ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Spags doesn't care about your stat chasing, neither does Frank
jerryaldini 12:10 AM 12-05-2020
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020...lack-of-sacks/

Originally Posted by :
And then, listen, every time they drop back to throw the football, we’re trying to affect the quarterback,” Spagnuolo said. “It doesn’t have to be a sack, I say this all the time, everybody gets wrapped up in numbers and that’s the big number, but it’s more than that. It’s how we affect the quarterback.
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020...cks-penalties/

Originally Posted by :
I’m a team player, I’m not about to go out of the gameplan to make a play. You see a lot of that stuff in football today. You’ve got guys that want to be ‘the show.’ They want that sack so bad that they’re chasing sacks. They’re doing stuff like that and they see it affect their team. That’s one thing that I pride myself on being is a team player. The team first before Frank. I’ve gotten to where I am today by being a great teammate, not being a great individual player — to keep it real.”

[Reply]
kcclone 12:29 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by Boxer_Chief:
I truly believe many people on this board don’t watch any other NFL games. There’s no such thing as a lock down defense. Good defense means holding the other team under 24.

Especially when you adjust for our offense’s scoring.

Now with that said, we will certainly need more production from our DL at some point in the playoffs.
[Reply]
O.city 12:32 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by TRR:
No need to adjust the definition. They are mediocre/middle of the road in nearly every statistical category.

You simply can’t watch this defense, and it’s lack of competence in even the minor details, and state they are good.
Then there are 2 "good" defenses in the entire NFL this year.
[Reply]
O.city 12:34 PM 12-05-2020
It's just a different league than it was 20 years ago.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:41 PM 12-05-2020
No need to adjust the definition. They are mediocre/middle of the road in nearly every statistical category.

You simply can’t watch this defense, and it’s lack of competence in even the minor details, and state they are good.
Dumb. Chiefs are SIXTH in points allowed and that is WITH teams playing catchup scoring garbage time points.

You guys literally don't watch other games do you???
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:45 PM 12-05-2020
People who say the defense hasn’t played “good” are the ones that expect us to shutout opponents. They’re also the ones that bitch when we aren’t blowing out teams by 50 points with our offense.

This isn’t college, you fucking morons.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 12:48 PM 12-05-2020
The defense is 6th in points because we've faced the Jets, Broncos, and Pats.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:50 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
And? The Steelers are #1 and look at their schedule.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:54 PM 12-05-2020
And? The teams ahead of them have faced far more dogshit teams
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:55 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
People who say the defense hasn’t played “good” are the ones that expect us to shutout opponents. They’re also the ones that bitch when we aren’t blowing out teams by 50 points with our offense.

This isn’t college, you fucking morons.
Thank you! Exactly
[Reply]
RunKC 12:57 PM 12-05-2020
Jeff Driskel
Whoever the **** is Cincy’s starter now
RGIII and McSorley
Baker twice
Whoever the **** the Cowboys starter is now
Jake Luton

That’s who the Steelers play/have played
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 12:59 PM 12-05-2020

Top ten unit in the only fucking defensive stat that matters. Points allowed. So yeah, in the grand scheme of WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES, the Chiefs defense is good.

A unit that Is opposite the best qb on the planet is most games, gonna spend a lot of time on the field because we score a shit ton of points.

Not everyone can field a Pitt defense first in every category because the play absolutely nobody.

Now to the topic, Frank was brought here to sack quarterbacks. Period. Hey Spags, you know what really affects quarterbacks?

Sacking them.

If our defensive scheme is somehow built on an idea that sacking the qb would somehow require freelancing and not being a team player, then the scheme needs some serious change, because thats absolutely asinine.

It really "affected" Derek Carr, and Teddy Bridgewater, let me tell you. If by affected you mean made them look like first team all pro.

Chris Jones religiously gets doubled. SOMEONE on that line has to be able to win1v1. Hasnt been happening, and needs to change.

I know tbe Kansas City Chiefs did not trade a first round pick, and pay 20+ million per year to watch Frank's halfass spin moves failing, and him getting bounced out of the club every play.

Its a what have you done for me lately league. Your monster postseason last year means nothing in these games you are playing now.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:02 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Top ten unit in the only fucking defensive stat that matters. Points allowed. So yeah, in the grand scheme of WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES, the Chiefs defense is good.

A unit that Is opposite the best qb on the planet is most games, gonna spend a lot of time on the field because we score a shit ton of points.

Not everyone can field a Pitt defense first in every category because the play absolutely nobody.

Now to the topic, Frank was brought here to sack quarterbacks. Period. Hey Spags, you know what really affects quarterbacks?

Sacking them.

If our defensive scheme is somehow built on an idea that sacking the qb would somehow require freelancing and not being a team player, then the scheme needs some serious change, because thats absolutely asinine.

It really "affected" Derek Carr, and Teddy Bridgewater, let me tell you. If by affected you mean made them look like first team all pro.

Chris Jones religiously gets doubled. SOMEONE on that line has to be able to win1v1. Hasnt been happening, and needs to change.

I know tbe Kansas City Chiefs did not trade a first round pick, and pay 20+ million per year to watch Frank's halfass spin moves failing, and him getting bounced out of the club every play.

Its a what have you done for me lately league. Your monster postseason last year means nothing in these games you are playing now.
Top 6 and pretty much the same PPG as the Steelers when facing comparable level offenses. They have face FAR worse offenses by a country mile
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:06 PM 12-05-2020
If you hold Tom Brady to 24 on his home field you've done your job defensively.

The defense is playing good complementary football.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 01:12 PM 12-05-2020
I have always said a great offense will get 28 per game. A sold defense holds teams to 21. We have done pretty good despite Clark having a poor November.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 01:54 PM 12-05-2020
Clark is playing like garbage. He gets paid big bucks to sack the QB.

Sacking QB's helps the team get the ball back to Mahomes/offense and get W's

Clark isn't doing his part, its just that simple...and it deserves criticism.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up