ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Follow the Money?
Halfcan 01:33 AM 12-05-2020
Major changes have happened to this country in the last year and it looks like 2021 could be even more volatile.

* Restrictions have devastated small businesses- bars, restaurants, and boutique clothing stores failing at record numbers.

* Strip Malls / Outlet Centers are ghost towns and either up for auction or being abandoned across the country.

* Owners trying to cash out of commercial Real Estate.

* Rent is high and Residential Real Estate is at the top of a bubble.

* Stock Market close to an All-Time high.

* Fuel and Energy cost - very low.

* Big Box Retail - Sear, Kmart, JC Pennys, and many others- in a death spiral.

So where are you going to park your money in 2021 and beyond?

[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 10:17 AM 12-05-2020
Commercial REITs do not look promising with impending failure of so many businesses. These REITs had long been a safe haven for investment but I have shifted out of those in a big way since this past Spring.
I like Tech as alternative safe haven for now. Limited face to face contact will surely spur more and more growth of tech.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:23 AM 12-05-2020
Cocaine market seems to be doing fine.
[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 11:53 AM 12-05-2020
Honestly after losing several people recently I think whomever corners the hospice market is going to cash in until we finally come to grips with legalized euthanasia. That will take a huge change in life insurance law. So hospice is where the money is.
No one ever wanted to go to one in the first place.
No one DAMN sure wants to go to one after realizing what a death trap they are
People want to die on their own terms with their families
There is a gold mine in all of us living longer in both extended care and pills
Doctors will soon start making house calls again to the rich mark my word
[Reply]
lewdog 12:41 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Cashing out and burying the cash piles in my yard while building an underground bunker packed with years worth of MREs.
Adding.

Moving to eastern Montana.
[Reply]
Otter 12:48 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan;15371581[B:
So where are you going to park your money in 2021 and beyond?[/B]
Telcom is going to be taking up a bigger percentage of my portfolio.

I also have a feeling that cannabis is going to become legal on a federal level within the next 2 years. So that's something to watch. Other than those two factors (at least for the moment) I'm pretty much staying on track.

It's gonna be a brave new world.
[Reply]
R Clark 01:13 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard:
Honestly after losing several people recently I think whomever corners the hospice market is going to cash in until we finally come to grips with legalized euthanasia. That will take a huge change in life insurance law. So hospice is where the money is.
No one ever wanted to go to one in the first place.
No one DAMN sure wants to go to one after realizing what a death trap they are
People want to die on their own terms with their families
There is a gold mine in all of us living longer in both extended care and pills
Doctors will soon start making house calls again to the rich mark my word
All ready happening
[Reply]
BWillie 01:26 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Don’t worry. There will be a massive amount of government cheese pumped into the system in the coming months.
Are you ready for devaluation of the dollar by printing more money? I sure am!!!
[Reply]
BWillie 01:27 PM 12-05-2020
May I suggest in Bitcoin?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:46 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by Otter:
Telcom is going to be taking up a bigger percentage of my portfolio.

I also have a feeling that cannabis is going to become legal on a federal level within the next 2 years. So that's something to watch. Other than those two factors (at least for the moment) I'm pretty much staying on track.

It's gonna be a brave new world.
The House just passed a bill de-criminalizing marijuana, so it's just a matter of time before it absolutely explodes across the nation.

Where I live, dispensaries are as ubiquitous as grocery, liquor and pharmacies.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 01:57 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Are you ready for devaluation of the dollar by printing more money? I sure am!!!
It's become clear that neither political party cares about fiscal restraint.
[Reply]
Otter 02:11 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The House just passed a bill de-criminalizing marijuana, so it's just a matter of time before it absolutely explodes across the nation.

Where I live, dispensaries are as ubiquitous as grocery, liquor and pharmacies.
I haven't done too much research on the upstream of the dispensaries supply chain. Do you think when it becomes federally legal there will be large nationwide manufacturer for THC products or do you think it will remain small independent farm like operations?

Have to guess there's big money waiting in the wings for this to happen.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:15 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by Sorce:
Under my mattress seems safe.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Just where do you live again?
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 02:21 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Cashing out and burying the cash piles in my yard while building an underground bunker packed with years worth of MREs.
you must be an old dog like me.
this is an option for those who are retired with pensions, 401k and CD'S. Pay the tax and hide with the rest.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 02:22 PM 12-05-2020
Strippers and coke.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:26 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by Otter:
I haven't done too much research on the upstream of the dispensaries supply chain. Do you think when it becomes federally legal there will be large nationwide manufacturer for THC products or do you think it will remain small independent farm like operations?

Have to guess there's big money waiting in the wings for this to happen.
Katipan would be the better person to answer this question but I think that one major advantage to Federal and state legalization will be interstate commerce.

It took me a while to find the "right" edibles for my body, which meant going through several different brands and combinations but most, if not all, of those brands aren't available in states that have legalized it. And because it's legal in some states but not in others, it's scary transporting even a small amount across state lines.

The biggest advantage as I see it is that at some point, I'll be able to purchase Nug chocolates like I can purchase a bottle of Jack Daniels and won't need to worry about whether or not it's properly dosed or if some brand I'd never tried will either provide me with the proper relaxation/buzz or if it makes me fall asleep or much worse.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that standardization will be awesome.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up