. :-)
[Reply]
scho63 05:57 PM 12-05-2020
Biotech and food companies have some good value left.

KHC is one
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:09 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Biotech and food companies have some good value left.

KHC is one
What is your opinion of Indoor food growing operations?

Vertical growth systems?
[Reply]
eDave 08:13 PM 12-05-2020
What is your opinion of Indoor food growing operations?

Vertical growth systems?
Follow the weed farms.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:30 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Follow the weed farms.
You can't eat weed. This year has shown us that the food chain is very delicate. Any disruption and the pantry goes bare pretty fast.

Farmland seems very expensive right now. Indoor growers are far more efficient.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up