ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Spags doesn't care about your stat chasing, neither does Frank
jerryaldini 12:10 AM 12-05-2020
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020...lack-of-sacks/

Originally Posted by :
And then, listen, every time they drop back to throw the football, we’re trying to affect the quarterback,” Spagnuolo said. “It doesn’t have to be a sack, I say this all the time, everybody gets wrapped up in numbers and that’s the big number, but it’s more than that. It’s how we affect the quarterback.
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020...cks-penalties/

Originally Posted by :
I’m a team player, I’m not about to go out of the gameplan to make a play. You see a lot of that stuff in football today. You’ve got guys that want to be ‘the show.’ They want that sack so bad that they’re chasing sacks. They’re doing stuff like that and they see it affect their team. That’s one thing that I pride myself on being is a team player. The team first before Frank. I’ve gotten to where I am today by being a great teammate, not being a great individual player — to keep it real.”

[Reply]
Wallcrawler 02:49 PM 12-05-2020
Can't find the quote now, but wasnt Clark saying the exact opposite last year? Talking about how he wasnt interested in just playing well, and that he was paid to sack the qb, that's how he puts food on the table, etc?

Kind of a weird 180 now to make this statement like he doesnt care if he gets sacks or not.
[Reply]
srvy 03:16 PM 12-05-2020
As a whole, the D is doing ok as an individual Franks having a down year so far. I have an idea maybe Frank has some incentives in his contract he is losing out on. He cant be happy with that. Without the game film, I have trouble seeing what's going on. Is he quitting on plays? Being held or double teamed? It's a good thing it's a team sport and not an individual or we would be in trouble.
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 03:41 PM 12-05-2020
This Defense needs some blood in the water.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 03:48 PM 12-05-2020
Good i want more super bowls! Frank clark being a team player is good.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:06 PM 12-05-2020
Fan perception is amazingly selective.

This defense started the year without one of our starting safeties, who still isn't 100%. Without its starting CB2. Without its best run-stuffing DL. Our best rookie CB broke his collarbone after just a few weeks. Ward broke his hand. Okafor got injured again and was out several weeks. Clark had a stomach bug. Jones did something to his hamstring or groin or whatever.

And somehow Spags got them to hold all but three teams this season to 20 points or less.

Lost but a single game.

Held all but two teams to below their scoring average.

Held four teams to 17 points or less.

All in a year without a real preseason practice schedule, no OTAs for the rookies, no preseason games. With the league calling 70% fewer offensive holding calls across the league, and scoring up by 30% or whatever. And in spite of all that, our defense is 6th in scoring.

But they suck. And it's all Frank Clark's fault, because he gets paid $20 million/year and doesn't have 15 sacks.

Well, I'll be the first to say, I don't give a shit about sack totals. Points given up per game is a much more significant stat for a defense, and giving up 20 points/game while our offense scores 31 points per game is a great stat. i know, it's not nearly as sexy as sacks totals, but we win a lot more games with a duller defense, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Oh, and Spags is a dice-rolling genius.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:09 PM 12-05-2020
Clark can’t use the “sacks stats are meaningless” excuse when the game film shows him currently unable to generate consistent pressure despite being mostly single blocked.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:11 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Clark can’t use the “sacks stats are meaningless” excuse when the game film shows him currently unable to generate consistent pressure despite being mostly single blocked.
Actually, he can as long as we keep winning. And as long as the defense keeps holding teams to below their scoring average.
[Reply]
TRR 05:11 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Then there are 2 "good" defenses in the entire NFL this year.
Bahaha!
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:13 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Actually, he can as long as we keep winning. And as long as the defense keeps holding teams to below their scoring average.
They are winning without him having an impact.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:18 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
They are winning without him having an impact.
If you think he’s not impacting the game you’re not watching closely enough.
[Reply]
TRR 05:18 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Dumb. Chiefs are SIXTH in points allowed and that is WITH teams playing catchup scoring garbage time points.

You guys literally don't watch other games do you???
This “you don’t watch other games” comment is stupid.

You and Bob should go have a beer together and talk about the only thing that matters is points allowed. That shtick is old.

This D. This season. Thus far. Not good. Poor tackling, poor run fits, too many self induced penalties, lacking consistent effort and pressure against the pass. We’ll see if they can clean up the issues....if not, they won’t repeat. To this point in the season, the defense has been far from good.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:25 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
If you think he’s not impacting the game you’re not watching closely enough.
If you want to keep trying to force the incorrect narrative that Clark is making an impact... go for it.

Game film and stats confirm otherwise, making you look laughably wrong.
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:36 PM 12-05-2020
Frank fined for hitting Tom Terrific!

https://sports.yahoo.com/chiefs-fran...205206142.html
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 05:36 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by TRR:

You and Bob should go have a beer together and talk about the only thing that matters is points allowed. That shtick is old.

This D. This season. Thus far. Not good. Poor tackling, poor run fits, too many self induced penalties, lacking consistent effort and pressure against the pass. We’ll see if they can clean up the issues....if not, they won’t repeat. To this point in the season, the defense has been far from good.
And yet.....6th in points allowed.

For all our inability to tackle, play disciplined, stop the run and generate pressure, teams sure have had trouble scoring.

As for points allowed being old hat, as long as SCORING THE MOST FUCKING POINTS determines who wins the God damn game, its going to continue to be the most important stat for a defense.

Perhaps you long for the days of Bob Sutton's defenses leading the league in sacks but givng up points as fast as 15 could put them up.

This defense is more than adequate for the Chiefs to repeat. Weve lost ONE game all season.

Teams need to score 29 points JUST FOR A CHANCE TO GET A ROLL OF THE DICE TO BEAT US.

Let that sink in.

They have to score 29, just for a chance to beat KC.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:38 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by TRR:

6th in points. Watch the fucking games.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up